For the R & B experts what do you reccomend?

Options
dizzmatic89
dizzmatic89 Members Posts: 721
edited November 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
Yo whenever I'm chilling with my girl she hates the music I play on iPod, which is mostly hip hop. I don't know too much about R and B to be honest, I used to be a fan but not so much anymore. I'm feeling that Drake album tho, what are some songs you reccomend that I can play? She doesn't have an iPod so we just have to listen to my ? .

Can you help me out

Edit: I'm digging that Frank Ocean nostalgia, ultra and Miguel's radio ? is pretty dope, is his album good?

Also I've always liked Beyonce and Alicia Keys

Comments

• duke swayze
    duke swayze Members Posts: 39
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Yo whenever I'm chilling with my girl she hates the music I play on iPod, which is mostly hip hop. I don't know too much about R and B to be honest, I used to be a fan but not so much anymore. I'm feeling that Drake album tho, what are some songs you reccomend that I can play? She doesn't have an iPod so we just have to listen to my ? .

Can you help me out

Edit: I'm digging that Frank Ocean nostalgia, ultra and Miguel's radio ? is pretty dope, is his album good?

Try old school...

• toomy
    toomy Members Posts: 369
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Here's another good one.

You are my Starship- cover by Kenny Latimore original by Norman Connors

• booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I feel sorry for those people born after 1985 because you will be too young to remember when music used to be really good, really creative. now today any idiot with Fruity Loops think they are a producer..

The growth of Hip Hop is stunted because they got nothing to say but how they sell drugs and how rich they are and how broke you are! R&B is life support. its pretty lousy out there. people are talking about what an artist looks like, if they got a sextape, who they dating, if they got trouble with the law instead of the quality of the music itself!!

I will recommend these!

ROGER TROUTMAN - COMPUTER LOVE
    PRINCE - ADORE
    GUY - A PIECE OF MY LOVE
    READY FOR THE WORLD - TONIGHT
    LUTHER VANDROSS - SO AMAZING

those are 5 of the best R&B ballads of the 80's. Throw that on. your girl with stop sqawking and will think you are sophisticated..

Can you help me out