Just Started Listening to Brother Ali

SunflowaSeeds
SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Lol wtf have I been waiting for? Like seriously, this dude is immensely talented.
I've only listened to "The Undisputed Truth" so far, but I can honestly say he's one of my favorites just based off that album alone.

What's y'all opinion on him, and fav album /tracks???

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I listened to Atmosphere and Sage Francis for like 3 years before i picked up an Ali album. Undisputed Truth was the one that got me into him. US is pretty damn good. and he has an album called Shadows on the Sun i think and it is my favorite release by him.

Favorite Tracks:

Uncle Sam ?
    The Truth Feat Freeway (Ali's GOAT verse i feel)
    i cant remember the name of the song but the one off of US where he's talking about the apartment he lives in with the drug dealers upstairs and hes trying to make it better and get out of that situation. Pretty good song.
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    Ali is the truth. One of my top 5 favorite "new" emcees. Every album he releases he just gets better and better, and that is rare. Dude is incredibly talented and when Ant is on the beats, timeless songs are crafted that I know I will be listening to forever. Not one Ali album has gotten "old" to me. They all get played regularly. I dig his voice, his ability to write diverse songs and his live show is intense. Ali doesn't need a hype man to rock, he does it on his own. Just buy all of his albums. You really can't go wrong. But listen to them as an experience not just out of order and randomly. He really does take his time to create an album experience like the old school classics used to.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Yes. i listen to his albums without skipping. not saying every song is dope but his albums are crafted very ? well.
  • SunflowaSeeds
    SunflowaSeeds Members Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    skeep wrote: »
    Ali is the truth. One of my top 5 favorite "new" emcees. Every album he releases he just gets better and better, and that is rare. Dude is incredibly talented and when Ant is on the beats, timeless songs are crafted that I know I will be listening to forever. Not one Ali album has gotten "old" to me. They all get played regularly. I dig his voice, his ability to write diverse songs and his live show is intense. Ali doesn't need a hype man to rock, he does it on his own. Just buy all of his albums. You really can't go wrong. But listen to them as an experience not just out of order and randomly. He really does take his time to create an album experience like the old school classics used to.

Word, when I realized that after listening to Undisputed Truth, I was pretty blown away.

I'm definitely copping the other albums.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    My favorite Brother Ali song is You Say (Puppy love)...

Amazing production by Ant, the voilin on the backing is great!
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    I listened to Atmosphere and Sage Francis for like 3 years before i picked up an Ali album. Undisputed Truth was the one that got me into him. US is pretty damn good. and he has an album called Shadows on the Sun i think and it is my favorite release by him.

Favorite Tracks:

Uncle Sam ?
    The Truth Feat Freeway (Ali's GOAT verse i feel)
    i cant remember the name of the song but the one off of US where he's talking about the apartment he lives in with the drug dealers upstairs and hes trying to make it better and get out of that situation. Pretty good song.

@ 1st bolded - loved that album, T/S should definitely get it.
    @ 2nd bolded - House keys
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    My favorite Brother Ali song is You Say (Puppy love)...

Amazing production by Ant, the voilin on the backing is great!

The first time I heard that, it sounded like the beginning of Prince "Diamonds and Pearls". Do you know if they sampled it or what?????

Yeah my fav tracks of the Us album by Brother Ali are "tightrope", "breakin dawn", "bad mufucker Pt.2", "you say (puppy love)", "Us"
    I'm so incredibly nasty
    yes my mama slapped me when she had me
    told me get ya ass out witcha daddy!
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Lol wtf have I been waiting for? Like seriously, this dude is immensely talented.
    I've only listened to "The Undisputed Truth" so far, but I can honestly say he's one of my favorites just based off that album alone.

What's y'all opinion on him, and fav album /tracks???

Well then you need to cop "shadows of the sun" asap

This is what an MC's supposed to sound like. From mic presence, to his own swag, beat selection, lyricism, man you can't go wrong bumpin this dude
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Well then you need to cop "shadows of the sun" asap

This is what an MC's supposed to sound like. From mic presence, to his own swag, beat selection, lyricism, man you can't go wrong bumpin this dude

Yeah, most agree that Shadows of the Sun is his best release to date. He's really nice though:
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited October 2011
    I dig it, I've only heard that albumn as well though.
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Its all good, love all the albums, and the EPs too. Shadows On The Sun is my favorite followed by Us. But also check out that Champion EP, which includes Rain Water, one of my favorite brother Ali songs, hell, one of my favorite songs period.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Its all good, love all the albums, and the EPs too. Shadows On The Sun is my favorite followed by Us. But also check out that Champion EP, which includes Rain Water, one of my favorite brother Ali songs, hell, one of my favorite songs period.

That was the track I was looking to find yesterday, but all I could think of was Masta Ace's Beautiful lol. Was beginning to annoy me, thanks for that unintentional help!