Simple question, who is the best NFL qb? Rodgers,Brady,Brees?

Options
13»

Comments

• PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »
    *ahh advise you to check out the jets game, was hit and rushed out the pocket and made plays, has done that quite a few times this year, please stop with the whole pocket passer to mobile QB rant. (or brady is not better because he can't move like rodgers moves)

it's been going on for years now, yes a mobile QB can get out of the pocket, but as history and facts show manning and brady arent mobile and have careers that rodgers is chasing right now.

dont need to be moblie if you are accurate enough, and EVERY QB gets flustered once they get hit alot, it's the whole point of rushing the passer, any analyst will tell you that. and this oline ? gotta stop, because brady gets hit quite a bit. Dying when ? exaggerate what brady has compared to other QBs past, present and future.

his oline is a steel wall now, according to posters but yet DEs get hits and sacks on him.
    rofl @ you using one game against the Jets to debate me. You're an idiot for acting like mobility doesnt matter. If Brady was a mobile QB, they would've went 19-0. He is not athletic. It's not about exaggerating what Brady has. It's about clarifying what Rodgers doesnt have, a good offensive line.

And this whole Miami argument is dumb. I already pointed out he was their leading receiver despite coming OFF THE BENCH of a ? offense, but you say nothing. Rod Smith was a back-up receiver and did next to nothing his first two years in Denver (389 Yds, 3 TDs). His first year as a starter. 1180 yards and 12 TDs. Like Wes Welker, all he needed was an opportunity.

Jimmy Smith couldnt even get on the field in Dallas. He never even caught a single plass, but put up Michael Irvin numbers in Jacksonville. If he played on a team that won more games or people actually watched, he'd be in the HOF.

Cris Carter started his last two seasons in Philly and despite alot of TDs, he only put up 1366 yards combined.
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    rofl @ you using one game against the Jets to debate me. You're an idiot for acting like mobility doesnt matter. If Brady was a mobile QB, they would've went 19-0. He is not athletic. It's not about exaggerating what Brady has. It's about clarifying what Rodgers doesnt have, a good offensive line.

*ahh advise you to check out the jets game, was hit and rushed out the pocket and made plays, has done that quite a few times this year

if i'm an idiot then you remedial..because clear as day, i said he's done that quite a bit, referencing he's done that in more then one game. again you have to be remedial or just horrible at hating, because any and everyone knows they lost the superbowl because the defense didnt stop manning on that last drive, him being mobile had nothing to do with it.

Mobile QBs again havent not surpass any pocket passing QB..even the ones that run, the good ones still learn to stay in the pocket. Rodgers won a super bowl and is having a great season. Slow your rolll at trying to act like he's surpass the brady's and the manings...same b.s. katz were trying to kick with Vick and his abilities, and same hype katz were kicking when brees won his superbowl. Rodgers has had the better season this year, by no means does that make him a better QB overall over brady.

And this whole Miami argument is dumb. I already pointed out he was their leading receiver despite coming OFF THE BENCH of a ? offense, but you say nothing. Rod Smith was a back-up receiver and did next to nothing his first two years in Denver (389 Yds, 3 TDs). His first year as a starter. 1180 yards and 12 TDs. Like Wes Welker, all he needed was an opportunity.

Jimmy Smith couldnt even get on the field in Dallas. He never even caught a single plass, but put up Michael Irvin numbers in Jacksonville. If he played on a team that won more games or people actually watched, he'd be in the HOF.

Cris Carter started his last two seasons in Philly and despite alot of TDs, he only put up 1366 yards combined.

smh...me bring up him in miami and him playing now backs up the statement he has become a name in n.e. you know about him because he is in n.e. and who his QB is, he would have never put up these numbers if he didnt have the QB he has, again simpletic explanation

a wide out cant be great if he is not getting the ball, wide out cant be great if his QB can't get him the ball, a wide out cant be great if is not where he needs to be when the QB throws him the ball, if he is not on the same page as his QB with the knowlege of the play book and other teams defense.

welker would be welker now with brees, rodgers manning, and brady. welker would be what he was wiith the fins if he was with sanchez, tebow, or any below average QB.

ex: B.Marshall aint doing ish in miami why is that??

and you bring up any other wide out shinning in other places is irrelevant to my point because the fact remains that theirs been other wide outs who were able to still perform with lesser talented QBs. again making my point.
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Thats fine taking brady over them

But saying welker wouldn't be the same anywhereelse is stupid

The midget white boy would still shine same way with brees and rodgers
  • hALF_pAST_7EVEN
    hALF_pAST_7EVEN Members Posts: 142 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ brady still being mentioned as the best

Rodgers and brees are light years ahead of that ? ?

But on the real, tim tebow got next b
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    kAjUn wrote: »

I disagree, props to ghost for speaking the truth, I dont have a problem with rodgers winning this poll right now, hes the defending champ and only getting better, but lets be honest the packers have a better overall squad than the pats, rodgers has more to work with and thats a fact, what kills me is I love welker and i know hes a great slot reciever, am i convinced hes the greatest slot reciever of all time...nope, am i convinced he would put up these ridiculous numbers on any other team...nope, some of these other dudes are bringing up a bunch of other nonsense that really has nothing to do with the point im trying to make, when i brang up deion branch I was comparing the hype around the player more than i was the stats of the two players, this is welkers contract year, if he doesnt come back to the pats for whatever reason there will be a ton of threads on welker underachieving and ill be looking for pancho trust me

As far as me being biased and picking Brady, as a home fan of the man, going back to 06 i believe he should have a 4th ring if che caldwell could catch a wide open pass (twice), just how i see it brady got it done he didnt have he help, so they went out and got moss and welker, he puts together the greatest regular season for a qb of all time with 50 td's and an undefeated record, loses in the superbowl that had plenty of chances to be sealed (helmet catch, asante dropping the ball), comes back in 08 gets his knee blown out, comes back in 09 never really 100% without josh mcdaniel and still has a great season, leads ne to the playoffs when he really had no business even making it (considering seymour was traded to oakland, vrabel to kc, bruschi and harrison retired) and welker tore his knee up last game of the year, comes out in 2010 puts together a 14-2 season even tho welker was never 100% and the whole moss escapade, got traded, brang in branch, te's were rookies, running game never really established, defense still rebuilding, smh at anyone betting the pats in the playoffs last year, i seen it coming, this year we might make to the superbowl off the fact that the afc is bumjuice, i know brady in the regular season makes it seem like a guy like chad johnson isnt important but we definitly could use a great wideout come playoff time, and nobody wants to see sergio brown, sterling moore, tarpinian, molden, etc.. help lead the defense to a superbowl more than me, but lets be realistic if the pats make it to the superbowl let alone it win it, its because of one man under center, we have one really great player on the defense side of the ball and thats wilfork, dont say mayo or mccourty please its not true, mayo is solid but not what hes cracked up to be and mccourty got undrafted players outplaying him, and only on the ic is welker considered the greatest slot reciever of all time, hes great but lets be realistic

I dont care if Shilansky is easily convinced lol!
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Lol @ brady still being mentioned as the best

Rodgers and brees are light years ahead of that ? ?

But on the real, tim tebow got next b

yea now we take you serious
  • kAjUn
    kAjUn Members Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I disagree, props to ghost for speaking the truth, I dont have a problem with rodgers winning this poll right now, hes the defending champ and only getting better, but lets be honest the packers have a better overall squad than the pats, rodgers has more to work with and thats a fact, what kills me is I love welker and i know hes a great slot reciever, am i convinced hes the greatest slot reciever of all time...nope, am i convinced he would put up these ridiculous numbers on any other team...nope, some of these other dudes are bringing up a bunch of other nonsense that really has nothing to do with the point im trying to make, when i brang up deion branch I was comparing the hype around the player more than i was the stats of the two players, this is welkers contract year, if he doesnt come back to the pats for whatever reason there will be a ton of threads on welker underachieving and ill be looking for pancho trust me

As far as me being biased and picking Brady, as a home fan of the man, going back to 06 i believe he should have a 4th ring if che caldwell could catch a wide open pass (twice), just how i see it brady got it done he didnt have he help, so they went out and got moss and welker, he puts together the greatest regular season for a qb of all time with 50 td's and an undefeated record, loses in the superbowl that had plenty of chances to be sealed (helmet catch, asante dropping the ball), comes back in 08 gets his knee blown out, comes back in 09 never really 100% without josh mcdaniel and still has a great season, leads ne to the playoffs when he really had no business even making it (considering seymour was traded to oakland, vrabel to kc, bruschi and harrison retired) and welker tore his knee up last game of the year, comes out in 2010 puts together a 14-2 season even tho welker was never 100% and the whole moss escapade, got traded, brang in branch, te's were rookies, running game never really established, defense still rebuilding, smh at anyone betting the pats in the playoffs last year, i seen it coming, this year we might make to the superbowl off the fact that the afc is bumjuice, i know brady in the regular season makes it seem like a guy like chad johnson isnt important but we definitly could use a great wideout come playoff time, and nobody wants to see sergio brown, sterling moore, tarpinian, molden, etc.. help lead the defense to a superbowl more than me, but lets be realistic if the pats make it to the superbowl let alone it win it, its because of one man under center, we have one really great player on the defense side of the ball and thats wilfork, dont say mayo or mccourty please its not true, mayo is solid but not what hes cracked up to be and mccourty got undrafted players outplaying him, and only on the ic is welker considered the greatest slot reciever of all time, hes great but lets be realistic

I dont care if Shilansky is easily convinced lol!

Homie I kno brady is yall montana but come on lets be objective here

I give u brady is a winner and ? cause u cant deny that

But brees and rodgers have just as good as a arm n read defenses as good as brady.

Brady wasnt always putting up big numbers before welker era as your post indicated

So he clearly benefitting vice versa as much too

But whatever we all gonna believe what u want to believe
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Homie I kno brady is yall montana but come on lets be objective here

I give u brady is a winner and ? cause u cant deny that

But brees and rodgers have just as good as a arm n read defenses as good as brady.

Brady wasnt always putting up big numbers before welker era as your post indicated

So he clearly benefitting vice versa as much too

But whatever we all gonna believe what u want to believe

I would never put Brady above Montana, until he makes it undeniable that hes the goat, unlike that ? that already put peyton above montana. As far as not putting up numbers before welker, he may have not broke records but he put up good numbers and won 3 rings. Nuff said.
  • PanchoYoSancho
    PanchoYoSancho Members Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    if i'm an idiot then you remedial..because clear as day, i said he's done that quite a bit, referencing he's done that in more then one game. again you have to be remedial or just horrible at hating, because any and everyone knows they lost the superbowl because the defense didnt stop manning on that last drive, him being mobile had nothing to do with it.

Mobile QBs again havent not surpass any pocket passing QB..even the ones that run, the good ones still learn to stay in the pocket. Rodgers won a super bowl and is having a great season. Slow your rolll at trying to act like he's surpass the brady's and the manings...same b.s. katz were trying to kick with Vick and his abilities, and same hype katz were kicking when brees won his superbowl. Rodgers has had the better season this year, by no means does that make him a better QB overall over brady.
    1. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut. Brady's not mobile QB, never has been. He's a great passer, but a terrible athlete. Brady isnt capable of doing what Rodgers//Romo/Roethslisberger are when under pressure. It's not debatable. There's nothing wrong with that, but the bottom line is if he played with the line in GB he'd be on his ass every other pass attempt. Nobody's talking about being mobile to run (even tho Rodgers is a great runner), it's about escaping pressure that most QBs, including Brady and Manning, arent capable of. They're great at avoiding a rush in a small space, but like I said, they cant do what Rodgers/Romo/Roethsliberger can do.

2. Steve Young and John Elway are two of the great running QB's of all time, and in the short time he's started, Rodgers has put himself in that class. ? that ? . Vick on the other hand is still yet to prove last year wasnt a fluke. We'll see what happens next year.

smh...me bring up him in miami and him playing now backs up the statement he has become a name in n.e. you know about him because he is in n.e. and who his QB is, he would have never put up these numbers if he didnt have the QB he has, again simpletic explanation

a wide out cant be great if he is not getting the ball, wide out cant be great if his QB can't get him the ball, a wide out cant be great if is not where he needs to be when the QB throws him the ball, if he is not on the same page as his QB with the knowlege of the play book and other teams defense.

welker would be welker now with brees, rodgers manning, and brady. welker would be what he was wiith the fins if he was with sanchez, tebow, or any below average QB.

ex: B.Marshall aint doing ish in miami why is that??

and you bring up any other wide out shinning in other places is irrelevant to my point because the fact remains that theirs been other wide outs who were able to still perform with lesser talented QBs. again making my point.
    1. You sound like a fool with this QB/WR argument. I already shut that down. Outside of Moss, every receiver considered amonst the greats has had a great QB throwing to him.

2. You bringing him up in Miami proves nothing. How many times do I have to point out this undrated white boy was leading his team in receiving his last year in Miami despite coming off the bench and playing with Joey Harrington's sorry ass? All this while being their primary punt and kick return man. You talk about Welker as if he was some 1st round draft pick starter bust before he got to New England. Bottom line is, New England saw something in him from playing in the same division all those years. No Patriots receiver in the Belichick/Brady era has come close to the number of catches this man has had year in and year out.

3. Welker is a slot man. All this dude does is run precise routes and get open. He doesnt drop ? and gets most of his yards on his own.

4. I gotta shut your B. Marshall argument down like I did dude's Deion Branch argument too? rofl

80.65 YPG in Denver....not counting his rookie season
    74.56 YPG in Miami

Ease on back.

1. lol...Aint nobody calling Welker the GOAT slot man. That goes to Mr. "All he does is catch Touchdowns" Carter.

2. If that day comes, which I doubt it will, I'll be waiting.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bradshaw got 4 rings and he's never in the top ten of qbs

But ? we all know Brady is the man. 2nd best QB of all time but ? said right now

Rodgers
    Brees
    Brady

Damn ? just let it go.

By the way Peyton is the best of all time
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Branch is not Welker. Never has been. Comparing a SB MVP to what Welker has been doing for 5 years is stupid. Branch had one season with more that 60 catches and only a near 1,000 yards season (998 yards in '05) and never came close outside of that season. And Branch put up the same numbers his first three years in Seattle despite missing 15 games.

rofl @ you calling Cassel a system QB. Your basically saying the same about Brady then.

Your argument is like saying Rice was a system player cause he played with two HOF QBs and a league MVP in Gannon. It makes no sense. Marvin Harrison always had Peyton. T.O. always had a good QB (Young/Garica/McNaab/Romo). That whole QB/WR gets tired.

? . The Packers O-line is not good. Hasnt been good for a long time.

? you aint get the memo? ? has been proven
  • ghost!
    edited November 2011
    Options

^^^ if this is directed at me, i suggest you read my last two post again

because the only nod i give brady over them is for their careers, i already said Rodgers is having the better season, behind him can be either brady or brees, but you would have to wait til after their seasons are over to judge

and i already said Welker would put up the same numbers if he was with brees, manning and rodgers. Again if this was directed at me, then i suggest you read more.
  • ghost!
    edited November 2011
    Options
    1. Even a blind squirrel can find a nut. Brady's not mobile QB, never has been. He's a great passer, but a terrible athlete. Brady isnt capable of doing what Rodgers//Romo/Roethslisberger are when under pressure. It's not debatable. There's nothing wrong with that, but the bottom line is if he played with the line in GB he'd be on his ass every other pass attempt. Nobody's talking about being mobile to run (even tho Rodgers is a great runner), it's about escaping pressure that most QBs, including Brady and Manning, arent capable of. They're great at avoiding a rush in a small space, but like I said, they cant do what Rodgers/Romo/Roethsliberger can do..

this will shut this whole mobility b.s. down, 1. you stating the manning and the bradys not being atheletic is a mute point, since everyone knows that...brady, manning>>>>>>rodgers/romo/big ben, that's for their careers and not just a season. THAT'S the biggest factor. If you at all are trying to make an arguement for any mobile QB in the league right now, using small simples aka what they are doing now for the season does not equate to what manning and brady have done for this era. Point blank, so all those mobile QBs still have a ways to go to even say because of their mobility they are better then the manning and brady, and that's what you are essentially saying. Because it's obvious a QB who can run out of the pocket gives them another weapon that a stable QB doesnt have, but as of yet the mobile QBs you talked about have not surpass the stable QBs in manning and brady, that's a fact., again anything you try to go off with Rodgers is only gonna be for a season aka a small sample as compared to a QB whose had seasons on top of season.., and i guess if manning is on the packers he wouldnt be good either, because he would be getting sacked alot. yeah because they are not mobile they are not better then rodgers is basically what you are saying...

2. Steve Young and John Elway are two of the great running QB's of all time, and in the short time he's started, Rodgers has put himself in that class. ? that ? . Vick on the other hand is still yet to prove last year wasnt a fluke. We'll see what happens next year.

what?? you comparing what s.young and j.elway has done for their careers to what rodgers is doing in ONE SEASON..one season, i'll even throw last year too and that still again would not equate to what HOFers have done their whole career, if you wanna say he is on pace say that, but dont even try to put a player with a small sample of work in the same class of HOFers who already done it...that's dumb...young and elway won league mvps among other accomplishments, rodgers hasnt even done that yet and you wanna put him in the same class as them.....just wow.

1. You sound like a fool with this QB/WR argument. I already shut that down. Outside of Moss, every receiver considered amonst the greats has had a great QB throwing to him.

ha ha dog you shut nothing down, because the arguement wasnt about other recievers and their repective careers, plann and simple referring to the year cassell played with welker and his yards were relatively the same as they were with brady., you questioned that...i pointed out

1. other wide outs who have done well with lesser talented QBs (that's nothing against welker), gave you those wide outs.

2. you gonna sit there and not recognize that same year moss was there and the type of offense they ran then,that welker didnt benefit from that??

again you gonna act like until he came to the pats and was thrown to by brady YOU KNEW WELKER WAS GONNA END UP BEING THIS GREAT? Him having the yards he had in miami only spells what's been already said. He was a good wide out, came to N.E., played with a great QB and is now on the tongues of everyone (no brokeback) and might actually be talked about as one of the better slot wide outs of all time. that's it there' s nothing you can bring into this agruement that cant tell anyone otherwise....

3. he's a slot wide out and typically they are suppose to gain yards because they arent being covered by DBs most of the time. it's the nature of the position (again nothing against welker or any other slot wide out, and not saying he's not good) But stop ignoring the fact him playing with brady has a huge part to his success, and he would have the same success if he was with brees, manning and rodgers, for the 1,000 times for those who like to skip over these type of points.

4. I gotta shut your B. Marshall argument down like I did dude's Deion Branch argument too? rofl

80.65 YPG in Denver....not counting his rookie season
    74.56 YPG in Miami

Ease on back..

and good job tugging on your own cape there, but given me ONE STAT. does not ever prove B.Marshall not being as productive, one stat never gives you the overall view of any player, maybe you but one stat among many does nothing.

ONE STAT...ha ha one stat and that somehow tells you a whole story! not touchdowns, total years, 1000 yard seasons.etc....but one stat!

ha ha and you feeling yourself with this..ha ha wow!
  • its....JOHN B
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Bradshaw got 4 rings and he's never in the top ten of qbs

But ? we all know Brady is the man. 2nd best QB of all time but ? said right now

Rodgers
    Brees
    Brady

Damn ? just let it go.

By the way Peyton is the best of all time

smh and i wasnt even talking about you