Which indie releases are you looking forward to this year?

Options
newyorkken
newyorkken Members Posts: 7
edited November 2011 in The Essence
So many great indie releases still haven't come out this year...whose album are yall looking forward to hearing? Let me know.

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Most the albums i was anticipating came out on the 27th of last month. i guess now all im really looking forward to is

Chico and The Man!

also the new mobb deep.
  • newyorkken
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yea that mobb deep album might be something to look out for now that P is home... Personally I'm looking out for this Action Bronson 'Well Done". I'm a true fan & I just think homie is dope.

I was on DX yesterday & seen Curren$y's boys Trademark Da Skydiver & Young Roddy gonna drop a Jet Life project too on Nov. 29. I'm interested in what they bout to come wit. I mess wit that 'Still' joint they got.

Jets @ ya neck....lets go

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.17183/title.curreny-associates-trademark-da-skydiver-young-roddy-to-release-jet-life-on-november-29th

Keep it coming wit who yall like..
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I gotta co-sign the Tonedeff project with Kno is at the top of my list, but the Roots is up there alongside it.

Looking forward to quite a lot though still, Kidz in the Hall are dropping too.
  • skeep
    skeep Members Posts: 298
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Looking forward to Tone Def for sure. Love the new Murs album as well as the new J-Live and Evidence. I'm also looking forward and have pre-ordered the new Illus album, Family First with Apathy, Ill Bill, Blueprint....also really looking forward to the Kolexion by Freddie Foxxx and DJ Premier. There's also a new BDP album with KRS and Kenny Parker on all of the beats. Can't wait for that one.
    2011 has been a great year for HipHop.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Family first is that a group album with Apathy ill bill and Blueprint? sounds dope.

Didnt know Bumpy Knuckles and Premo had an album coming. or a new BDP props for the info.

Also i forgot roots were coming out this year too. I want that album more than chico and the man tbh.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    right my got that People Under the Stairs and Torae on the rader

would add that Bumpy and Premo but would not hold my breath for that knowing Premo's full album release history

(see NYG'z album)
  • skeep
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lou- yeah, it's an Illus album but from what I understand it is produced by the emcees who are featured on it. I pre-ordered it on Kickstarter. Same way I got his last album, For Adam which was dope. http://kck.st/pFSO66

I heard some of the Foxxx/Premier album on his internet radio show. Sounds amazing. If you love that aggressive boom bap, which I do.

Looking forward to the Roots. There is also this crew out of Chicago called the BeatMonstas who are dope and they are dropping a new one soon.

I also hears there is a Demigodz album on the way.

The BDP album can be seen here http://682records.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=28&Itemid=451 Love the cover.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Skeep do you know who will be included on Demigodz album? ive been waiting for an album from them for YEARS. I know there is Celph Titled, Apathy, and Ryu. not sure who else is in the godz. do you know if louis logic will be on it??
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I'm on my second week of my new job and things are starting to look up...I HAVE ALOT to catch up on!!
  • traestar
    edited October 2011
    Options
    a.mann wrote: »
    right my got that People Under the Stairs and Torae on the rader

would add that Bumpy and Premo but would not hold my breath for that knowing Premo's full album release history

(see NYG'z album)

Panchi and Preme have been heavily praising that NYG'z project
  • skeep
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Louis Logic hasn't been in the group for several years now. From what I heard, I know Apathy, Esoteric, Celph and Blacastan for sure. There will probably be others though. I'm really looking forward to hearing what they come up with.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    I'm on my second week of my new job and things are starting to look up...I HAVE ALOT to catch up on!!

Congrats on the new job; hopefully you can get a moment to listen, I feel like this all the time lol
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Chico & The Man could be a classic if they are both on their A games. The two go together well, hopefully they can pull it off.
  • traestar
    edited October 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Congrats on the new job; hopefully you can get a moment to listen, I feel like this all the time lol

Yea man thanks its going well, but I will definitely catch up with the albums and games!!
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Panchi and Preme have been heavily praising that NYG'z project

I'll be praising the release of it
  • salamerican1
    salamerican1 Members Posts: 714 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There are alot of artists y'all have listed that i don't know of

The thing is with me and the underground there has to be a certain appeal about the dude. He can't just be some rapping ass dude

I've heard of apathy, celph titled, bdp, mobb deep, but as for the rest what's the thing that makes them stand out?
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Mobb Deep is indy?If so then yeah..def getting Black ? ...I wanted Cormega Raw Forever to be new music but the dude refuses to pump out music consitantly..pass on some greatest hits B.S.

Action Bronson sounds dope..Gotta see what Duck Down is dropping this year..
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    There are alot of artists y'all have listed that i don't know of

The thing is with me and the underground there has to be a certain appeal about the dude. He can't just be some rapping ass dude

I've heard of apathy, celph titled, bdp, mobb deep, but as for the rest what's the thing that makes them stand out?

Yeah I dont know who tf these guys talking about in this forum 90 percent of the time.Theres a difference between indepednant (non major label) and underground(ya moms dont even know your rapping)...

The most underground ? I know are West Coast and Southern and they dont seem to count on the IC(The Pack,Kebo Gotti,etc)
  • skeep
    edited October 2011
    Options
    If you aren't up on Illus, he's definitely a dude worth checking out. His albums Feel Good Music and For Adam are dope and his ep the Mask is one of my favorites this year. Here's a video promoting his new album with Ill Bill, Apathy and more...http://kck.st/pFSO66
  • newyorkken
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Yo my dude Action is definitely on the come up. He just got the interview wit MTV UK which is a real good look. I know I'm not the only one checking for 'Well Done'. November 22nd I'm coppin!!!

[video=vimeo;30882333]
  • newyorkken
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I told yall earlier the Jet Life album was coming! Trademark & Roddy finally drop their promo vid for the 'Jet Life' album that drops November 29. Curren$y The Spitta gonna be on it...Mikey Rocks...Smoke DZA...The whole jet life. I know this album gonna be dope. Cant wait.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The Roots is going to be quality as always. I can't wait for the 2nd Fashawn album, not sure if he counts but dude is my fave rapper out at the moment still bumping that Higher Learning Vol. 2.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    The Roots is going to be quality as always. I can't wait for the 2nd Fashawn album, not sure if he counts but dude is my fave rapper out at the moment still bumping that Higher Learning Vol. 2.

You heard that it's dropping this year? It was supposed to, but it's down as 2012 on his Wiki page.
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I did not know that, just made me sad. But a lot of you guys have provided me with a lot to check for so I should have no problem with the wait, thanks for the info.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    achewon87 wrote: »
    I did not know that, just made me sad. But a lot of you guys have provided me with a lot to check for so I should have no problem with the wait, thanks for the info.

No problem, I was hyped as I thought you may have known something I didn't about the release! Fashawn's one of my favourites as well; good to see you posting seeing as how you've been a member since the board re-upped :tu