(OASIS) Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds…The Death of You & Me... Thoughts?

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
highfly.jpg

I've been listening to this release for the past week or so, I always wanted to hear Noel Gallagher on his own album and to me, he didn't disappoint. Two outstanding singles and the rest of the album is solid as well, lyrically Noel's done it. He takes quite a few steps out of his own studio to have the help of a choir and even experiments with a brass band too.

It's a solid album to me, anyone else got it?

Singles:
^^ Favourite track.

Comments

• ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Long time Oasis fan and I really like this album. The album is more subdued than a lot of Oasis`more stadium rock stylings and that approach mixed with the dips into new instrumentation like horn solo on The Death of You and Me give the album that extra kick. Great album, only gave it a few spins so far but it is sure to be one of my favorites of the year and something I play a lot going forward.
  • Food & Liquor
    Food & Liquor Members Posts: 1,126
    edited October 2011
    I've always preferred Noel to Liam and the comparison between this and Beady Eye (or whatever Liam's new band is called) is always going to be made... and for me personally Noel had the better release
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    I've always preferred Noel to Liam and the comparison between this and Beady Eye (or whatever Liam's new band is called) is always going to be made... and for me personally Noel had the better release

As a singer, I actually like Liam more, but Noel was the brain's behind the song writing and it really shows when you compare Beady Eye to High Flying Birds. I like both but I prefer Noel's album over Beady's.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Long time Oasis fan and I really like this album. The album is more subdued than a lot of Oasis`more stadium rock stylings and that approach mixed with the dips into new instrumentation like horn solo on The Death of You and Me give the album that extra kick. Great album, only gave it a few spins so far but it is sure to be one of my favorites of the year and something I play a lot going forward.

Yeah, same here… the two singles, I just keep playing them and playing them. Saw them live twice, but the bottles of ? are too much at an Oasis gig, didn't enjoy the second one although it was just before they split.

Yeah, he did… although I think Beady Eye was nice from what I heard… my mates a bigger fan of them than me, he played them all the time at Uni so couldn't help but become a bigger fan but Noel was always better, his live concerts with only his guitar were epic.
    As a singer, I actually like Liam more, but Noel was the brain's behind the song writing and it really shows when you compare Beady Eye to High Flying Birds. I like both but I prefer Noel's album over Beady's.

Fair comment, think I like both about the same… Cast No Shadow was always my favourite Oasis track, but it was hard to decipher between all their great songs.