remember buying hip hop albums before hearing any tracks?

TheBeeShine
TheBeeShine Members Posts: 40
edited November 2011 in The Essence
those were the good old days... check out Hezekiah speaking on it...

TheBeeShine.com presents: What Inspires Hezekiah

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I remember this. almost every tuesday i was at sam goody seeing what was new. if i knew it wasnt gonna be no good i went ahead and picked up an old album i missed. Then i found out how to download and oh lawd
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I Still do really, i tried my best to ignore Nas - Nasty track... but i had to hear it!!

Ive done this for a lot of albums, its how i got into Atmosphere (my favorite group) i just copped WLGYL without hearing any of the songs.... One of my favorite albums ever...Then i got into the rest of their catalogue..
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    yea i remember that ? . it was always hit or miss with that tho. and i still do that for some reason. but with itunes i can sample b4 i buy. but if its an artist i know and like then ill go ahead and buy the album with out listening hope that i can trust that they have a good album.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    I Still do really.

Same here. This is a borderline spam thread but I'll let it slip given people's interest.

I don't see why people check nigh on the whole album, always leads to disappointment. I'll listen to the single, but then we always heard the single anyways.
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    I remember doing that a long time ago. But like another poster said, woo internet. Haha.
  • Sep-00
    Sep-00 Members Posts: 210
    edited November 2011
    yep, every tuesday i used to go to this mom and pop store and would buy something new. the two that stand out the most without hearing a track is common's resurrection and mad skillz from where