Out NOW! Kno (CunninLynguists) & MarQ Spekt (Jersey M.C.) Concept Album MacheteVision

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Yes, it isn't just Oneirology or Chico & The Man that we'll be hearing from Kno this year, he's already released a few singles from his upcoming concept project with Jersey emcee MarQ Spekt. These tracks are attached below, as is a synopsis of the concept, which admittedly sounds very outlandish (to say the least!).

blg_msk_mv.jpg

From the rubble of a post-apocalyptic Hip-Hop landscape littered with bloodied man purses & tattered skinny jeans, two men emerge as the law in a lawless land. Armed only with battle-worn machetes and gritty instrumentals, MarQ Spekt & Kno of CunninLynguists will descend upon The Temple of Auto-Tune on October 25th to lead one final push in eliminating the remaining scourge and returning high-minded filth to its rightful place in the Pantheon of Rap.

Flanked by like-minded mercenaries such as Action Bronson, Deacon The Villain, Meyhem Lauren and more, these guardians of grime will prove once and for all that nobody is safe — especially if they borrow their girlfriend’s pants.

MarQ Spekt & Kno – MacheteVision
Produced by Kno // Artwork by Flux

TRACKLIST:
01. Machete Vision (Intro)
02. Roadhouse ft. Action Bronson
03. Top Back ft. Deacon The Villain
04. All Smiles (Plastic Mask)
05. The Royal Peasants ft. Anna Wise
06. ? Den
07. AquaMarine
08. Crime Seen ft. Kno
09. The Devil
10. Danger ft. Meyhem Lauren, Huey P. Capone, FT & Lex Boogie
11. Wikileaks

---

The only thing that confuses me with this is 'From the temple of Auto-Tune.' I hope this doesn't mean Kno's experimenting :/ But either way, will be great to hear from him!

Here's the first single that was leaked:

2nd leak (much better than the first, IMO):

Thoughts?

*EDIT* Also, sounds like this will be a digital release ONLY at first, followed by a physical release with some extras at a later date!

Comments

• ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Have no idea who the rapper is, but will check based on the strength of Kno's beats.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Have no idea who the rapper is, but will check based on the strength of Kno's beats.

No doubt, did a little research on him and it turns out he's released his first solo back in 2002, entitled 'Ghostmaker'. Followed by Pretty Weapons and Guilty Party. According to the blogs, he holds his own over the production; so I'm hoping that he'll live up to the blessing he's been presented with, not many get to have a full album of Kno's beats.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Haha he isnt gonne experiment with autotune, concept of the album is to fight against that, as well as the man purses, and skinny Jeans
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Haha he isnt gonne experiment with autotune, concept of the album is to fight against that, as well as the man purses, and skinny Jeans

Phew... lol. Can't wait for tomorrow, it's great when an album creeps up on you without your knowledge!!!
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I Have to give this a couple of listens tomorrow.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    I Have to give this a couple of listens tomorrow.

No doubt, I'm waiting!!!
    sboogie wrote: »
    where is this ? ?
    seriously...
    i'm about to not even give a ? anymore...

Really? Lol. I'll wait all day, QN5 have never been late with a release before according to Tonedeff, so it should be here today!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    sboogie wrote: »
    I'm a very impatient consumer...lol...

Lol Not lying, either way, I'll post in the thread once I get it, hope you can do the same if you beat me to it :tu
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    It's available now! $6, available here.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    I have download link!
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    who the hell is marq
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    who the hell is marq

Hes an unknown emcee, it's a real surprise that they've hooked up. He's had three projects released since 2002, none of which I've heard of… but he apparently does well of Kno's beats. So I'm about to give this one a listen!
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I'm not seeing it as a concept album either had a few tracks i'm replying may add one to this months playlist.

How is everyone else feeling it?
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    I'm unsure on it too, are we sure these are Kno's beats? They sound like throwaways!!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    They probably are. This album wasnt announced till a week or so ago. probably just promotion for MarQ
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    They probably are. This album wasnt announced till a week or so ago. probably just promotion for MarQ

Good promotion, but to me, Kno's never really released weak beats, it's a shame.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Yeah i just heard this. I was unhappy with it. some beats actually did SUCK. They have to be throw aways/unfinished beats. theres no way these can be fresh
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Yeah i just heard this. I was unhappy with it. some beats actually did SUCK. They have to be throw aways/unfinished beats. theres no way these can be fresh

Yeah, exactly... OR Kno is cutting back on sampling, which would ruin him as a producer, but I know that people were sending him cease and desist letters with regards to CL's work... can't see it though, they have to be throwaways as you say.... he hasn't spent anywhere near the amount of time he must spend crafting for CL.