A slow increase into the world religious zealotry

Options
Shuffington
Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
A slow increase into the world OF religious zealotry

NOT A DISS THREAD! JUST A REAL THREAD.......FEEL ME?

• Have you witnessed a close friend or family member slowly surge into strong fanatical religiosity?
• If anything what did you do?

I guess it wasnt a slow surge but....I had a cousin just one day turn into this fanatical christian. We considered her "normal" then she became this insanely religious nomad, walking long ass distances, stopped bathing and eventually just moved into my aunts basement. After every sentences she would yell "thank you Jesus!!!! accompanied by a scripture. She would call up my mom and tell her that she got a message from my moms deceased mom...

just f*cking creepy.

Now my fam being religious church go-ers who all subscribe to the same ? would just laugh it off.. like "haha, must be the holy ghost"

sad to say, that another close relative of mind is heading in that direction....

Comments

• MarcAntoine
    MarcAntoine Members Posts: 151
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Alot of ? look at me that way. Stopped ? , smokin on dat ? (hardest one to let go), fighting, even scaled back on drinking. I jus think when u real serious about your beliefs it consumes your life. Not sayin Ima ? somebody or stop bathing it's jus that u either hot or cold no lukewarm.

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:"
    Matthew 7:13