If black people should never worship white Jesus, doesn't that mean...

Options
@My_nameaintearl
@My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
edited October 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
...white people should never worship black Jesus?

Let's say, just for the sake of argument, that Jesus was white. Does this mean blacks should never ever have been Christians?

Now let's say, again just for the sake of argument, that Jesus was black. Does this mean whites should never have been Christians?

Now let's consider the most likely scenario, which is that Jesus was light brown. Who should worship him then? If your image of ? is different from your image of yourself, should you worship anybody besides yourself?

Just food for thought. Discuss.

Comments

• @My_nameaintearl
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Dag yo, that thread move was lightning fast. People in GnS can actually have conversations about religion. RnR is just the same half dozen lunatics yammering at each other every day.
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited October 2011
    Options
    White Europeans have left Christianity in large numbers.

Many European countries our heavily Agnostic/Atheist.

Some Europeans are also going back to their pre-Christian religious belief systems.
  • tommy_jules
    tommy_jules Members Posts: 138
    edited October 2011
    Options

Many European countries our heavily Agnostic/Atheist.

Some Europeans are also going back to their pre-Christian religious belief systems.

Interesting... examples?
  • Huruma
    Huruma Members Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    What's interesting is how people rationalize why they should or should not ascribe to a certain religion or identify with a religion for cultural reasons or because it seems appealing as though whether or not those religious beliefs are accurate has nothing to do with it. Someone will say 'we should reject Christianity and adopt Islam or return to traditional African religions for this reason and that reason etc.' as though whether or not Islam/TAR's are actually true isn't an issue. I don't see truth as having any intrinsic value but personally, I can't decide that I think something is true if I genuinely don't believe that it is (either because it makes sense or is supported by empirical evidence).
    '
  • stillmatic_01
    stillmatic_01 Members Posts: 113
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Interesting... examples?

Asatru, Odinism, Celtic Druidry, etc.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This is due to the rise of rationalism there.
    This is due to the fact that some people will never be rational.

Anyway, that has nothing to do with the question of whether or not white people should or shouldn't worship a black Jesus since you people seem to think it's morally wrong for blacks to worship a white Jesus.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    When I was a Christian 11 years ago, I honestly didnt care what color Jesus was. But I think for myself now so I know Christianity is way too irrational for me.......
  • Jesus Jackson
    Jesus Jackson Members Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the t/s is too dumb and idiotic

Basically. This.^^^
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wasn't the Prophet Muhammed very very fair skinned (white)???
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options