Help give me ideas for my anthropology gender rule assignment

Options
illmistermc
illmistermc Members Posts: 186
edited November 2011 in Growing Pains
Choose a cultural rule about gender and break it. This assignment is about gender expectations as well as gender roles. Sometimes the best way to illustrate the strength of cultural expectations and rules is to violate them. This project should be conducted over a 2-7day period, and can involve one or multiple activities designed to break cultural rules about gender.

I was thinking i'd buy a really girly magazine or two from the store and measure the cashier's reaction. it's a 1-2 page paper. i was also thinking i'd make girly facebook statuses or some ? . anyone have any good ideas? please no overly ? ? like dressing in drag.

Comments

• illmistermc
    illmistermc Members Posts: 186
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Go to a beauty salon and get a mani, pedi, ? (n/h), and get your eyebrows done. You'll be the prettiest boy in your class then.

how bout i just get my feet done and ? the eyebrows and ? and ?
  • Young_Chitlin
    Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Choose a cultural rule about gender and break it. This assignment is about gender expectations as well as gender roles. Sometimes the best way to illustrate the strength of cultural expectations and rules is to violate them. This project should be conducted over a 2-7day period, and can involve one or multiple activities designed to break cultural rules about gender.

I was thinking i'd buy a really girly magazine or two from the store and measure the cashier's reaction. it's a 1-2 page paper. i was also thinking i'd make girly facebook statuses or some ? . anyone have any good ideas? please no overly ? ? like dressing in drag.

Going along the lines of what Johnny said, head to your local mall and walk into Victoria's Secret and say your girl broke her leg (make up whatever) and she wanted you to look at outfits for her. Or you could head to Sephora and proceed to make up something so you won't be perceived as a creeper. One of the stores that target women at the mall, head in there because you would already be breaking a rule
  • MacOne
    MacOne Banned Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Just go out in public and act like yourself(a ? ) and see the reaction...works for u online
  • bunti
    bunti Members Posts: 4
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Help give me ideas for my anthropology gender rule assignment A large amount of right here bangles are around to e so always be ready for slim and starts so you become a healthy and good looks so always be ready for best outcomes.
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Try buying a bunch of feminine products from a different store each day and note the reaction.