How are y'all at getting the bills paid?

Options
kat2180
kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
Not financially, but actually keeping things in order and making sure everything gets paid in a timely manner?

Those living at home or only paying one or two bills need not respond.

I'm looking for people running households.

Comments

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I pay all my bills on the same day. I do the math to see how much everything comes to then just spend one morning cutting checks. It' s usually bout a week before the end of the month so that I dont forget anything...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Automatic Bill Pay through the Internet/Phone

Gotta keep an eye open for extra charges, tho:

Car Insurance
    Home Insurance
    Phone/Inet/Cable
    Car Payment
    PG&E (a specific amount every month)
    Water/Garbage
    all comes out of through Auto Bill Pay.

Never had an issue with Auto Pay but the only bad thing up is if your card gets cut off due to Security Issues (somebody you did business with at anytime got hacked), then you get a new card number and you gotta reset everything else up again. Sucks. But overall, I do the Auto Bill Pay, set the bills to get paid on certain dates and check my acct a couple of days later.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i dont stress on the wack bills like internet and gas n ? ....i pay the due amount only....rent, u gotta keep that good of course (pay ahead if u get a chance)....and i was doing my car note in pieces there for a min lol....? whatever works for you tho...people maintain differently....my daily expenses outside of bills is what kills me....i know this and still do the same ? smh

EDIT: i DO NOT ? with auto-pay no more...them hoes do what they want and can snatch money when they feel like it

i pay rent & lights online cuz its a dollar....i get all my cash out in one ? for the rest....no swiping/transaction/ATM fees
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Automatic deduction from my direct deposit account into my other bank account

Manually pay em to keep an eye out for any ?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ? comes in the mail. I check my bank account to see how much doe I'm gonna have left when the checks go through. I write the checks and send them out in the mail.
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    HAF BAYKED wrote: »
    my daily expenses outside of bills is what kills me....i know this and still do the same ? smh

real ? right here......

or rather my weekend expenses ? my budget
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I forgot to pay the light bill, hope they cut it back on before I get home. :(
  • Paul Hate.
    Paul Hate. Members Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    pay face to face,due date,balance due..only way to do things for me..
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    add up my totals for the bills (the average) then i cut that in half, so if my bills are 1100, then i tell the bank to take 550 out of each of my checks, deposit into checking, then the rest goes to savings. all my bills except rent are automatically debited to my checking. Sometimes ill have to transfer more to my checking in case i go over on the internet or phone usage. never a whole lot tho. But i always got rent at the beginning of the month and everything else in the middle so it works just about everytime i get paid. sometimes it will bill before i get paid and wont work, so ill have to call them when i get paid to pay.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I pay my ? ahead of time so I don't stress. You can call and see how much you owe and just pay that ?
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kat2180 wrote: »
    I forgot to pay the light bill, hope they cut it back on before my man gets home. :(
    ' '
  • deeroc22
    deeroc22 Members Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    basically what was said in here...only issue is basically all the bills cept electricity are due at the end of the month... so its always a big lump sum coming out at once.. i hate that ? .
  • Shuffington
    Shuffington Members Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I still cut checks like an old head... then I support the post office and by forever stamps and mail them off.
    My student loan is automatic though.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I still cut checks like an old head... then I support the post office and by forever stamps and mail them off.
    My student loan is automatic though.
    This, especially if I have time to drop it off. If it's 2 weeks out, it's in the mail. Plus it's a P.O. here on campus and I go over on my lunch break and get all my money orders and mail them ? off.
  • Idi Amin Dada
    Idi Amin Dada Members Posts: 3,192 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Everything gets withdrawn from my account.
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @ kat- what the hell? u forgot?.....we would be sparring when i got home smh....i hope u got some food and fun planned for that man
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    pay all mine online honestly.. peep the due date pay them ? accordingly.. no rent mortgagte (house paid off) so lights/gas first cell phone etc etc.. cable/internet comes last. i pay that ? when i feel like it
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I memorized all my due dates
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I pay my bills twice a month

I keep a digital ledger, I pay online, but I don't do automatic bill pay
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    @ kat- what the hell? u forgot?.....we would be sparring when i got home smh....i hope u got some food and fun planned for that man

"I forgot" means "I spent the money"
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Everything withdrawn electronically from my account. I pay rent directly to my landlord though, i need to physically hand them my money with a receipt to make sure no shady ? goes on.

I also check my bank account daily, ? like me ain't getting no overdrawn fee. ? knows when i use to ? with Bank of America they would ? me with fees.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options

aka she didn't have the money till next bill period
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Kat out here living like Florida Evans

damn.gif
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I'm a beast wit' it, credit score is tight.