Which basketball skill is hardest to acquire?

12346»

Comments

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Let me break it down for you.. one your an idiot i was making a hyberbolic statement

Playmaking is more than passing the ball.

Anticipation
    decision making
    courtvision
    court Generalship
    pace
    confidence
    willingness all factor in to being a great playmaker most of this is instincts.. you can coach instincts

I agree with everything...but it also takes skill among those things you posted....just because playmaking is more than passing a ball doesnt make it any less of a skill that can be learned....fact is the dictionary has definitions of skill that are widely accepted.....you and the few dumb ? on this site acting like it has no merit is whats funny....ill take the word of some unknown random scholar who wrote the definition over anybody on this site if we bein real about it....the definitions clearly state mental qualities as part of the definition....so you tell me what it is about a playmaker that makes such a bad example of someone who uses their" mental qualities required to do something or get something done"??
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    i actually kinda see where you coming from but its still not a skill as much as its putting a combination of skills together
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    rap doctor wrote: »
    i actually kinda see where you coming from but its still not a skill as much as its putting a combination of skills together

and that pretty much what i said. even earlier in the thread
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    south4life wrote: »
    playmaking is a mental thing as well as physical.
    Like my dad says, being a playmaking is similar to using math and common sense.

also postgame has become less important in basketball, everybody wants to play And 1 streetball instead of learning the fundamentals.
    there is nothing wrong with flare in yout game, just dont make it a necessary aspect in your game.
    even though i don't like tim duncan, i can respect his game because his postgame is fundamentally sound.
    Kids need to be trained on every aspect of Basketball, not just showboating.
    When my son gets older, me and him will be in the backyard going through the drills.
    Michael Jordan's dad did that with him, his brothers did that with him and look where it got him.
    Yes we look at the amazing dunks and plays that he did but, did u noticed how he added on to his game every year.
    Look at when he got in his 30's, he started using the fadeaway, he adapted his game to his age.

Perfect example of skill "post game", a lot of cats hate his game because it's not flashy, it gets the job done. Cats get in the post and ? up everytime now, don't know how to work down there. They all about flash and that non existant jumper they have. Basically cats don't work on they whole game nowadays smh.