Are some of the complaints that men make warranted?

5th Letter
5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
edited March 2010 in The Powder Room
On the IC we get threads all the time about women doing foul stuff to men, but how much of it do you think is warranted, and how much is it just the men being bitter?

Comments

• haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    most of it is bitterness

most of the things I see them complain about doesn't even have to do with gender, but more so poor choices in picking a mate do to age and inexperience
  • DarcSkies777
    DarcSkies777 Members Posts: 5,600 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Nope. You're all perfect and they're just "bitter" and "immature" and just cant find any success with a "real strong black woman" so they get on-line and take it out on you beautiful perfect sistas in Christ.

*annnnd scene*

You know damn well it's warranted.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Nope. You're all perfect and they're just "bitter" and "immature" and just cant find any success with a "real strong black woman" so they get on-line and take it out on you beautiful perfect sistas in Christ.

*annnnd scene*

well don't know about all that.....lol

but speaking as a man (no pun) myself
    I do find out hard to believe a guy with a succesful & consisit record with picking & choosing females he "interact" with

would constantly complain about his experinces with woman

I mean how offered a does Jordan complain about not winning a ring?

and now of days ranting online is therapic to alot people
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited January 2010

*annnnd scene*

oh snap looks who's back

anyways...

No it's not all warranted...........alot of male posters have never really dealt with a real woman in a real relationship t begin with.

Sure there are some trife women out there but not all women are the same. On the IC...... folks love to put everyone in the same box though.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited January 2010
    a.mann wrote: »
    well don't know about all that.....lol

but speaking as a man (no pun) myself
    I do find out hard to believe a guy with a succesful & consisit record with picking & choosing females he "interact" with

would constantly complain about his experinces with woman

I mean how offered a does Jordan complain about not winning a ring?

and now of days ranting online is therapic to alot people
    Well Jordan has won multiple rings. If you've had MULTIPLE females then obviously you havent had much success correct (far as relationships not sex)? So the comparison isnt sound in this case seeing as though the point of a ring in the NBA is to win as many as possible and the point of a ring in a relationship is to only get ONE that is special at your wedding.

The underlying thing most males I see on this board complaining about is double standards and women saying they want one thing yet acting in another way. The core issue with most of these guys is "females want the perks of manhood but not the responsibilities and drawbacks." Now whether you disagree with the way they deliver that message or the reason they choose to speak about that message (bitterness, anger, woman hatred, self-hatred, *place Oprah Winfrey Sister-2-Sister Magazine answer here*), you have to admit that they do have a point. Hell you cant dismiss something as infactual just because it came by way of rant. Malcolm X ranted too. But he was RIGHT (I'm not comparing them to Malcolm just saying that just because you rant doesnt mean your rant is wrong.)

*I wrote more but yall aint trying to read a book...deleted titangraph* lol
  • DarcSkies777
    edited January 2010
    ..actually ? it..maybe you are since we having a semi-serious (as serious as the IC gets at least) discussion*

(con't) Dismissing them as simple mindless losers generally just makes them think "see, they cant prove me wrong therefore I must be right. So let me talk some more ? ." It's counterproductive and just makes you look like you're dodging the/their truth and making ad hominid (sic?) attacks because you know you're wrong.

However, I do agree that if you can not find a decent person in a pool of millions YOU are the main problem. But lets not pretend most of these dudes arent correct in their assessment of MOSTwomen (not some, that's the easy way out. It's really MOST). What about men you ask? They aint ? either. The difference is, however, a woman will continuously go after the same type of man and get the same result and ? and moan. A man gets his heart broken one good time and he saying "? these hoes" on his 60th B-Day. Meanwhile a woman will chase a thug til she 42 years old with 3 1/2 kids.

Are they ALWAYS right? Of course not. But they arent always wrong either.
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2010
    not saying that some women don't deserve to be bashed. I'm sure they certainly do.

it's just when that seem to be the prominent opinion of a group of guys.....it's is noteworthy

and the point of the MJ analogy wasn't to be taken in a literal sense.

More of the line of MJ's success and consistency of winning

that he never complained about losing

A guy that's successful and consist with his dealing with women (whether it be 1,2, or 3,)

will hardly waste time & energy ? ' and complain about the negative ? of a select few.

Yes there are golddiigers, yes there are ones that only chase thugs, yes some are hoes, etc etc,
    these type of women for good or bad have always been and will be around.

so wasting time and energy worrying and pondering the how and why of them is pure foolish.

and if they are the only type of women a guy seems to attract...as stated ...it's not the women its him.

he needs to really check himself....whether his style of dress, hangout spot or even social circle there's something about him is that draws this negative toward himself.

for the most part...

I really believe you are what you attract.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited January 2010
    a.mann wrote: »
    not saying that some women don't deserve to be bashed. I'm sure they certainly do.

it's just when that seem to be the prominent opinion of a group of guys.....it's is noteworthy

and the point of the MJ analogy wasn't to be taken in a literal sense.

More of the line of MJ's success and consistency of winning

that he never complained about losing

A guy that's successful and consist with his dealing with women (whether it be 1,2, or 3,)

will hardly waste time & energy ? ' and complain about the negative ? of a select few.

Yes there are golddiigers, yes there are ones that only chase thugs, yes some are hoes, etc etc,
    these type of women for good or bad have always been and will be around.

so wasting time and energy worrying and pondering the how and why of them is pure foolish.

and if they are the only type of women a guy seems to attract...as stated ...it's not the women its him.

he needs to really check himself....whether his style of dress, hangout spot or even social circle there's something about him is that draws this negative toward himself.

for the most part...

I really believe you are what you attract.

We agree. We just disagree on why we agree lol

We do disagree on the SOME and MOST points though. It's not just SOME of them. I just believe that that SOME women who are decent are still in the hundreds of thousands and if you cant find one it's because YOU are doing something wrong.
  • hood president
    hood president Members Posts: 242 ✭✭
    edited January 2010
    Yeah its warranted. They may not say it in the softest tone or nicest way but it warranted.
  • dr. zero_ahh
    dr. zero_ahh Members Posts: 299
    edited February 2010

*annnnd scene*

You know my personal views on a lot, so I'll save the titangraph. Yet I'll say, it look like a lot of these ? dunno what to look for and keep choosing whatever makes them happy sexually. So then it's like "how you talking about them when all you doing is ? trife ass women?" So yeah, for some, the YOU element needs to be emphasized.
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
  • t0wers
    t0wers Members Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    word werd wurd
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    You know what's interesting about these threads?

There are never any women in them...
  • DarcSkies777
    edited February 2010
    BEAM wrote: »
    You know what's interesting about these threads?

There are never any women in them...

I noticed that too. Then again...there's not much they can say.
  • Madam Speaker
    Madam Speaker Members Posts: 259
    edited February 2010
  • prttybrowneyez
    prttybrowneyez Members Posts: 10
    edited February 2010
    I feel it just depends on the situation and the issue itself. If a man feels he needs to voice his opinions and thoughts by yelling and talking to me like I'm a 2 year old he will not be heard. Simply tell me what's bothering you by having a conversation instead of arguing without constantly making me feel like I'm a burden in your life or the main source to your everyday stress.
  • CILondon
    CILondon Members Posts: 8
    edited March 2010
    People are always complaing about the Black woman's attitude - angry black woman this angry black woman that but I don't agree and I think that when a woman gets angry - she is usually justified.

http://www.lifeinbiglondon.com/2009/12/12/7-things-you-should-know-about-black-women/
  • BEAM
    BEAM Members Posts: 2,560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    CILondon wrote: »
    People are always complaing about the Black woman's attitude - angry black woman this angry black woman that but I don't agree and I think that when a woman gets angry - she is usually justified.

http://www.lifeinbiglondon.com/2009/12/12/7-things-you-should-know-about-black-women/

Wow. Way to give a blanket benefit of the doubt.

Personally, a lot of women that I've come in contact with get heated for not only the wrong reasons, but unrealistic and selfish reasons as well. Not to say men don't too, but then again based on my experience, men don't necessarily get mad over those kinds of things...
  • jenspeter
    jenspeter Members Posts: 12
    edited March 2010
    I truly agree with it, I have never seen any black women getting angry like this.
  • sdrawkcabseh
    sdrawkcabseh Members Posts: 1,237 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    jenspeter wrote: »
    I truly agree with it, I have never seen any black women getting angry like this.

Seriously??????