Talib Kweli is coming to Anchorage!

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Essence
Anyone seen him live before? i saw mos Def last week and it was pretty good. Talib comes up on the 3rd of november im freaking stoked. didnt announce the openers or who else was supposed to be there but i know hes performing with a live band instead of a DJ. ? excited man. Lemme know how the show was if you seen him.

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Saw Kweli live with Mos Def this year, great show. Kweli isn't as good live as Mos Def, but what you realise when seeing both alongside each other is that Kweli has the better catalog. That said, it makes for a great concert, I've also seen Kweli when he supported the College Dropout tour - was more hyped for him than Kanye lol.

I still need to make a thread about that concert, I got a lot of videos and pictures.. here's one:

photo-1-3.jpg
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hahaha Mos Def looks exactly like he did when he came up here! same mic and everything!
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Hahaha Mos Def looks exactly like he did when he came up here! same mic and everything!

LOL I wasn't sure what to make of the Mic's, although it was cool.

Don't know about back pack rap, looks more like business rap to me…
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Saw Kweli live with Mos Def this year, great show. Kweli isn't as good live as Mos Def, but what you realise when seeing both alongside each other is that Kweli has the better catalog. That said, it makes for a great concert, I've also seen Kweli when he supported the College Dropout tour - was more hyped for him than Kanye lol.

I still need to make a thread about that concert, I got a lot of videos and pictures.. here's one:

No! Kweli must be one of your favorite artists. Mos Def over Kweli's awkward flow any day.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    No! Kweli must be one of your favorite artists. Mos Def over Kweli's awkward flow any day.

I'm with you in terms of an emcee, he's on another level, in most aspects of being an emcee… but at a concert, as much as Mos completely killed Kweli's stage presence, I was more hyped for Kweli's catalog than I was Mos'. Kweli just has a bigger catalog to choose from and he's really got a much more solid catalog when you consider that Black Star, RE's: Train of Thought, Quality are all classed as solid 4/5 albums… his other albums aren't far behind either… Mos Def's BOBS and Black Star are his best works, but I definitely think Kweli released more in the past years and has a nod on him over Mos…
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Anyone seen him live before? i saw mos Def last week and it was pretty good. Talib comes up on the 3rd of november im freaking stoked. didnt announce the openers or who else was supposed to be there but i know hes performing with a live band instead of a DJ. ? excited man. Lemme know how the show was if you seen him.

Ah ? i'm in Sitka right now. I might have to take a lil trip up there and check my dude out. Any normal sized ? out there man. LOL
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Also where can you get the tickets from?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bears Tooth. and theres normal sized ones. no clean ones tho. sad sad place.
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bears Tooth. and theres normal sized ones. no clean ones tho. sad sad place.

Well damn!!! LAMO!!! Sitka actually got some decent looking chicks here.
  • Monikad
    Monikad Members Posts: 4
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I am watching his videos for the first time... So far so good... I really liked the way he sings...!!!
    rain chains
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah they do. My buddies grandma used to own a restaraunt up there called the channel club. they sold it a couple years ago. ? used to be bomb. I havent been in that area for a few years
  • The 3mcee
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yeah they do. My buddies grandma used to own a restaraunt up there called the channel club. they sold it a couple years ago. ? used to be bomb. I havent been in that area for a few years

I live up the road from there man. LMAO. small damn world. Well Sitka is very small though. LOL