Movies That Made U Think

DarcSkies
DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
I and a few people loved that movies THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON but the consensus I get from people is it was stupid. but I loved it.

Anyway, that movie had hella quoteables in it that make think a bit or lines that say things you already knew but didnt put into words. Kinda make it sink in deeper.

What movie lines can you think of that made u think or think deeper or put a thought you already had into better words?

THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON

"Your life is defined by its opportunities... even the ones you miss"

"It's a funny thing about comin' home. Looks the same, smells the same, feels the same. You'll realize what's changed is you."

"For what it's worth: it's never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There's no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you're proud of. If you find that you're not, I hope you have the strength to start all over again. "

"Poor child, he got the worst of it. Come out white."

Comments

• des100
    des100 Members Posts: 99
    edited November 2011
    that movies was asscheeks
    my contribution:
    ghostdog
    more recently, sunset limited
  • Madbeats
    Madbeats Members Posts: 544
    edited November 2011
    I liked The Butterfly Effect as a whole. As far as actual lines from a movie I think of "Fight Club," when he says something about buying a bunch of nice stuff to decorate your life but sooner or later that stuff owns you. I can't remember the actual line.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    don't have any quotables from it, but district 9. a lot of people i know thought it was stupid & so did i at first, but if you replace the aliens with any ostracized group - black, ? , native american, etc. - it puts it in a different light.

another movie was last night.....this independent movie with with keira knightley, sam worthington, & eva mendes....but one line was "people don't change. at most your weight fluctuates & you start dressing differently." that was out to people who get in relationships hoping they can change their s/o.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    the good shepherd
  • ex-soldier
    ex-soldier Members Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    The Matrix & Matrix: Revolutions
    Fight Club
    Terminator (original)
    Boyz N the Hood
    School Daze / Do the Right Thing
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
  • Stephen-r
    Stephen-r Members Posts: 420 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off the best line in that movie is " how can the expect me to go to school on a day like this"
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Benjamin Button sucked to me but One movie I can say that made me think was Gattaca. I really do believe within this century the world will run be like that.
  • motabag
    motabag Members Posts: 5
    edited November 2011
    at the end when all the people and children of the people Schlindler saved (hundreds of them) laid flowers at his grave.
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    the man from earth
  • DarcSkies
    edited November 2011
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    the good shepherd
    great movie
    ? you and yo wack ass pro black ?
    i hate "you" too...? YOU...we should beat the ? out of YOU.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I always wondered when I watched People Under the Stairs... How come Spenser turned extra white and they explained his death by saying he was scared to death... Like wtf
  • Biggwillie
    Biggwillie Members Posts: 1,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Benjamin Button was not as bad as people are saying if you have an open mind that is.
    Fahrenheit 911 was a GOAT documentary. Michael Moore is that dude.
    I dont think many people would agree or even think this way but Avatar had racial undertones of how one set of people can just go into another set of peoples country with military force and take their natural resorces to use for themselves. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    des100 wrote: »
    sunset limited

This ? right here.. criminally slept on.
    allied wrote: »
    Benjamin Button sucked to me but One movie I can say that made me think was Gattaca. I really do believe within this century the world will run be like that.

I stay putting people on to Gattaca..
  • DarcSkies
    edited November 2011
    Biggwillie wrote: »
    Benjamin Button was not as bad as people are saying if you have an open mind that is.
    Fahrenheit 911 was a GOAT documentary. Michael Moore is that dude.
    I dont think many people would agree or even think this way but Avatar had racial undertones of how one set of people can just go into another set of peoples country with military force and take their natural resorces to use for themselves. Does that sound familiar to anyone?
    VERY TRUE.

I think a lot of white people were mad at that ? lol I think i read a few salty comments on message boards which is why I wanted to see the movie. because at first I wasnt interested. When I heard it had "deeper" meaning I wanted to watch and it was a really good movie.
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Damn....didn't realize that many people weren't feeling Bejamin Button...that movie was dope as hell....
  • Esiam
    Esiam Banned Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Crash (2004)...

It made me think about racism and the complexity to it and like the background of it, it was weird for me because I actually liked a white racist (Matt Dillon) in the movie, I've always had a strong disliking for racists but it kinda made me change my view on racism I guess in a sense, or at least gave me sort of a bigger understanding of it... Actually much more so than American History X...
  • bankrupt baller
    bankrupt baller Members Posts: 12,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    the man from earth

am i the only one who seen this?
  • StreetMediaZone
    StreetMediaZone Banned Users Posts: 364
    edited November 2011
    memento .... it is a independent flick