Will America attack/bomb Iran by this or next year??

Options
2»

Comments

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yep the sanctions are coming fast and furious nowadays, despite most of the world completely ignoring them. The powers that be are getting mighty frustrated, but it looks like Russia is talking tough on America now. Just yesterday, Russia said it might blow up American missle sites pointed at Iran. The president of Russia has said those missle sites are a threat to Russia itself.....that kind of talk wasn't heard before, so even Russia is noticing something is up.

http://news.yahoo.com/medvedev-russia-may-target-missile-defense-sites-123047622.html

Russia considers the plans for missile shields in Europe, including in Romania and Poland, to be a threat to its nuclear forces, but the Obama administration insists they are meant to fend off a potential threat from Iran.

Moscow has agreed to consider NATO's proposal last fall to cooperate on the missile shield, but the talks have been deadlocked over how the system should operate. Russia has insisted that the system should be run jointly, which NATO has rejected.

Medvedev also warned that Moscow may opt out of the New START arms control deal with the United States and halt other arms control talks if the U.S. proceeds. The Americans had hoped that the treaty would stimulate progress further ambitious arms control efforts, but such talks have stalled over tension on the missile plans.

"The United States and its NATO partners as of now aren't going to take our concerns about the European missile defense into account," a stern Medvedev said, adding that if the alliance continues to "stonewall" Russia it will take retaliatory action."
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It looks like Russia is willing to protect Iran from America. Maybe Jank is right, maybe nothing will pop off. A war against Iran with Russia and possibly China getting involved (due to important gasoline exports) is SO not worth it. As much as I criticize Obama, I give him some credit for showing some restraint. Let's see how long that lasts. Cuz under a Republican president, I don't know how much restraint would be shown, based on the comical GOP debates from Tuesday
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Hey, I'm just asking a serious question. America is constantly putting sanctions on Iran, same thing it did with Iraq in the lead up to war. War might not erupt this minute but something does seem up.
    however, the US has been putting sanctions on Iran in one form or another since 1979. so i don't think the "we sanctioned Iraq and then war happened" theory is going to pan out here.
    the us has been sending drones into pakistan for a minute now and i know that for a fact i just came back from afghan from a yr long deployment in rc north our mission stop the taliban before they get to pakistan to hide
    i don't think anyone considers drones in Pakistan the same thing as "invading Pakistan."
    Alkindus wrote: »
    lol offcourse we're the cool cats jank
    FINALLY someone admits it
    Alkindus wrote: »
    but yeah was pretty much thinking long term 10-40 years approx...the revolutions are still far from over but by then I would expect some sort of new status quo/social democracies with the most basic freedoms most of us here take for granted to be fully operational in most of northern Africa/parts of the mid east and those new governments and free societies would most def make it hard for oppresive regimes like that of Iran, S.Arabia and Israel to function and would seeze to exist. I know it's wishfull thinking....but still, nobody expected the revolutions to take place in the first place...
    i don't think saying "in 40 years, Egypt will be functional" is wishful thinking. it's reasonable. thinking it'd be fully functional incredibly quickly would be wishful.
    I certainly hope the day occurs when American opinion overwhelmingly turns against Israel.
    ...and this would be completely counterproductive. Israel's a very frustrating nation, but if American opinion "overwhelmingly turns against it," it's not really going to help resolve the problem.
    Maybe Jank is right
    the best post
    A war against Iran with Russia and possibly China getting involved (due to important gasoline exports) is SO not worth it.
    i don't even understand how this could be considered a likely scenario