What 5 Artist Should Be Inducted into The 2012 Rock n Roll Hall of Fame?

Options
kuskklassic
kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
what artist do u think they should induct next year?

Notable Eligible Artist

Barry White
KISS
Janet Jackson
Iron Maiden
The Spinners
Duran Duran
Rufus and Chaka Khan
Mary Wells
Gunz and Roses
Whitney Houston
The Marvellets
Chicago
Beastie Boys
Def Leopard
Chic
The Cure
LL Cool J
Donna Summer
Joe Tex
Hall and Oates
Red Hot Chilli Peppers

My 2012 Prediction....

1. KISS
2. The Spinners
3. Janet Jackson
4. Gunz and Roses
5. Chicago

Comments

• kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mary wells the spinners barry white chicago rufus
  • OH-2-VA
    OH-2-VA Members Posts: 50
    edited September 2011
    Options
    i totally understand your notable eligible list, but since the rock & roll hall of fame is in cleveland...why isn't bone thugs n harmony not inducted yet...i mean come on, they have home court advantage(u know wat i mean) they sold over well over 30 million records, tha crossroads won them a grammy & check this out.....im not sayin this is true because this came form wikipedia & jus because its from wikipedia doesn't make it factual.............

According to LA based recording engineer Dave 'rainman' Banta the album is nearing up to 20 Million Sales (2x Diamond) Making it one of the highest selling Rap/Hip-Hop Albums of all time. The information was passed onto him by both Group member Layzie Bone and also the Co founder and CEO of Ruthless Records Jerry Heller. One of the group's more commercially successful albums, and is considered one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time and biggest selling.
  • mldardy
    mldardy Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    OH-2-VA wrote: »
    i totally understand your notable eligible list, but since the rock & roll hall of fame is in cleveland...why isn't bone thugs n harmony not inducted yet...i mean come on, they have home court advantage(u know wat i mean) they sold over well over 30 million records, tha crossroads won them a grammy & check this out.....im not sayin this is true because this came form wikipedia & jus because its from wikipedia doesn't make it factual.............

According to LA based recording engineer Dave 'rainman' Banta the album is nearing up to 20 Million Sales (2x Diamond) Making it one of the highest selling Rap/Hip-Hop Albums of all time. The information was passed onto him by both Group member Layzie Bone and also the Co founder and CEO of Ruthless Records Jerry Heller. One of the group's more commercially successful albums, and is considered one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time and biggest selling.

Bone Thugs isn't eligible yet. Nominees are eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. Bone Thugs has about 7 more years before they can become eligible.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited September 2011
    Options
    mldardy wrote: »
    Bone Thugs isn't eligible yet. Nominees are eligible for induction 25 years after the release of their first record. .

TRUE!! and i gurantee its going to be a Longggggggggggg time before a group like Bone gets consideration!!

the only rap group in the hall if Grand master Flash and The Furious Five!!

the other old school pioneers like RUN DMC will get the nod first and they deserve it..

in saying that i expect the following to get in

1. KISS (they are so influential to there genre is embarrasing that they are not already in)
    2. RUFUS AND CHAKA KHAN (Just play SWEET THING and everyone knows every word. they deserve it)
    3. DONNA SUMMER (dubbed Queen of Disco but her music is too powerful to put a label on it.)
    4. HALL AND OATES (blue eyed soul classics. they are a cant miss)
    5. MARY WELLS (Motowns first star BEFORE the supremes, the Temptations. deserves the nod)

I think 90% of the people on the eligible list will eventually get in. they were all good for there particular genres!! i dont see any WTF they doing on the list acts here.
  • OH-2-VA
    OH-2-VA Members Posts: 50
    edited September 2011
    Options
  • DarkGable
    DarkGable Members Posts: 477
    edited September 2011
    Options
    My picks........

Barry White
    KISS
    Whitney Houston
    Chicago
    Hall and Oates

I thought Eric B and Rakim got nominated too.
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Eric B and Rakim are also eligible this year
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    TRUE!! and i gurantee its going to be a Longggggggggggg time before a group like Bone gets consideration!!

the only rap group in the hall if Grand master Flash and The Furious Five!!

the other old school pioneers like RUN DMC will get the nod first and they deserve it..

in saying that i expect the following to get in

1. KISS (they are so influential to there genre is embarrasing that they are not already in)
    2. RUFUS AND CHAKA KHAN (Just play SWEET THING and everyone knows every word. they deserve it)
    3. DONNA SUMMER (dubbed Queen of Disco but her music is too powerful to put a label on it.)
    4. HALL AND OATES (blue eyed soul classics. they are a cant miss)
    5. MARY WELLS (Motowns first star BEFORE the supremes, the Temptations. deserves the nod)

I think 90% of the people on the eligible list will eventually get in. they were all good for there particular genres!! i dont see any WTF they doing on the list acts here.

RUN DMC got in 2010................
  • Pun1sher
    Pun1sher Members Posts: 424
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Janet has been eligible for a while now. I think it's her time.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Barry White
    Janet Jackson
    Chicago
    Hall & Oates
    Gunz & Roses
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    red hot chili peppers the GOAT
  • senior
    senior Members Posts: 13
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Whitney Houston

Janet Jackson

The Spinners

Rufus and Chaka Khan

Donna Summer/LL Cool J
  • elpadrino
    elpadrino Members Posts: 2
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Guns N ' Roses the best of all-time.
  • not this again!
    not this again! Members Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    KISS (It's absolutely ridiculous that a group of their stature and influence isn't in there.)
    Barry White
    Hall & Oates
    Chicago ( Another embarrassing oversight. If you listen to the body of work they put out in the 70s, you'll know why.)
    Donna Summer
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i honestly don't even know who's in it & who's not. the people that aren't will eventually get put there in time.