Potential Wifey Question: Ladies when was the last time a man

Options
blakfyahking
blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in The Powder Room
truly impressed you? When was the last time a man did something extraordinary that made you take notice?

What did he do?

:)

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I mentioned that I liked the play wicked casually in a conversation

within 2 weeks he surprised me with this really nice, well thought out date that included dinner and the play

it was sweet because I didn't realize he was paying attention
  • Conscious__Nkechi
    Conscious__Nkechi Members Posts: 6,110 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    haute wrote: »
    I mentioned that I liked the play wicked casually in a conversation

within 2 weeks he surprised me with this really nice, well thought out date that included dinner and the play

it was sweet because I didn't realize he was paying attention

:'( I had tickets to go see Wicked long ago and just as the time arrived for the show I was out of town. SMH!

But yeah, that is sweet. Those little things here and there that he picks up on is the greatest.
    Duly note them, store it in the brain and incorporate it into some future plans, I do it all the time, lol.
  • Nthngis4vr
    Nthngis4vr Members Posts: 2,171 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    hmmm.... his mom called and asked him to do something for her. his mom stays calling him to do the weirdest ? but he just grabs his keys and does what she asks. or, he'll be like "come on mama.." and will tell her what she's asking is ridiculous but he can do/get her something else.

it's kind of annoying but i love that he takes care of his mom without being a mama's boy.
  • blakfyahking
    edited November 2011
    Options
    :'( I had tickets to go see Wicked long ago and just as the time arrived for the show I was out of town. SMH!

But yeah, that is sweet. Those little things here and there that he picks up on is the greatest.
    Duly note them, store it in the brain and incorporate it into some future plans, I do it all the time, lol.

so Mrs. BFK, which story you gon share with the IC out of all the many times I have impressed you :)

*leaves Marley swooning all the time post*
    I don't even have an answer for this mf question.

that's truly unfortunate

no man has ever impressed you babes? :(
  • blakfyahking
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Nobody outside of my family, no. Oh well. Maybe there's still time. I'm more impressed with women friends than men.

so it's safe to say we (the fellas that is), are losing you to a life of ? loving?

SMH :(
  • blakfyahking
    edited November 2011
    Options
    LOL that's gotta hurt

i think it's because in my experience, women have been more willing to give and go the distance than men.

why you think that is? have you ever really given a man a chance to "go the distance" so to speak?
  • NYCeeCee
    NYCeeCee Members Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I could write a book on this. LOL!

He recently hired house help for my grandmother b/c I was really worried about her. She's 86 years old and lives all alone in a big house.

That's just one of the things he's done that makes me love him oh so much :)

When we first got together, he was on some "f*ck b****** get $$"....he's done a complete 180 since then. LOL
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The little things mean alot to me. Like he went to Target to get something for his job a couple days ago and came back with one of those for-no-reason cards that are mushy. That type of stuff is impressive to me.
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and here we go
  • blakfyahking
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Sure. Still wasn't impressed. I'm not even talking about relationship stuff; I mean unimpressive in terms of career, accomplishments, and future goals. I generally tend to admire more young women in my life than young men at this point.

well it makes sense that a female would admire other women's accomplishments as a personal example to aspire to

but all men you have come across are unimpressive in those terms to you? where do you live at shorty? :(
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    waits for marleys post
  • Dr.Chemix
    Dr.Chemix Members Posts: 11,816 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Darxwell wrote: »
    and here we go

lol

all this mushy ?

bout to ? ...
  • twinzmom
    twinzmom Members Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Once it was my birthday, all day I hung out with the kids at Blue Bayou so it was really late when i go to my ex's house.

But he heard the keys and when I walked in he was playing Happy Birthday on the trumpet. The cruise and trips we've been on counts but it's the littlest things that really imprints in my mind/
  • blakfyahking
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SMH @ the rest of these hard hearted chicks out here who have never been impressed by the opposite gender

who's to blame for that? :(
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    SMH @ the rest of these hard hearted chicks out here who have never been impressed by the opposite gender

who's to blame for that? :(
    That's why ? ? up out here homeboy. ? need to get a handle on things out here and stop letting these women run them like ? ! smh
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    When I was going home from work on Friday, a guy missed his bus and waited around for my bus to come so I wouldn't be at the dark bus stop alone....
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Most recent thing....

He bought some vanilla body wash for me cause when I shower at his house I have to use his guy stuff and I always comment on how I like to smell girly not like a man. He also got me a pink toothbrush :)
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Not extraordinary but times he showed he cared..

*There was a terrible storm (hard rain and thunder) in the city. Power lines going out, trees falling on cars and houses, floods.....it was ugly. I was around 21 and alone in my first apartment and he drove an hour and a half just to spend the night and keep me company so I wouldn't be alone. <3

*I got really sick and needed some serious medical attention. I was in the hospital for 3 days and he came to be with me every night after he got off work. Two of his homeys celebrated their birthdays that wk but he ditched clubbing and celebrating with them to be with me. <3

*I was never a fan of seafood and had never eaten anything outside of fish and fried shrimp, so one day we were chilling at his place and he bought and cooked crablegs, lobster tails and seasoned shrimp. It was my first time eating crab and lobster but I fell in love with crab meat, lobster not so much although the spices he used to cook it was delicious. I thought it was sweet to do all that and introduce me to something new. <3

*My birthday plans got canceled bc of a personal financial issue, and a couple months later the wkend before Valentines day he suprised me with a wkend trip to some cabins in the mountains. Loved it. <3
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Ms Eudoxie wrote: »
    Not extraordinary but times he showed he cared..

*There was a terrible storm (hard rain and thunder) in the city. Power lines going out, trees falling on cars and houses, floods.....it was ugly. I was around 21 and alone in my first apartment and he drove an hour and a half just to spend the night and keep me company so I wouldn't be alone. <3

*I got really sick and needed some serious medical attention. I was in the hospital for 3 days and he came to be with me every night after he got off work. Two of his homeys celebrated their birthdays that wk but he ditched clubbing and celebrating with them to be with me. <3

*I was never a fan of seafood and had never eaten anything outside of fish and fried shrimp, so one day we were chilling at his place and he bought and cooked crablegs, lobster tails and seasoned shrimp. It was my first time eating crab and lobster but I fell in love with crab meat, lobster not so much although the spices he used to cook it was delicious. I thought it was sweet to do all that and introduce me to something new. <3

*My birthday plans got canceled bc of a personal financial issue, and a couple months later the wkend before Valentines day he suprised me with a wkend trip to some cabins in the mountains. Loved it. <3

You still with this cat right?
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    taeboo wrote: »
    when i was going home from work on friday, a guy missed his bus and waited around for my bus to come so i wouldn't be at the dark bus stop alone....

be fo'real...
    He got them drawz didnt he??
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options

she better be dude cancelin clubbin, risking his life in storms, spending nights at hospitals
  • Ms Eudoxie
    Ms Eudoxie Members Posts: 406
    edited November 2011
    Options
    she better be dude cancelin clubbin, risking his life in storms, spending nights at hospitals

We've been through some thangs. Our relationship has had its share of pain, but we remain friends.....and more as of lately.
  • taeboo
    taeboo Members Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    be fo'real...
    He got them drawz didnt he??

Negative. No draws were given...