Options
2»

Comments

• RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    RA has the greatest ever verse in hip hop.......

Lol @ this statement not even being OTT. That said, he definitely got out on the wrong side of the bed that day, I've never heard him sound as close since…
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited October 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    But then look at that time and look at now.

I heard from people Will had people write for him, but its rumors. Rhymefest got shine for being Kanye's writer!

It isn't rumors people wrote for Will after he got into acting. Read the credits of the albums ? . I'm sure Rhymefest did help Kanye a lot of The College Dropout. Even Kanye said he helped on a lot of songs.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Kanye is definitely hip-hop, and he raps way better than RA ever will.

Lol at Kanye being a better rapper than anyone. Better song making skills yes but lyrical ability no.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    kanye hasn't put out a purely hip hop album since graduation

people just need to face it, kanye is now a pop artist with hip hop influence......there is nothing wrong that though, he's still a great artist.......
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    It isn't rumors people wrote for Will after he got into acting. Read the credits of the albums ? . I'm sure Rhymefest did help Kanye a lot of The College Dropout. Even Kanye said he helped on a lot of songs.

Ok I will, because I've heard Nas and Rakim were within the likes of people who wrote for him!
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol ? rude jude on shade45 >>>>>>RA
  • kidman123
    kidman123 Members Posts: 47
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? R.A. is the ? .

Can't believe this dude is arguing with him. ? .
  • kidman123
    kidman123 Members Posts: 47
    edited November 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    RA has the greatest ever verse in hip hop.......

I literally JUST said this to my friend then saw you said it. uncommon valor is the best verse I've ever heard, by far. From a technical perspective and every other perspective as well.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    R.A. got a point, Hammer was wack no doubt. And nowadays the line is blurred more than ever between hip-hop and pop, and yeah Kanye is hella pop now, he does still come from a mainly hip-hop background but I never really took him serious as an emcee, makes dope music at times and his production skills are top notch, but not that great of an emcee.

The times have changed for sure, back in the day we would have called 90% of the pop rappers today out on that ? nowadays the game is long on money and short on pride for not making wack music.

And while we are talking about it, I remember reading that "Uncommon Valor" was about his pops, it might have been another family member but I am pretty sure it's about his pops.
  • traestar
    edited November 2011
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    R.A. got a point, Hammer was wack no doubt. And nowadays the line is blurred more than ever between hip-hop and pop, and yeah Kanye is hella pop now, he does still come from a mainly hip-hop background but I never really took him serious as an emcee, makes dope music at times and his production skills are top notch, but not that great of an emcee.

The times have changed for sure, back in the day we would have called 90% of the pop rappers today out on that ? nowadays the game is long on money and short on pride for not making wack music.

And while we are talking about it, I remember reading that "Uncommon Valor" was about his pops, it might have been another family member but I am pretty sure it's about his pops.

Real ? !!!

And yes Uncommon Valor was about his father, he talked about it in an interview, actually go back a few pages and look for the R.A. The Rugged Man thread, its in there....

Actually it might be on here..
  • traestar
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Word, good looking out. I remember this video with his pops.
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

Thats some messed up ? .