Meaning of Old Testament Bible ? name JEHOVAH in Hebrew

beenwize
beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
This is interesting the Old Testament Bible ? name translation JEHOVAH means "? of Ruin" in Hebrew Dictionary. I was doing some research and came across a website to find this information. If you have a "Strong's Hebrew Dictionary" you can look it up online for yourself.

Note: this is ONLY referring to the translation "JEHOVAH"

I have links in thread.

(Highlights)

In Hebrew, Je or Jeh or Jah means Lord or ? [ref].

The suffix “hovah” is No. 1943 in Strong’s Hebrew Dictionary and has the meaning of “ruin, mischief.”

It is another form of No. 1942, ‘havvah’, which is translated “calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness.”

Put the two (Je + hovah) together and you get “? of ruin, mischief, calamity.

Comments

• beenwize
    edited November 2011
    I think the Bible has been tampered with. Thats why scriptures like the one below says Satan in one verse but it says ? in the next verse for the same actions.

"AND Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel." (I Chronicles 21:1)

"AND again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah." (II Samuel 24:1)
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    thats not at all what that means...

Yĕhovah
    יְהֹוָה

Pronunciation

yeh·hō·vä' (Key) ---(( INCORRECT PRONUNCIATION AS THE VAV WAS NOT IN ANCIENT HEBREW- V SOUNDS WERE ONLY VAYT)) ((PROPER PRONUNCIATION = YAH=H-WAH WHICH IS IMPORTANT AS IT IS A COMPOUND WORD AND DESCRIPTION SIMILAR TO HOW CERTAIN NATIVE AMERICAN NAMES ARE I.E. "RUNS WITH CLOUDS" "SITTING BULL" ETC)))

Part of Speech

proper noun with reference to deity

Root Word (Etymology)

From הָיָה (H1961)

TWOT Reference

484a
    Outline of Biblical Usage

Jehovah = "the existing One"

1) the proper name of the one true ?

a) unpronounced except with the vowel pointings of 0136

הָיָה

Transliteration

hayah

Pronunciation

hä·yä (Key)

Part of Speech

verb

Root Word (Etymology)

A primitive root [compare הָוָה (H1933)]

TWOT Reference

Outline of Biblical Usage

1) to be, become, come to pass, exist, happen, fall out

a) (Qal)

1)

a) to happen, fall out, occur, take place, come about, come to pass

b) to come about, come to pass

2) to come into being, become

a) to arise, appear, come

b) to become

1) to become

2) to become like

3) to be instituted, be established

3) to be

a) to exist, be in existence

b) to abide, remain, continue (with word of place or time)

c) to stand, lie, be in, be at, be situated (with word of locality)

d) to accompany, be with

b) (Niphal)

1) to occur, come to pass, be done, be brought about

2) to be done, be finished, be gone

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H3068&t=KJV
    http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/Lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H1961&t=KJV

whats strongs concordance are you using because on the website and in the hard copy i have, it reflects none of what youre saying...what you trying to pull here buddy?
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    your whole ? is flawed cause u looking for a "v" sound. part of the compound root is hawah not hava, if for any reason because there was no "v" sound when the name YHWH was originally recorded. the letter in ancient hebrew is waw not vav. you should get more of a basic understanding of the hebrew language before you go out on a limb like this cause you looking either stupid or shady.....
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    Here are the links to the "Strongs Hebrew Dictionary" you can look it up for yourself.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/hovah.html

JEHOVAH - "HOVAH"

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number: 01943

Original Word

Word Origin

hwh

another form for (01942)

Transliterated Word

TDNT Entry

Hovah

TWOT - 483c

Phonetic Spelling

Parts of Speech

? -vaw'

Noun Feminine

Definition

ruin, disaster

King James Word Usage - Total: 3

mischief 3

==============================================================

"JAH"

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/yahh.html

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number: 03050

Original Word

Word Origin

hhy

contraction for (03068), and meaning the same

Transliterated Word

TDNT Entry

Yahh

TWOT - 484b

Phonetic Spelling

Parts of Speech

yaw

Proper Name

Definition

Jah (Jehovah in the shortened form) the proper name of the one true ?
    used in many compounds names beginning with the letters 'Je'
    names ending with 'iah' or 'jah'

King James Word Usage - Total: 49

LORD 48, JAH 1
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    beenwize wrote: »
    here are the links to the "strongs hebrew dictionary" you can look it up for yourself.

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/hovah.html

jehovah - "hovah"

the kjv old testament hebrew lexicon

strong's number: 01943

original word

word origin

hwh

another form for (01942)

transliterated word

tdnt entry

hovah

twot - 483c

phonetic spelling

parts of speech

? -vaw'

noun feminine

definition

ruin, disaster

king james word usage - total: 3

mischief 3

==============================================================

"jah"

http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/hebrew/kjv/yahh.html

the kjv old testament hebrew lexicon

strong's number: 03050

original word

word origin

hhy

contraction for (03068), and meaning the same

transliterated word

tdnt entry

yahh

twot - 484b

phonetic spelling

parts of speech

yaw

proper name

definition

jah (jehovah in the shortened form) the proper name of the one true ?
    used in many compounds names beginning with the letters 'je'
    names ending with 'iah' or 'jah'

king james word usage - total: 49

lord 48, jah 1

you got the wrong root word man. I speak hebrew. Its not hovah. Thats a transliteration and an inaccurate one at that. The two links i posted show how h1961 is the primitive root set of consonants and not h1943/2. Like i said in another thread, youre not a free thinker. Youre just skimming things to find something to fit what you postulate and presuppose but a 5 year old can click the links i gave and see that h1943/2 is not h1961. It even says compare them and breaks it down further in the lexicon entries...
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    judahxulu wrote: »
    you got the wrong root word man. I speak hebrew. Its not hovah. Thats a transliteration and an inaccurate one at that. The two links i posted show how h1961 is the primitive root set of consonants and not h1933. Like i said in another thread, youre not a free thinker. Youre just skimming things to find something to fit what you postulate and presuppose but a 5 year old can click the links i gave and see that h1933 is not h1961. It even says compare them and breaks it down further in the lexicon entries...

JEHOVAH might be an inaccurate transliteration... But the point of this thread was to provide the meaning of that particular name according to the Hebrew dictionary considering it is included in many Bible translations.

Why catch feelings?

All I did was provide the meaning of that particular name.
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    jehovah might be an inaccurate transliteration... But the point of this thread was to provide the meaning of that particular name according to the hebrew dictionary considering it is included in many bible translations.

Why catch feelings?

All i did was provide the meaning of that particular name.

no feelings. Just sharing facts. Yeah the name jehovah is bogus. Its the creation of germanic ba'al devotees under the guise of kabbalah. I was just clarifying the difference cause you went there with the hebrew and all.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    no feelings. Just sharing facts. Yeah the name jehovah is bogus. Its the creation of germanic ba'al devotees under the guise of kabbalah. I was just clarifying the difference cause you went there with the hebrew and all.

Yea, but i find it crazy they put that name in the Bible... People pray in that name and dont even know the meaning.

I dont think it was a accidental mistranslation but an intentional one. Thats why I say if they were able to change the names of ? and the messiah in the Bible then they were also able to change other scriptures and words.
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    Yea, but i find it crazy they put that name in the Bible... People pray in that name and dont even know the meaning.

I dont think it was a accidental mistranslation but an intentional one. Thats why I say if they were able to change the names of ? and the messiah in the Bible then they were also able to change other scriptures and words.

wELL i MEAN JUST IN 1611, THAT BIBLE SAUD IEHOVAH AND JESUS WAS IEUSUS...I MEAN THERE ALL EGREGORES THAT ATTRACT OTHER ENTITITES OF SIMILAR VIBRATORY RATE.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011

It just may be intentional, but the English language is very limited when it comes to using it to translate a language like Hebrew. I'm no Hebrew scholar (or for that matter a Bible scholar), but if there are language alphabets out there that outnumber the English alphabet, then you know it's going to be hard to translate everything correctly.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    It just may be intentional, but the English language is very limited when it comes to using it to translate a language like Hebrew. I'm no Hebrew scholar (or for that matter a Bible scholar), but if there are language alphabets out there that outnumber the English alphabet, then you know it's going to be hard to translate everything correctly.

thats right but that name still means what it means... jus shows that the earth is ruled by evil. these people know what they are doing especially when they translate names and titles of ? and Biblical scripture. as if they want u to call on false entities.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    interesting how the names and titles of ? has been mistranslated in the Bible and as well as many other scriptures and words. Jus goes to show that Satan really has decieved the whole world. People should be cautious about every word of this King James "VERSIAN" of the Bible. Anytime somebody says this is their "VERSIAN" of the truth should wonder is it the same as the original truth?

Revelation 12:9
    And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    thats right but that name still means what it means... jus shows that the earth is ruled by evil. these people know what they are doing especially when they translate names and titles of ? and Biblical scripture. as if they want u to call on false entities.

I believe the issue of evil goes far deeper than someone intentionally changing words around. Even if the Bible was "untouched", people will still find themselves coming to "wrong" conclusions on what the Bible says. We would still approach the Bible as what we "want" it to say as to...what it says.
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    alissowack wrote: »
    I believe the issue of evil goes far deeper than someone intentionally changing words around. Even if the Bible was "untouched", people will still find themselves coming to "wrong" conclusions on what the Bible says. We would still approach the Bible as what we "want" it to say as to...what it says.

I personally think that the rabbit hole goes way deeper than the King James "VERSIAN" of the Bible that has been given to us.

The Romans and Greeks of ancient have stole, ruined, and burned lots of religous/spiritual text of ancient civilizations and given us there versian of the truth. I think if we had the untouched word of ? it would bring us together. I think any book that divides us and causes us confusion and wars has probably been tampered with. There is an unseen hand in the midst of all of this confusion.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    What about the mistranslation of angels? In Hebrew isn't it messenger? In Greek, something like intermediary?

How the ? did we get angels from that?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    your whole ? is flawed cause u looking for a "v" sound. part of the compound root is hawah not hava, if for any reason because there was no "v" sound when the name YHWH was originally recorded. the letter in ancient hebrew is waw not vav. you should get more of a basic understanding of the hebrew language before you go out on a limb like this cause you looking either stupid or shady.....

He's Shady my brother and suspect, i think he's bi-polar...... i mean how many hats this dude wears is crazy. He comes as one, then leave comes back as another.
  • judahxulu
    edited November 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    What about the mistranslation of angels? In Hebrew isn't it messenger? In Greek, something like intermediary?

i think the main point is to cut off access and make holy things abstract as opposed to concrete. either way- the blind believers stay with heads in the clouds and robbed on earth and the scoffers rob themselves of looking to the heart of the matter
  • beenwize
    edited November 2011
    waterproof wrote: »
    He's Shady my brother and suspect, i think he's bi-polar...... i mean how many hats this dude wears is crazy. He comes as one, then leave comes back as another.

I'm sifting through the King James "VERSIAN" of the Bible and trying to get explanations about everything in it. If you choose to stay inside the box presented to you by the powers that be then thats fine.

There is a lot of confusion out there and if you think every word in the King James "VERSIAN" of the Bible is all good yet u got names like JEHOVAH, JESUS, LORD, ? , ETERNAL HELL, and etc in it which dont mean what theology says it means then u come face to face with a problem. If these mistranslated words and titles are in the Bible showing evidence of tampering then what makes u ignore the possibility of anything else being changed?

like the scriptures say the simple believeth every word.
  • rapluva
    rapluva Members Posts: 232
    edited November 2011
    VIBE86 wrote: »

1. In Hebrew Angel iz pronounced "Malak" which means messanger and it meanz "something like to be sent"

2. In Greek it's pronounced "Angelos" which meanz the SAME thing az in Hebrew, the English miss-pronounciation of Angelos iz where you get Angel from.

3. Greek haz 6 million words, while English haz 490,000
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    What main translations or ideas are different from the Hebrew bible to the Christian bible?

Like, does the Hebrew bible teach that Jesus is ? ? Hell/Heaven are real? Angels, or messengers, actually came down and smashed earth women who were bore giants? etc..