Prophecies That Came True

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Give me verses and it's factual outcomes that came true.

Not no figurative ? either such as; the tree shall die and again in 5 years be alive and fruitful. That type of ? can be attatched to anything, if that figurative ? flys so should Nostradamus' readings.

Comments

• fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    I just had a vision showing me that any "prophecies" posted in this thread will be ? .
  • BiblicalAtheist
    BiblicalAtheist Members Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    so should Nostradamus' readings.

Uhhh he wasn't inspired by ? , two, the loon used to get high and stare into a bowl of liquid for hours on end.

Just messing with ya Vibe ;)
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
  • VIBE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    why......???

Why do you need a reason? You guys should be jumping at opportunities to spread this knowledge?

I just want to know, not for reasons to debunk them either.
  • VIBE
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Uhhh he wasn't inspired by ? , two, the loon used to get high and stare into a bowl of liquid for hours on end.

Just messing with ya Vibe ;)

lol

Bet he would've been fun to kick it with, smoke a bowl and listen to him say ? lol
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Isaiah 66:17
    "They that sanctify themselves, and purify themselves in the gardens behind one tree in the midst, eating swine's flesh, and the abomination, and the mouse, shall be consumed together, saith the Lord."

Ezekiel 22:26
    Her priest have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and the profane, neither have they shewed difference between the unclean and the clean and have hid their eyes form my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them.

PORK EATING PREACHERS AND CHRISTIANS
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    VIBE86 wrote: »
    Why do you need a reason? You guys should be jumping at opportunities to spread this knowledge?

I just want to know, not for reasons to debunk them either.

Taking heed to proverbs I generally restrain myself from dumping mad jewels on boys when it comes to Bible knowledge...unless i sense a genuine 'thirst' or 'hunger' in the person for understanding. "A prudent man concealeth knowledge; But the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness." (Proverbs 12:23) Till then, i might throw a snack here and there but not more than that.

Ok, so here's a fun one: the fall of Jerusalem. "Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” (Matthew 24:1-2)

"For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. (Matthew 24:28)" <---the 'eagles' reprsnt the Roman army, surrounding Jerusalem, the dying carcass.

Read about it, third party references included, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_%2870%29
  • p-tavern
    p-tavern Members Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Taking heed to proverbs I generally restrain myself from dumping mad jewels on boys when it comes to Bible knowledge...unless i sense a genuine 'thirst' or 'hunger' in the person for understanding. "A prudent man concealeth knowledge; But the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness." (Proverbs 12:23) Till then, i might throw a snack here and there but not more than that.

Ok, so here's a fun one: the fall of Jerusalem. "Then Jesus went out and departed from the temple, and His disciples came up to show Him the buildings of the temple. And Jesus said to them, “Do you not see all these things? Assuredly, I say to you, not one stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down.” (Matthew 24:1-2)

"For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. (Matthew 24:28)" <---the 'eagles' reprsnt the Roman army, surrounding Jerusalem, the dying carcass.

Read about it, third party references included, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Jerusalem_%2870%29

To be fair, wasn't the Book of Matthew written after the fall of Jerusalem (about 37 years after Jesus' death), and hypothesized in some circles to have been written in response to community issues arising from the fall? I'm sure we are to assume that everything is 100% accurate and no words would have been put in his mouth after the fact, but I can't see that reasoning holding much weight with most people.
  • waterproof
    edited November 2011
    Options
    THE DESTRUCTION OF EGYPT

Ezekiel 30

30:1 The word of YHWH came again unto me, saying,

30:2 Son of man, prophesy and say, Thus saith the Sovereign YHWH; Howl ye, Woe worth the day

30:3 For the day is near, even the day of YHWH is near, a cloudy day; it shall be the time of the heathen.

30:4 And the sword shall come upon Egypt, and great pain shall be in Ethiopia, when the slain shall fall in Egypt, and they shall take away her multitude, and her foundations shall be broken down.

30:5 Ethiopia, and Libya, and Lydia, and all the mingled people, and Chub, and the men of the land that is in league, shall fall with them by the sword.

30:6 Thus saith YHWH; They also that uphold Egypt shall fall; and the pride of her power shall come down: from the tower of Syene shall they fall in it by the sword, saith the Sovereign YHWH.

30:7 And they shall be desolate in the midst of the countries that are desolate, and her cities shall be in the midst of the cities that are wasted.

30:8 And they shall know that I am YHWH, when I have set a fire in Egypt, and when all her helpers shall be destroyed.

30:9 In that day shall messengers go forth from me in ships to make the careless Ethiopians afraid, and great pain shall come upon them, as in the day of Egypt: for, lo, it cometh.

30:10 Thus saith the Sovereign YHWH; I will also make the multitude of Egypt to cease by the hand of Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon.

30:11 He and his people with him, the terrible of the nations, shall be brought to destroy the land: and they shall draw their swords against Egypt, and fill the land with the slain.

30:12 And I will make the rivers dry, and sell the land into the hand of the wicked: and I will make the land waste, and all that is therein, by the hand of strangers: I YHWH have spoken it.

30:13 Thus saith the Sovereign YHWH; I will also destroy the idols, and I will cause their images to cease out of Noph; and there shall be no more a prince of the land of Egypt: and I will put a fear in the land of Egypt.

30:14 And I will make Pathros desolate, and will set fire in Zoan, and will execute judgments in No.

30:15 And I will pour my fury upon Sin, the strength of Egypt; and I will cut off the multitude of No.

30:16 And I will set fire in Egypt: Sin shall have great pain, and No shall be rent asunder, and Noph shall have distresses daily.

30:17 The young men of Aven and of Pi-beseth shall fall by the sword: and these cities shall go into captivity.

30:18 At Tehaphnehes also the day shall be darkened, when I shall break there the yokes of Egypt: and the pomp of her strength shall cease in her: as for her, a cloud shall cover her, and her daughters shall go into captivity.

30:19 Thus will I execute judgments in Egypt: and they shall know that I am YHWH.

30:20 And it came to pass in the eleventh year, in the first month, in the seventh day of the month, that the word of YHWH came unto me, saying,

30:21 Son of man, I have broken the arm of Pharaoh king of Egypt; and, lo, it shall not be bound up to be healed, to put a roller to bind it, to make it strong to hold the sword.

30:22 Therefore thus saith the Sovereign YHWH; Behold, I am against Pharaoh king of Egypt, and will break his arms, the strong, and that which was broken; and I will cause the sword to fall out of his hand.

30:23 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and will disperse them through the countries.

30:24 And I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and put my sword in his hand: but I will break Pharaoh's arms, and he shall groan before him with the groanings of a deadly wounded man.

30:25 But I will strengthen the arms of the king of Babylon, and the arms of Pharaoh shall fall down; and they shall know that I am YHWH, when I shall put my sword into the hand of the king of Babylon, and he shall stretch it out upon the land of Egypt.

30:26 And I will scatter the Egyptians among the nations, and disperse them among the countries; and they shall know that I am YHWH.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    p-tavern wrote: »
    To be fair, wasn't the Book of Matthew written after the fall of Jerusalem (about 37 years after Jesus' death), and hypothesized in some circles to have been written in response to community issues arising from the fall? I'm sure we are to assume that everything is 100% accurate and no words would have been put in his mouth after the fact, but I can't see that reasoning holding much weight with most people.
    Still being fair, note worthy is the fact that not a single book in the New Testament refers to this event as having happened. It's very unlikely that the writers would leave out the very event that would give credence to Jesus prophecy if they had wrote about it after 70AD WHEN THE EVENT HAD ALREADY TAKEN PLACE. Which is also why some scholars conclude that every NT book was written before 70AD.

That's just one point regarding the issue of whether the New Testament was written in the same generation of which it speaks.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    and i know modern day skeptics who imagine themselves to be Bible scholars date the writings of the Gospels using dates after AD70 but that mostly has to do with the fact they can't imagine how someone could so accurately predict a future event such as this except through rearview...

the rest of it has to do with either them being ignant of the facts, or being purposely malicious.
  • p-tavern
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Still being fair, note worthy is the fact that not a single book in the New Testament refers to this event as having happened. It's very unlikely that the writers would leave out the very event that would give credence to Jesus prophecy if they had wrote about it after 70AD WHEN THE EVENT HAD ALREADY TAKEN PLACE. Which is also why some scholars conclude that every NT book was written before 70AD.

That's just one point regarding the issue of whether the New Testament was written in the same generation of which it speaks.
    True, but they weren't collectively being worked on either as far as I've learned. The Book of Matthew was basically written exclusive from the other books, and the authors of those books wouldn't know that it would all come together in one book later on for them to want and mention the fall of Jerusalem to give Jesus' prediction in Matthew credibility. I was more so implying that the author of Matthew himself would have added the quote after the fact to seem like it was prophesied, for whatever reason he'd have to reassure the people in that troubled time. I'm just a little skeptical on this particular prophesy since there's no way to be sure if it was made before or added after.
    and i know modern day skeptics who imagine themselves to be Bible scholars date the writings of the Gospels using dates after AD70 but that mostly has to do with the fact they can't imagine how someone could so accurately predict a future event such as this except through rearview...

the rest of it has to do with either them being ignant of the facts, or being purposely malicious.

I assure you my personal skepticism was aroused solely due to the chronology of the writings being up for debate. I don't feel that the fall of Jerusalem as a particular event would be impossible to predict by any means. I'm far from a Bible scholar, I just picked up on a fair amount of the teachings as a youth (admittedly through multiple, but mostly uniform, sources.)
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    True, but they weren't collectively being worked on either as far as I've learned. The Book of Matthew was basically written exclusive from the other books, and the authors of those books wouldn't know that it would all come together in one book later on for them to want and mention the fall of Jerusalem to give Jesus' prediction in Matthew credibility. I was more so implying that the author of Matthew himself would have added the quote after the fact to seem like it was prophesied, for whatever reason he'd have to reassure the people in that troubled time. I'm just a little skeptical on this particular prophesy since there's no way to be sure if it was made before or added after.
    Well just fyi Jesus same prophecy is recorded in Matthew, Mark, aswell as Luke. And people can have there skepticism even though “We can already say emphatically that there is no longer any solid basis for dating any book
    of the New Testament after 80 A.D.” - W. F. Albright, Biblical archaeologist
    I assure you my personal skepticism was aroused solely due to the chronology of the writings being up for debate. I don't feel that the fall of Jerusalem as a particular event would be impossible to predict by any means. I'm far from a Bible scholar, I just picked up on a fair amount of the teachings as a youth (admittedly through multiple, but mostly uniform, sources.)
    yea i though there's only two options to choose from..either the NT contains eyewitness accounts or they are purposeful lies.
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    I just had a vision showing me that any "prophecies" posted in this thread will be ? .

true so far.........
  • p-tavern
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Well just fyi Jesus same prophecy is recorded in Matthew, Mark, aswell as Luke. And people can have there skepticism even though “We can already say emphatically that there is no longer any solid basis for dating any book
    of the New Testament after 80 A.D.” - W. F. Albright, Biblical archaeologist
    True, I see.
    That quote doesn't seem to change anything.
    yea i though there's only two options to choose from..either the NT contains eyewitness accounts or they are purposeful lies.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, or not. Either way, that's a bit narrow.
  • fiat_money
    edited November 2011
    Options
    true so far.........
    Word, "predicting" the fall of an ancient empire/state/city is like predicting the death of a human.
  • judahxulu
    judahxulu Members Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    deuteronomy 28

ezekiel 34

daniel 2

and btw the usage of symbolism does not eliminate efficacy. one prophecy can emobody multiples points in mans concept of time. also hebraic prophecy is not meant to be viewed as a crystal ball or a pile of tea leaves (methods of divination). it speaks of relative results of applied knowledge and show POSSIBLE outcomes. westerners tend to apply greek framework to hebraic concepts and miss the mark totally. prophecy is not a declaration of fate. YHWH does not deal in fate. thats a greek goddess. we have free will, choices and infinite creative potential. this is the image man is created after in the cosmogyny of moses/b'raysheet/genesis.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    we have free will, choices and infinite creative potential. this is the image man is created after in the cosmogyny of moses/b'raysheet/genesis.

exactly. This is what I was saying earlier when I was tellin Dro that people put themselves first as the primary image and as a result, conclude that there is a man in the sky that loves and has desires and feelings, when that is not the case.

Off topic.. Did you say you studied the Tao? Can you recommend books on Taoism?
    Also, I'm looking for something along the lines of the hebrew texts that you are reading so I can get a better understanding of it
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    True, I see.
    That quote doesn't seem to change anything.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic here, or not. Either way, that's a bit narrow.
    i think i missed wut u was saying at first...but nah no sarcasm. all im saying is, if we are to accept that the prophecy was added after the fact, then the entire unity of the NT would collapse under questioning. It would call into question the authenticity of eye witness accounts - who 'added' it later? - it would call into question whether the writings were truly inspired - Jesus told His apostles that after He left to ascend back to Heaven, "the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all that I said to you. (John 14:26) - did ? forget to have them write about the prophecy the first time?? Questions like these ya dig...The Faith the Bible teaches just doesn't work if we don't accept ALL of it as the truth it rly is. I understand ppl struggle with the faith and have doubts and questions. But sometimes it's just easier to just accept the truth.
  • Rock_Well
    edited November 2011
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    Word, "predicting" the fall of an ancient empire/state/city is like predicting the death of a human.
    'Not ONE stone will be left on top one another'...that's the same as predicting a human will die. Rly?
  • waterproof
    edited November 2011
    Options
    judahxulu wrote: »
    deuteronomy 28

ezekiel 34

daniel 2

and btw the usage of symbolism does not eliminate efficacy. one prophecy can emobody multiples points in mans concept of time. also hebraic prophecy is not meant to be viewed as a crystal ball or a pile of tea leaves (methods of divination). it speaks of relative results of applied knowledge and show POSSIBLE outcomes. westerners tend to apply greek framework to hebraic concepts and miss the mark totally. prophecy is not a declaration of fate. YHWH does not deal in fate. thats a greek goddess. we have free will, choices and infinite creative potential. this is the image man is created after in the cosmogyny of moses/b'raysheet/genesis.

THANKS FOR THE KNOWLEDGE, I NEEDED THAT i tend to believe in fate but you gave me the jewels that was hidden from me, one day you will have to go deeper into that
  • fiat_money
    edited November 2011
    Options
    'Not ONE stone will be left on top one another'...that's the same as predicting a human will die. Rly?
    As noted above: A "prediction" made about something--after it occurs--isn't really a prediction.

So, following my example, that would be like "predicting" how a human will die, after they die.

"Hindsight is always 20/20."