Hip-Hop can be a homophobic genre but can we agree being homophobic is actually

ShadyTeam
ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Reason
A white supremist racist thing? so how did the Urban community become so homophobic?

I know a lotta people dislike being judged cos of their race so what gives people a right to judge other people cos they were born ? ?

Comments

• ItzGravitation
    ItzGravitation Members Posts: 7,205
    edited March 2010
    nothing at all
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited March 2010
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    if your a ? thats cool, jus stay the ? away from me.

...but i do love lesbians.

Lesbian_tongue_kiss.gif
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    BIGRuss wrote: »

Lesbian_tongue_kiss.gif

realest post on this thread
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited March 2010
  • Fazeem_Blackall
    Fazeem_Blackall Members Posts: 4,216 ✭✭
    edited March 2010

Lesbian_tongue_kiss.gif

Dope and true for me also...
  • supersajinfo
    supersajinfo Members Posts: 461 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    A white supremist racist thing? so how did the Urban community become so homophobic?

I know a lotta people dislike being judged cos of their race so what gives people a right to judge other people cos they were born ? ?

Okay you aren't born as person of a gender with a sexual interest or preference for someone of your gender. That ? is an acquired taste like graham ? crust on cheesecake. As a child your exposed to certain stimuli things that shapes your opinion or preferences for instance if you grew up as a white supremacist more than likely you will be a white supremacist because thats what you were exposed to during the your impressionable time period. If you were exposed to something in contrast to said white supremacy it creates doubt in your mine if your beliefs really hold water or is it just something that has been forced on you . Homosexuality usually stems from trauma, or being exposed to something that throws off your latent hetero sexuality. This is usually things like tv or real life situations in front of you. If your mom is single all her life or she involves you in her social life and other aspects of her life. You will carry on her mindset on what to look for in people. You will learn to enjoy conversations with the girls. Since you didn't get constant equal or greater male influence you don't know how to interact with males beyond how a female does. Even with ? or males who consider themselves "Tops" you can be overexposed to males to the point you start to feel more open emotionally and physically around other males thus creating a sexual attraction. S

Also addressing the homophobia in hip hop. Male and female hip hop fans relate to somebody of their same gender due to the fact they share or have seen similar experience. Since the majority of men are straight they are not going to relate or feel comfortable listening to someone of their gender rapping about homosexual sex because it is unnatural and foreign to them. In the cases a rapper does say something "? " fans consider this odd and completely wrong see the thread about B.I.G having ? or ? lines in some of his songs.
  • Mr. AJ
    Mr. AJ Members Posts: 1,706 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    14n2snb.jpg

yjfdj.jpg

• ShadyTeam
    ShadyTeam Members Posts: 4,894 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Basically anyone that is homophobic will have to answer to ? and karma is a motherfuka!!!!!!!!!

Just remember that yeh it may seem cool to be homophobic but every negative action has reprucussions
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited March 2010
    Okay you aren't born as person of a gender with a sexual interest or preference for someone of your gender. That ? is an acquired taste like graham ? crust on cheesecake. As a child your exposed to certain stimuli things that shapes your opinion or preferences for instance if you grew up as a white supremacist more than likely you will be a white supremacist because thats what you were exposed to during the your impressionable time period. If you were exposed to something in contrast to said white supremacy it creates doubt in your mine if your beliefs really hold water or is it just something that has been forced on you . Homosexuality usually stems from trauma, or being exposed to something that throws off your latent hetero sexuality. This is usually things like tv or real life situations in front of you. If your mom is single all her life or she involves you in her social life and other aspects of her life. You will carry on her mindset on what to look for in people. You will learn to enjoy conversations with the girls. Since you didn't get constant equal or greater male influence you don't know how to interact with males beyond how a female does. Even with ? or males who consider themselves "Tops" you can be overexposed to males to the point you start to feel more open emotionally and physically around other males thus creating a sexual attraction. S

Also addressing the homophobia in hip hop. Male and female hip hop fans relate to somebody of their same gender due to the fact they share or have seen similar experience. Since the majority of men are straight they are not going to relate or feel comfortable listening to someone of their gender rapping about homosexual sex because it is unnatural and foreign to them. In the cases a rapper does say something "? " fans consider this odd and completely wrong see the thread about B.I.G having ? or ? lines in some of his songs.

THis make sense to me and is kind of the way I thought that stuff worked
  • supersajinfo
    edited March 2010
    Most people are homophobic is just a natural response to the fact that its unnatural and its bad for the species when humans aren't mating with the opposite gender. If you and your partner catch Aids and your partner no longer shows interest in homosexual sex then now you have a timebomb walking around with the potential to give a heterosexual person AIDS. It may sound like a stereotype but there many females and males who say I'm "Bi-Curious" and when that curiosity has been answered and they go back to living a heterosexual life whatever they unwittingly bring into their next relationship what ever disease they gained from their last relationship .

At the same type racism is unnatural because you have to be exposed to a negative imagery of someone of an opposite race to generally fear or mistrust them. Its mostly through propaganda that people develop these feelings.

Interesting thing when Japan first meet african american males during world war 2 they thought of the same ? and monkeys from Birth of a Nation and Stepin Fetchit but they soon found respect for them through their honesty and respect towards them as a people and race.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited March 2010
    i'll bet you anything that within 10 years scientists will find the homosexual gene.
  • supersajinfo
    edited March 2010
    i'll bet you anything that within 10 years scientists will find the homosexual gene.

Unless homosexuals find away to reproduce that is the only way they can carry on their genes. Since it is impossible then there will never be a homosexual gene.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited March 2010
    if addiction can be passed down, even skip generations, why can't homosexuality? that ? was kept under raps for centuries. why the ? you think its called coming out the closet.
  • supersajinfo
    edited March 2010
    if addiction can be passed down, even skip generations, why can't homosexuality? that ? was kept under raps for centuries. why the ? you think its called coming out the closet.

Because homosexuals since they can't have kids with their life partners . You can;t fertilize sperm with another sperm, you can't fertilize an egg with another egg. Therefore they can't make kids in their own relationships because it has to be xy and ? to produce a child not xy and xy or ? and ? . You need 23 male and 23 female chromosomes to make a child you can't have relationship with two of each genders producing a child. Men can't get pregnate and women can't impregnate other women . They try to find loopholes but they have to use somebody of an opposite gender to create a child . A child cannot be born from homosexual intercourse.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    edited March 2010
    Because homosexuals since they can't have kids with their life partners . You can;t fertilize sperm with another sperm, you can't fertilize an egg with another egg. Therefore they can't make kids in their own relationships because it has to be xy and ? to produce a child not xy and xy or ? and ? . You need 23 male and 23 female chromosomes to make a child you can't have relationship with two of each genders producing a child. Men can't get pregnate and women can't impregnate other women . They try to find loopholes but they have to use somebody of an opposite gender to create a child . A child cannot be born from homosexual intercourse.

yeah i went to heath class too. but before the late 60's early 70's they had to hide that ? and try to lead normal lives. have a wife, kids, a job, etc. even ? today will nutt up in a fat chick to had a seed.
  • supersajinfo
    edited March 2010
    That child they make won't be ? unless its exposed to that life by its ? parents.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    edited March 2010
    ShadyTeam wrote: »
    Basically anyone that is homophobic will have to answer to ? and karma is a motherfuka!!!!!!!!!

Just remember that yeh it may seem cool to be homophobic but every negative action has reprucussions

Ok, who jumped you and or made fun of you for being ? ?? Your prolly crying right now thinking about the taunts they made to u. Let it go. You will be ok.
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    I probably don't have the most "politically correct" thoughts toward ? , but you're not gonna find me startin ? with somebody just because they're ? . I think most people that engage in ? -bashing or whatever you want to call it, are ? themselves and scared to admit it. They feel guilty, so they try to cover it up by pretending to be super antigay. But here's one thing I'm completely sicc of. That's ? tryin to compare their self-inflictted struggles with racism. When an Asian or a black man or a white man or whatever, walks out of their house in the morning, they can't hide the fact that they're black, white, etc. Therefore, you have to deal with it whether you want to or not. If you don't walk around switchin and talkin with a whisp, callin people honey and ? , then people are not gonna know you're ? . That ? person chose to put themself out there like that, even knowing that it could cause problems for them. I don't feel too much sympathy for people who want to be oppressed so they'll have something to complain about. And I'm not sayin that that's an excuse to beat some ? guy up for what he's wearin or how he talks. I think people should have the right to dress how they want, date who they want, etc. But they need to be aware of the opposition that they're gonna face. To me, a legitimate ? person, that doesn't have ulterior motives, wouldn't want the entire world to know that their ? .
  • youngnick
    youngnick Members Posts: 600 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    You arent born ? .
  • A.R. Marks
    A.R. Marks Members Posts: 54
    edited March 2010
    Imma ask how many people who are opposing the '? gene' idea actually have friends or know people who are ? (not like "I see them in the hallway sometimes" but more like an actual friend, male or female, who is openly ? ).

Scientists recently have been doing genetic tests on mothers with at least 2 ? kids. A woman has 2 X chromosomes; to keep from giving a child Down syndrome (too many chromosomes) the woman's body deactivates chromosomes at random. Half of her cells will deactivate one X chromosome and the other half of the cells will deactivate the other one (I assume they mean reproductive cells). But in the mothers with 2 ? kids every cell in every one of the test subjects' bodies deactivated the same X chromosome which is highly unusual. Apparently 13% of mothers with one ? kid have the same condition and only 4% of mothers with straight kids have it which I guess means that if they kept having kids, they would have the ability to eventually have one that is homosexual.

In short it looks like it's the same as hair color, height or genetic predisposition to diseases like cancer and osteoporosis. It depends on what gene you inherit from your parent not what environment you grew up in. Nobody knows everything about nature vs nurture but remember there are plenty of families where homosexuality is not accepted, or where all the kids do the same activities and live the same lives with or without the supposed "? stimuli", and some of them will become ? and some won't. How does the sociology argument work then?

P.S. link to the '? gene' article.

http://www.livescience.com/health/060224_? _genes.html
  • mattee c
    mattee c Members Posts: 693
    edited March 2010
    I don't know enough about genetics to say I agree or disagree with theories about ? genes. I don't dispute the possibility. But I can't help but think of this - why are there 10x as many ? today as there were 50 years ago. Now I realize that society wasn't as tolerant of ? back then and most ? were probably deep in the closet, but I don't think that explains everything. It's more trendy to be ? now than ever before. I think media influence is a huge factor. Here's an example, MTV's The Real World. Since this show began, they've had at least one ? person every season. MTV would have you think that these people are "randomly" selected and that 1 out of 7 people in this country are ? , which we all know is not true. The majority of people in this country, especially right now, are poor and can't afford to travel and go on vacations. Therefore, their only exposure to anything outside of their neighborhood, is through television. That's why children growing up today think that homosexuality is completely common. I know there are a lot of legitimately ? people in this world, but there's also a lot of misguided and confused people that will latch on to any group that will accept them.
  • eyes low
    eyes low Members Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010

you are born ? . you have no idea what your talking about your surroundings play apart in it but if you were born ? you are ? . i know one kid who grew up with really religious christian parents and he is still ? . and there is more scientific evidence to back it up as times goes by more and more stuff turns out to be genetic not involving your surroundings. your surroundings can impact your personality thats about it
  • AntonLATroy
    AntonLATroy Members Posts: 331
    edited March 2010
    mattee c wrote: »
    I don't know enough about genetics to say I agree or disagree with theories about ? genes. I don't dispute the possibility. But I can't help but think of this - why are there 10x as many ? today as there were 50 years ago. Now I realize that society wasn't as tolerant of ? back then and most ? were probably deep in the closet, but I don't think that explains everything. It's more trendy to be ? now than ever before. I think media influence is a huge factor. Here's an example, MTV's The Real World. Since this show began, they've had at least one ? person every season. MTV would have you think that these people are "randomly" selected and that 1 out of 7 people in this country are ? , which we all know is not true. The majority of people in this country, especially right now, are poor and can't afford to travel and go on vacations. Therefore, their only exposure to anything outside of their neighborhood, is through television. That's why children growing up today think that homosexuality is completely common. I know there are a lot of legitimately ? people in this world, but there's also a lot of misguided and confused people that will latch on to any group that will accept them.

At this point there is no conclusive scientific proof of " ? Genes", IF anything the opposite has been proved in the diversity of genetic structure of those tested.

Hormone level differences are not even a accurate indicator.

While I believe that an enviroment can cause through acts of rebellion, having it a normalcy, physical/sexual abuse, aboherant over nurturing, improperly given attention, I also believe that the person must have it in them from the start in some form.