On Ya Independent ? , Trade It All 4 A Husband & Sum Kids...

Options
DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Powder Room
Soooo...I have heard a lot of females say that even if a man did want to take care of them they'd still want to work.

How do you all feel about that? Would you date a so called "traditional" man who was perfectly fine with women in general being able to work and have their own money and be so-called "independent" but as for HIS WOMAN. She needs to know how to cook, clean, and take care of the house...

Most of the time when a male says this females respond with, :"well he better have the money to keep all that up." So for the sake of argument lets just say he does. he can take care of you and any future kids with room to spare.

Would you still want to work & pursue your "dreams" and "career goals" or would ytou be perfectly happy being a "kept" woman on his dime?

May sound like a stupid question but I know a few females that wouldn't take him up on the offer. they are artists however and would never abandon their passion for art. But what about you females?

Comments

• Yummy.Lix
    Yummy.Lix Members Posts: 1,398
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I would still want to work even if he did say it would be fine if I became a house wife.The
    reason is because I'm in school right now.If my plan was to be a house wife,the money
    & time spent into college would be a waste.& I feel like my peak isn't at "house wife," I
    feel like I can do much greater things than that.This is just how I feel now though.I possibly
    might consider it in the far future after I have reached my goals.We would have to be VERY
    well off.& Even then I would probably still do little things to get $ here and there.The maintenance
    of myself is probably going to be more than my hubby.Skin care products,hair care products,eyebrow
    threading appointments,shopping sprees,gas $,electronic needs,etc adds up,lol.& I would feel
    guilty for putting all that on someone who pays the bills.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    Soooo...I have heard a lot of females say that even if a man did want to take care of them they'd still want to work.

How do you all feel about that? Would you date a so called "traditional" man who was perfectly fine with women in general being able to work and have their own money and be so-called "independent" but as for HIS WOMAN. She needs to know how to cook, clean, and take care of the house...

Most of the time when a male says this females respond with, :"well he better have the money to keep all that up." So for the sake of argument lets just say he does. he can take care of you and any future kids with room to spare.

Would you still want to work & pursue your "dreams" and "career goals" or would ytou be perfectly happy being a "kept" woman on his dime?

May sound like a stupid question but I know a few females that wouldn't take him up on the offer. they are artists however and would never abandon their passion for art. But what about you females?
    lol I see what you did there...............waits for responses.
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I like my career so I will work until I can't anymore

I also have no desire to have kids

Sooo

For me being a house wife or kept woman wouldn't work

Unless he just desires having a really ? off womanin his life
  • inatrance
    inatrance Members Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I don't need an entire day to clean a house or to cook a great meal, so I always thought about what housewives honestly do all day that isn't reminiscent of Peggy Bundy. I love what I'm doing career wise and in a way it is a part of me, so giving that up to do something that I can do regardless would make me one irritating chick to deal with.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? id do it

and id just volunteer at the animal shelter on weekends

win-win for me
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Me personally, I am not looking to have kids, but I did say I would want to be married and have a husband that made enough money so I could be at home for the first few years of the kid's life if I had one. I don't think I could be a housewife. I like having my own. I don't think anyone should have to give up their goals to be married. Like another poster said. I would not want all the money spent for my education to be a waste. I NEED to have my own thing.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Would I drop all my plans, passions and goals as soon as I meet a man I could possibly see a future with? No. These efforts are already underway and in effect so ideally by the time we get there I would've built my "empire" to the point where I can have the choice to have others takeover while I oversee things from behind the scenes when we are raising our family.

I want more than a couple kids and I want a family so before that I would want to establish ourselves and live a steady and stable life so that we would have the means and option for me to stay home and raise our kids especially in the early and most important years of their lives.

Call me "insane" but I would be more than just happy with being there every step of the way (rather than part time) raising our family exactly the way I/we see fit, maintaining the home and taking care of my husband and our children. I wouldn't want it any other way and it really is a different and fulfilling kind of pleasure that it brings.

So with that said, it's all about ones priorities and where the heart is. As for mine? Family & home>>>
  • UPTOWN
    UPTOWN Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 13,009 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Would I drop all my plans, passions and goals as soon as I meet a man I could possibly see a future with? Not at all. These efforts are already underway and in effect so ideally by the time we get there I would've built my "empire" to the point where I can have the choice to have others takeover while I oversee things from behind the scenes when we are raising our family. I want more than a couple kids and I want a family so before that I would want to establish ourselves and live a steady and stable life so that we can have the means and option for me to stay home and raise our kids in the early and most important years of their lives.

Call me crazy but I would be more than happy with being there every step of the way rather than part time raising our family exactly the way I see fit, maintaining the home and taking care of my husband and our children. It's a different kind of pleasure that it brings.

So with that said, it's all about ones priorities. As for mine? Family>>>

maybe that just came out wrong lol
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited November 2011
    Options
    maybe that just came out wrong lol

Obviously. Lol. I been noticed that before even seeing this but thanks for overlooking the rest of it just to point that out :D :P :(
  • UPTOWN
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i think alot of the responses in here speak to the negative aspects of this society rather than women not accepting or wanting to play their "role"

most stay at home moms do find purpose outside of working or persueing a career

im sure this wont be a popular post in here but i honestly believe its imperative for women to take care of home FIRST and find their goals in things other than business etc.

i mean we all sit here and watch youtube videos and worldstar with kids who come from "broken homes" and blame alot of societies problems on what goes on in the home which is then projected onto society as a whole. its almost as if so many women are focused on if they CAN do it that we never think about if they SHOULD do it.

the concept of man woman and child has seemed to have fallen victim to the father the son and the holy ghost, which removes the importance of the womans role out of the picture. hence little boys dancing like beyonce, homosexuality running rampant, and broken homes where what you bring in in terms of income is more important than what you put out into society (children).

i know ill prolly get bashed for this but you cant say society is ? up on one hand and then actually believe that if things stay like this it will get better. you cant keep doing things the same way and expect different results
  • UPTOWN
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Obviously. Lol. I been noticed that before even seeing this but thanks for overlooking the rest of it just to point that out :D :P :(
    LOL nah .. that was my whole point ... it was a pretty good post, thats why that part was like o-0. but i know what you were saying luv lol

my titangraph below is my take tho

and im wearing long sleeves to combat the cat scratches that i might receive from some of the ladies in here LOL
  • BlaqueHoney01
    BlaqueHoney01 Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i think alot of the responses in here speak to the negative aspects of this society rather than women not accepting or wanting to play their "role"

im sure this wont be a popular post in here but i honestly believe its imperative for women to take care of home FIRST and find their goals in things other than business etc.

i mean we all sit here and watch youtube videos and worldstar with kids who come from "broken homes" and blame alot of societies problems on what goes on in the home which is then projected onto society as a whole. its almost as if so many women are focused on if they CAN do it that we never think about if they SHOULD do it.

the concept of man woman and child has seemed to have fallen victim to the father the son and the holy ghost, which removes the importance of the womans role out of the picture. hence little boys dancing like beyonce, homosexuality running rampant, and broken homes where what you bring in in terms of income is more important than what you put out into society (children).

i know ill prolly get bashed for this but you cant say society is ? up on one hand and then actually believe that if things stay like this it will get better. you cant keep doing things the same way and expect different results

I actually agree with you and Conscious. I would most def want to be home to raise my own kids, and maybe work part time/ per diem after they are in school. If my husband in making the money where that was possible. I want to be a nurse anesthetist and that is what I am working towards right now. I need to do that before I just let go and not work. Which is one of the reasons I said I don't want kids. I don't want to have regrets or feel that they are or kept me from doing what I want.
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    edited November 2011
    Options

I agree that home is first and foremost in general.

If there is light in the soul
    There is beauty in the person
    If there is beauty in the person
    There will be harmony in the house
    If there is harmony in the house
    There will be order in the nation
    If there is order in the nation
    There will be peace in the world

;)