Urban Active <<<<<<<<<<< LA Fitness

s_a_m_r_i_o
s_a_m_r_i_o Members Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Weight Room
I checked out both of these gyms during the week and I choose LA Fitness because it's a big wide floor so you don't fill crammed up, upper level has the treadmills and bikes and they have a free weights and machine weights.
Urban Active, you too close to motherfuckas working out and the staff was too pushy to get me to join but I didn't give it. The only good thing was the cardio theatre when you watch a movie on the big screen while riding something. Other than that, just too congested plus they don't have punching bags.

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I checked out both of these gyms during the week and I choose LA Fitness because it's a big wide floor so you don't fill crammed up, upper level has the treadmills and bikes and they have a free weights and machine weights.
    Urban Active, you too close to motherfuckas working out and the staff was too pushy to get me to join but I didn't give it. The only good thing was the cardio theatre when you watch a movie on the big screen while riding something. Other than that, just too congested plus they don't have punching bags.

what are your goals and type of enviorment you are looking for, are you a more health fitness guy or a weightlifting pushing weights trying to get back guy
  • Triple B's
    Triple B's Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I work at the LA Fitness on La Cienega. if u in the area come thru
  • CaliGuerillaBlazin
    CaliGuerillaBlazin Members Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    I've checked out Golds Gym and 24 hour fitness. They aight.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    planet fitness is ite with me
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited October 2011
    If you are going to work out at a large gym and pay the monthly fee plus a sign up fee and be stuck in a contract, it is good to find the one right for you.
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    All we got is Urban Active here :(

Good thing about it tho is I pay 24 a month and I can go to any of 'em in the city (on the low at least since your supposed to be paying 29 for the all city pass).