What would you do if you signed for 3million big ones ????????

Options
antarticp
antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2011 in The Reason
---> Me ...

first i'll get my team lined up ... lawyer, brokerage firm & accountant on deck ... im savvy enuff to handle my own management however i will eventually be seeking real industry management ... ie Violator Management / chris lighty ......

second id put 2million of that money in an interest earning account

3rd id re-invest 100k into the stock market ... buy 20k in apple stock right from the jump ... and just link with my brokerage firm to build a versatile portfolio to invest the remaining 80k

4th id invest 400k in realstate ... all rental properties ... and id give that oppurtunity to run this bizness to someone i know who is ambitious enuff to run it and build it and make himself and myself some nice residual income ;)

5th - id buy my own modest home in atl for no more than 100k and invest in an serious home studio ...

i should have a good 300k left over ... id give mom dukes 100k to cop a crib .... and with my remaining 200k ... it would be used to help me turn that 3million i just got from the deal hopefully into 6million @ the minimum ... i'll be in my crib and on my grind until i can make that happen !! hey i made the first 3mill from a dollar and a dream imagin what i can do with 200k in my pocket and 2mill in the bank lol ;) ... IJS ;)

my goal would be to not touch that 2million and to let my investments keep flippin ... ... if i run into problems i got an nest egg if needed and mostly everything is paid for so i can sell it and get $$ off it if need be ... but like i said my goal would be to maintain what i have ... and with my new founded company and new relationships i plan to flip this into another multi-million dollar deal .... wether it be via music, movies, marketing, merchandising or what ever i can create to make the oppurtunity happen again ....

if i can make this flip ... depending on my next level of success ... 1st MAKE SURE ALL MY TAXES ARE PAID lol ... id buy an actual commerical property to expand my studio to ... upgrade my moms crib if she wants it.... def will rent out my old crib and get a new one but def nothing too crazy probably wont spend no more than 300k on it .... and just get back to work and keeping it moving !!

;)

Comments

• shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    just cause you got a three million dollar deal doesn't mean you get 3 mill in your pocket. most of it goes toward studio time, producers, video shoots, promotion, etc. and you have to pay it all back once your album drops.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    just cause you got a three million dollar deal doesn't mean you get 3 mill in your pocket. most of it goes toward studio time, producers, video shoots, promotion, etc. and you have to pay it all back once your album drops.

what ??? i got all of that covered ? ??? 1st i dont have to spend the full 3mill ... if im not smart id spend it without knowing so but thats not me ;) .... me being the type of artist that is smarter than the average artist off the streets ... id be sure to sign a deal where im in control of my budget ;) ... get you lawyer to be sure ya paper work is right and how you want it or @least agree to the terms ... and if you also notice thats the reason why one of the first things i invested in was a crib with a studio ... so i wont burn as much money recording in a facility i have to pay to record in .... learned that from styles p dude said they thought ? was part of the being down with bad boy when they used to record in them mansions down in MIA lol nah IT COST TO BE THE BOSS ;)

oh and also peep the quoted below ... before even signing the deal my plan is to flip that 3mill into 6mill ... pay off my debt and rock out with 2mill in the bank and a new 3mill to play with to flip and bounce once again ;)
    and with my remaining 200k ... it would be used to help me turn that 3million i just got from the deal hopefully into 6million @ the minimum ...
    hey i made the first 3mill from a dollar and a dream imagin what i can do with 200k in my pocket and 2mill in the bank lol ... IJS
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Change all my numbers
    Move
    Hire an accountant
    Buy something that will appreciate in value
    Throw something to my peoples in Philly
    Start saying it aint tricking if you got it
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    that wouldn't be a smart plan ant. interest rates low as ? you might as well go and blow that 2million b/c it won't be earning much of ? in the bank these days. and invest in oil companies ? apple.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOL at dude thinking labels actually give these artist that money directly in one lump sum.

First of all, that money is for a certain amount of albums and each album you get an advance. That money goes towards videos, producers, studio time, marketing and promo and YOU MUST RECOUP IT through sales and touring.
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Blow it on blow
  • cubaroid
    cubaroid Members Posts: 483
    edited October 2011
    Options
    you dont get 3mill on your account like that ...
  • shtoopid
    shtoopid Members Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    the record industry is failing. you really think any label is just gonna give you 3 mill to spend on anything you want? thats not how it works. record deals are an investment, not a donation.
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Hire a lawyer n money team
    Buy 20 pounds of weed
    Invest in local super producers
    Book shows
    Make a few worldstarhiphop videos
    Buy a few features (2Chainz, Kreayshawn, Wiz Khalifa, Tinie Tempah, & Curren$y)
    Buy mom n siblings a car
    Invest in Gold
    Stack so I can pay the label back or incase my investments flop
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Buy a few apartment complexes so i can make dough when another housing bubble happens
    Then wait for me to flop.
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    1. hit the mall
    2. hit the club lysol fresh
    3. ? mila kunis
    4. buy a monte carlo ss
    5. get a personal stock broker and invest 750 thou to a millie
    5. flip a few houses/condos
  • stealthbomber
    stealthbomber Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    oh and start a greenhouse in my backyard, of course
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    LOck myself in the studio and earn that 3 million
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ? really think if you sign a 3 million dollar deal that they just cut you a check for 3 mil?!?
  • G.R.I.P. Money $$$
    G.R.I.P. Money $$$ Members Posts: 18,939 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    well by the time i get to that point, my music team will hopefully already be set(video's, pics, already make my own beats and record my self) so just invest in a legal team, a management team, and find a way to flip that ? to something more..prolly get a more professional studio setting, but still in my own house tho
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    "? Got Change, And She Changed
    Now She Don't ? With The Hood, Probably Give A ? Brains" - Styles P

? that. Anybody who stays in the hood after caking up is asking for bad ? to happen to em.