Breaking Bad-Vs- The Wire

Options
dirtyrodney
dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
edited October 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I've literally ran through seasons 1-4 of breaking bad and now Im going through withdrawl. In my opinion Breaking bad is still one level below the wire but ? ? DAMN they got some good writers. Opinions??

Comments

• SoutCity
    SoutCity Members Posts: 1,901 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    This ain't even close the wire got this by a mile and a half.....
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i dont know if one is better than the other. they are both great in their own right. and while there have been shows similar to the wire on HBO, there has never been anything like Breaking Bad on cable tv
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    but i still say the wire, because it encompassed so many angles to the city of baltimore and really gave you a complete understanding of why things are how they are.
  • renagade410.
    renagade410. Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    imma have to stop bluffin and check out the wire...i own the boxset but never watched it since im from bmore
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    and i can easily say that Breaking Bad is the best show since the wire.
  • dirtyrodney
    dirtyrodney Members Posts: 556
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

Word, and renagade you should be ashmed of yourself, forget the location the show is the ? my ?
  • CoolJoe
    CoolJoe Members Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

Breaking Bad is not easily better than Mad Men.....
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Visually, Breaking Bad's camerawork and lighting are unfuckingreal. It looks phenomenal in HD.

Flipping from a HD Breaking Bad ep to SD Wire ep can feel like going from PS3 to PS1
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have to say the wire cause every episode was meanigfull and had something behind them. Even in Breaking Bad their are some filler episodes that make so sense. But I love BB and Walter White AKA Eisenberg will go down as one of my alltime fav. characters.
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Not even a contest. At it's best Breaking bad is about as Good as season 5 of the wire. The wire is on a completely different level from every other show.

I love Breaking Bad but as a great as it is it still follows the normal formula for a dramatic show and most of it's plots are way to convenient. The Wire broke the mold.
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Both great shows , the wire is ? tier, Breaking Bad is the best show on television right now though. Well, I don't watch boardwalk empire, so I can't speak on that.
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I need to check this out as well as Mad Men. I see you guys talked about how great both these shows are and I need a new show to watch besdies The Walking Dead.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    if you dont include season four of the wire with the school kids, then yes...but since you have to, no...breaking bad isn't better
    both are classics and dvd status
  • Darius
    edited October 2011
    Options
    and the wire is actually real. from the people, to the cops and politicians, to the crackheads...it may as well say based on a true story.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I have to say something. Season 3 of the wire is the best season. I'll take season 2 over 4 as well. I just think the series was better with Avon and Stringer.
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The Wire covered more issues and overall is better but then again BB is not finished yet...Breaking Bad writers won't disappoint with season 5.
  • lord hade
    lord hade Members Posts: 260
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The Shield >>> Breaking Bad >>> The Wire
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Breaking Bad's final season will ? on Wire's final season.

Write that down.