Nicolay + The Hot at Nights: Shibuya Session EP - FREE!

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Essence
Cover540.jpg

Taken from KevinNottingham.com:

+FE Music proudly presents the Shibuya Session EP, a collaboration between Nicolay and the Raleigh-based exploratory jazz trio The Hot At Nights, led by 8-string guitar virtuoso (and The Foreign Exchange guitarist) Chris Boerner with Matt Douglas on sax/woodwinds and Nick Baglio on drums.

The EP was recorded at Sound Pure Studios in Durham NC and features new interpretations and arrangements of eight instrumental compositions from Nicolay’s 2009 album City Lights Vol. 2: Shibuya.
Tracklisting:

01. Shibuya Station
02. Rain In Ueno Park
03. Satellite
04. Meiji Shrine
05. The Inner Garden
06. Crossing
07. Bullet Train
08. Departure

Produced by Nicolay and Chris Boerner

Download

Sweet release, I'm going to have to listen to this!!!

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    good drop pon di download right now should be a good listen at work tomorrow
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    MY GAWD, this was EXCELLENT!!! Very good job by Nicolay!!
  • The 3mcee
    The 3mcee Members Posts: 588
    edited November 2011
    I was gonna buy the City sounds of Shibuya or something like that off of Amazon.com I used to live in Japan and my favorite city was Shibuya. It had the most vinyl or records shops in one area. So many different types of music but Hip Hop was so big out there. I'm talking bout breaking, Graph, DJing, Fashion and Emceein! I am okay at Japanese but I was never advanced enough to understand a lot of there Hip Hop. LOL.

They used to have this one club called Harlem and every month they would have some of the most famous DJ's around the globe spinning there. Hip Hop, House, Techno, whatever. On New Years Eve was the greatest because they would get big time Hip Hop DJ's to come in and do the party. I remember one year they had so many famous guest DJ's killing the joint. My Japanese chick hated going there all the time because she wanted to hang in Yokohoma and go to the clubs there. LOL. The good old days. But yeah I thought the one on Amazon was okay but not as good as other stuff I've heard Nic do. I will most def check this out and thanks for the drop
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    I was gonna buy the City sounds of Shibuya or something like that off of Amazon.com I used to live in Japan and my favorite city was Shibuya. It had the most vinyl or records shops in one area. So many different types of music but Hip Hop was so big out there. I'm talking bout breaking, Graph, DJing, Fashion and Emceein! I am okay at Japanese but I was never advanced enough to understand a lot of there Hip Hop. LOL.

They used to have this one club called Harlem and every month they would have some of the most famous DJ's around the globe spinning there. Hip Hop, House, Techno, whatever. On New Years Eve was the greatest because they would get big time Hip Hop DJ's to come in and do the party. I remember one year they had so many famous guest DJ's killing the joint. My Japanese chick hated going there all the time because she wanted to hang in Yokohoma and go to the clubs there. LOL. The good old days. But yeah I thought the one on Amazon was okay but not as good as other stuff I've heard Nic do. I will most def check this out and thanks for the drop

Niiiice! I wanna talk with you about Japan, may PM you if okay, it's on my potential places to emigrate to..
  • The 3mcee
    edited November 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Niiiice! I wanna talk with you about Japan, may PM you if okay, it's on my potential places to emigrate to..

Yeah man hit me up and I will do my best to give you some helpful info
  • traestar
    edited November 2011
    *tear jerks* I wanna go to Japan...*pouts* lol

Seriously tho, Japan is still my #1 vacation spot, I must go there!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    The 3mcee wrote: »
    Yeah man hit me up and I will do my best to give you some helpful info

Props, I'll hit you up in the next week or so, I'll think of what I should ask first! I'm interested in moving there in many ways, or Asia in general… but it's very much a 'crossroads' kinda thought that I know will have huge implications on my life, so I wanna think about it before I decide and also upon where I decide to move to.
    traestar wrote: »

No doubt, I think I'm hitting up Taiwan and Canada in the summer, but I'll definitely hit up Japan eventually!
  • traestar
    edited November 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Props, I'll hit you up in the next week or so, I'll think of what I should ask first! I'm interested in moving there in many ways, or Asia in general… but it's very much a 'crossroads' kinda thought that I know will have huge implications on my life, so I wanna think about it before I decide and also upon where I decide to move to.

No doubt, I think I'm hitting up Taiwan and Canada in the summer, but I'll definitely hit up Japan eventually!

Nice man, I definitely need to start traveling! Glad I'm done school!
  • The 3mcee
    edited December 2011
    traestar wrote: »

Japan is a cool spot but I wouldn't say its a great vacation spot unless you are into certain types of things. LOL. I grew to love Japan while I was out there and it helped me grow as a person. I consider there a 2nd home to me and I still have a few friends I keep in touch with out there.