Why couldn't Interscope market/promote Wale??

Options
2»

Comments

• H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Because MMG is the greatest, most bestest record label in the whole wide world, and Interscope is the new HipHop graveyard.

lol @ the premise of your threads being so predictable smh.. no need for a retort, just callin a ? a ? .

You love the attention. LOL.

Don't add-on about Wale as an artist or why more artists like should JayZ should be involved with other artists careers, just enter the thread and ask for my attention. I would be inclined to give equal props to Roc Nation but a simple ? might not see that.

You were a much better poster when you were Synthesis but this new alias of yours is just desperate.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Atlantic Records is the worst label for hip hop. Look at what they've released recently:

Adventures of Bobby Ray (pop-rap)
    Rolling Papers (pop-? )
    Lasers (just bad)
  • StillDreaming
    StillDreaming Members Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    Let me tell you one reason why I say that:

They used to call 50-Cent: Curtis "Interscope" Jackson....he sold them over 20 million albums and made them hundreds of millions as the poster-boy of their buffoon-department, he did everything they asked him to do even a ? -? magazine cover with his lable-mate Soulja Boy.

When poor 50-Cent got down on his ashy knee's and begged his Boss Emenim and his other Boss Jimmy Iovine to help him promote his album they poured Starbucks coffee on his head and laughed...they told him "ni99er get out of this office".

50-Cent ran out the building in tears and tweeted about how they mistreated him and threatened to leak a Dr Dre song but a day after Jimmy and Mosaad payed him a visit he apologized on Twitter and poured his pain into energy-drinks, twitter-rants, and hair-gel.

Long Live Roc Nation were an artist can be a free man.

Lmao u cold man.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The question is more like why WOULDNT they ...
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    The question is more like why WOULDNT they ...

They tried but they failed miserably because they don't have a clue on how to market normal people that dont fit their mold.

Like the Brutha said about Atlantic records, look at those three albums and tell me who them ? is being marketed to.

Interscope & Atlantic don't care about the music they just want maximum return on their investment.

Say what you want about JayZ but he did right by J.Cole and I respect that....
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Bigavelli wrote: »
    You think he can sell Gold or Platinum and make Singles that reach the top 10?

I can't see that ever happening he just not good enough to blow up like that

Eminem was white. Not talented, WHITE. And lame
  • BeardedFreak
    BeardedFreak Members Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Wale is BORING

Regardless of label, "marketing" is made easier by artists who actually have marketable personalities.

You don't sell records, you sell your personality.

SMH at ? still thinking this music ? is all about whether or not they can rap or have talent
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    lol @ that.. im Synthesis?... yet Jay my fav rapper, and i was in the thread ? up JG VI, which then led Synthesis to believe he could do the same, which in turn got him exposed for being a fraud.. ok buddy lol

No need for a back forth, i was just stating facts.. just like the other thread "best rapper on the EC under 30".. you was pullin for Meek, no? lol

Your a MMG rider and its evident so just chill lil ? , its ok to have a fav rapper/label/group etc.. smh

So what, I can't tell you aliases apart, I just know you seem to pay more attention to individual posters than you do actual HipHop topics...nothing wrong with a crush or having a favorite person/poster/blogger...kinda weird but it fits you.

I don't know who the "Best rapper on the EC under 30" is and I never asked that in a thread, but if I asked who the biggest was I could get Jamacia to admit Nicki Minaj.

You follow me which is cute, but you lack the intelligence to decipher some of our discussions so you come off like an admiring child eavesdropping on adult conversations.

johnnie ? wrote: »
    Wale is BORING

Regardless of label, "marketing" is made easier by artists who actually have marketable personalities.

You don't sell records, you sell your personality.

SMH at ? still thinking this music ? is all about whether or not they can rap or have talent

SMH @ Crackaz thinking thinking Nas has 9 Gold and Platinum records based on his personality.

...I guess J.Cole moves units based on his flamboyant image.
  • P. Town
    P. Town Members Posts: 27,306 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    White millionaire rapper from Detroit >>>>>>>>> Black (claims to be) broke poster from Kentucky

photo_lg_kentucky.jpg

^^^^^^ one of em yours, Ptown?

You dressed like ? Wee Herman though
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There's no way you could promote a Sheryl Swoops looking ass ? and have success....
    Wal-E is one of the biggest sissies in rap...the machine will be making the impossible, possible if they could create some type of buzz for this DC, eating out the garbage can ass clown...he should've stayed with Roc-Nation...if a herb like J Cole could move units, Wal-E might've had a chance...
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ptowndonte wrote: »
    You dressed like ? Wee Herman though

This lame always wanna type your name and E-chat some off-topic ish to satisfy his loneliness.

He got the Step N Fetchit suit and erythang.

"please pay attention to me H-rap, okay H-rap, can you see how hard I'm trying to get your attention H-rap...hello H-rap are you there H-rap"??

CountyChairman.jpg

lOLOL! @ Yamoley saying Sheryl Swoops, ROFL @ using Wale sports metaphors against him.
  • FoolTime
    FoolTime Members Posts: 1,311 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Another Wale thread from H-Omo 180...I know ur jaw gotta hurt from toppin off MMG everyday smh
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    FoolTime wrote: »
    Another Wale thread from H-Omo 180...I know ur jaw gotta hurt from toppin off MMG everyday smh
    lol when that starts to happen he just gives em lap dances.... no surcharge.

Do you visualize what you say before you type it ? ??

I'm the highlight of your life.
  • H-Rap 180
    edited October 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^when the weirdos go super-? it's time to just ignore them.

I was tellin' my fam how it's 5,000+ threads on the Illcommunity but the freaks always pick yours and on some pyscho-stalker pay-me-some-attention-please....

I gotta stop falling for that
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This is what I shared with you last year; we need to take control of the culture and it's direction, we need to wrest control from these major labels that seem to only care about hit singles and cross-marketing their artists with other artists on their labels.

Did Interscope think that a Go-Go influenced rapper from D.C. belongs on a lead single with Lady GaGa when his base is Black females?!

Did Interscope think a Europeon like Mark Ronson could executive produce a project from a Afrikan like Wale??

...last go 'round they had Wale skipping around Europe with Ronson doing promo!

now they got Wale on the HBCU circuit doing promo with the people.

A project like this is a perfect example of what's wrong and what's right with the industry .

Roc-Nation management>>>>>>Interscope plantation.

I don't care if Wale denies it, I truly believe Interscope let him go after his debut only sold 28K first week....

If they didn't let him go I'm sure JayZ worked some magic with the paperwork and got his freedom papers.

I agree.

They lucked-up with Dr Dre early in the game and basically been riding that wave every since...50-Cent, Game & Soulja-Boy are their most prized negros.

If you give them an unconventional artist like Wale who represents the average Black man on a college campus they seem like they drop the ball.

^ Preach,.,.,.thatz y wale was out herr n da 757 va last wk wit pusha t @ a HBCU norfolk state homecomin reppin MMG
    Let me tell you one reason why I say that:

They used to call 50-Cent: Curtis "Interscope" Jackson....he sold them over 20 million albums and made them hundreds of millions as the poster-boy of their buffoon-department, he did everything they asked him to do even a ? -? magazine cover with his lable-mate Soulja Boy.

When poor 50-Cent got down on his ashy knee's and begged his Boss Emenim and his other Boss Jimmy Iovine to help him promote his album they poured Starbucks coffee on his head and laughed...they told him "ni99er get out of this office".

50-Cent ran out the building in tears and tweeted about how they mistreated him and threatened to leak a Dr Dre song but a day after Jimmy and Mosaad payed him a visit he apologized on Twitter and poured his pain into energy-drinks, twitter-rants, and hair-gel.

Long Live Roc Nation were an artist can be a free man.

flatline_______________________
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ^^^^^when the weirdos go super-? it's time to just ignore them.

I was tellin' my fam how it's 5,000+ threads on the Illcommunity but the freaks always pick yours and on some pyscho-stalker pay-me-some-attention-please....

I gotta stop falling for that

good video i went to college with all them ? sitting beside wale except j cole i used to be ? the ? with the bald head and hoodie girl