anybody else think "fear itself" was wack as fukk???

Options
Kang_Solomon_Grundy
Kang_Solomon_Grundy Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in Quite Comical
storyline was pure ass - too many tie-in books that didn't really tie in....... nothing significant happened with the "chosen" and the hammers: they basically whooped everybody's ? . thor defeated the serpent dude AS PROPHESIED and died - the end. [miz_voice]really? really? really. really???[/miz_voice] unless I missed something, this story-arc served no real purpose other than to ? off a beloved character. maybe the after-math will generate some worth-while events, but this ? right here?

Comments

• jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it's a shame since it started off with potential but the ending was pathetic. Fraction just called that ? in. There was no point to bringing in the Mighty. What Thor did, Odin could've done in the first book. I doubt Thor is dead though..if he is, he'll be back in a few months since he's on the cover for future Avengers storylines and that movie is coming up, but yeah FI was hot garbage...they didn't even explain which one of Odin's brothers the serpent was..they basically retconned the old story of his older brothers giving him their power, creating the Odinpower..now you have another serpent, that has the same name as the midgard serpent, who is actually loki's son..it's nuts..
  • BelovedAfeni
    BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    it was a HOT mess
    the artwork was bananas though
    i loved the juggernaut thing and hulk look
    marvel should have kept that for a few years
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    That 7 was not the greatest for sure I did like cap wielding thors hammer though that was cool
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    IDK wtf this is, I saw Hulk vs Dracula issue and a Uncanny X Force issue (wanted to cop it since UXF is my fav comic out)
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yep. wack as ? .

flashpoint>>> FI

DC right now >>> marvel
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    yep. wack as ? .

flashpoint>>> FI

DC right now >>> marvel
    I concur - I been vibin' to them new 52 ? ; marvel ? ' up right now.......
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    IDK wtf this is, I saw Hulk vs Dracula issue and a Uncanny X Force issue (wanted to cop it since UXF is my fav comic out)

Man, I don't know what was up w/the dracula ? . Clearly the worst series/storyline to date.
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    That 7 was not the greatest for sure I did like cap wielding thors hammer though that was cool

I agree - that part was pretty cool - too bad it took so long for something cool to happen though........
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    skinny superman stomping the witch in flashpoint >>>> anything in fear itself

the best marvel books right now had nothing to do with FI. check out the new daredevil and the xmen books.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    best marvel book right now is Uncanny X Force by far
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I agree - that part was pretty cool - too bad it took so long for something cool to happen though........

No doubt took way too long smh
  • Kang_Solomon_Grundy
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man - I just read the backstory to fear itself, with young odin, serpent (cull) and the brothers. they basically just re-hashed the storyline to a lazily written flashback. then they had the nerve to show the original 7 hammer weilders - who coincidentally looked just like their modern-day counterparts. these ? have really insulted the readers' intelligence.....smh

now, you mean they expect us to believe these ? looked just like the thing, juggernaut, absorbing man, etc waaaay back before midgard(earth) even existed? FOH, mayne!!!!

j5axbp.jpg

30i7u3s.jpg
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man - I just read the backstory to fear itself, with young odin, serpent (cull) and the brothers. they basically just re-hashed the storyline to a lazily written flashback. then they had the nerve to show the original 7 hammer weilders - who coincidentally looked just like their modern-day counterparts. these ? have really insulted the readers' intelligence.....smh

now, you mean they expect us to believe these ? looked just like the thing, juggernaut, absorbing man, etc waaaay back before midgard(earth) even existed? FOH, mayne!!!!

i havent read the back story, but you cant be serious with this ? . those ? looked the same??????????????? these marvel events are getting dumb as ? . i personally didnt like fear itself cuz once again its giving us a ? off Cap at the end. i swear these writers always gotta throw the AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ? in there.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i gave up on anything "Fear itself" related , only ones i copped were the Uncanny X-Force "Fear itself" issues ......they were WAY too confusing and way too many pointless tie ins like you said...