Is management all that its cracked up to be?

Options
whatevathehell
whatevathehell Members Posts: 4,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in For The Grown & Sexy
anybody here in any type of supervisory position. Ive been in some but never as an head manager or an official one at least. Where I work at I was considering going that route but the more I look into it I think it is a waste. Like management is constantly changing...sure the employees get the grief but those guys often get the blame overall. Esp the mid level guys..the file and rank dudes usually hate em while the upper echelon treat em like tampons.

maybe I should change the thread to is management worth pursuing now in a job where there is a union for the regular employees and a sense of job security.

Comments

• youngwoodz
    youngwoodz Members Posts: 309
    edited November 2011
    Options
    In retail n Sellin Car Parts Hell no It's dat WOAT
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    Good Thread cuz next year (after years of dragging my feet) im bout to make that move to management....and the situation you named sounds identical to what they go through.
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    MY BOY JUST BECAME GM at Jimmy John's. Happy for my boy cuz he's been through alot ? and this job the only thing he's got.

He's been with them for 2 years, worked "delivery" then totaled his car then became an "in-shop", then gets kicked out his house, becomes "opener" 4am-10am., gets ? DUI while our old GM quits, so he asks for manager position so they train him n he becomes "assistant mgr", months later he schemes his way into the GM position by telling us (workers) to write letters n snitch out our GM so he can become GM. He submits the letters and the company sends him to chicago for training and 2 weeks later he's back and she's fired and he's the new and current GM.

He says its alot of work but its all easy ? . He works tues-sat 5am-3ish 4ish., makes $1200 every 2 weeks and gets a $1500-$3000 bonus check every month depending on how good the store does n gets 50% of it while the rest goes to the assistant mgr and the PIC (person in charge) basically a mgr just dont got the title.

'he really thinks karma doesnt exist??

really??....thats the ? u look up to..cuz "he's been through some ? "?? ..pathetic dawg
  • Plop Star
    Plop Star Members Posts: 8,833 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    ask a mod.....
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    'he really thinks karma doesnt exist??

really??....thats the ? u look up to..cuz "he's been through some ? "?? ..pathetic dawg

mann oh man
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    Options
    It's a lot more work, but the pay is good. I believe my boss is getting $4G's a month or at least should be in that ball park. In industrial you have to know your ? though, well you're suppose to anyway. Read blueprints, fit, drive heavy equipment, weld, paint, drive tractor trailers, milwright, QC, first aid procedures, OSHA basics, Job site basics, and etc. Basically, every position in the shop they have to be able to do and trouble shoot. Then you still gotta deal with the duties of being amongst management. A lot of people can't handle it and don't want it from what I see.

Closest I got was journey man on a night crew years ago. I was responsible for a crew of 4 or 5 I think. LOL, my young ass wasn't ready for that ? at all.
  • bignorm73
    bignorm73 Banned Users Posts: 5,031 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I been a manager for years.
    It sux. The pay is better, but you pay what you owe.
    Managers catch so much more hell than the front line guys.
    i been both. Matter of fact, in Aug. 1, we got a new upper manager,
    who took two of my guys, and since then has been my happiest time at
    this job.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I work at a pizza joint and my boss gotta manage 4 spots, n his life looks like it sucks, he has alot of paper work, gotta fix this gotta fix that, gotta dleiver this gotta deliver this, hear a complaints, ? askin for raises all the time, driving around, ? ? up cash out n he gotta fix it, all for like 20$ an hour, ? that ? B.
  • blackdemo
    blackdemo Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Im a supervisor at the spot tho for like 2 years, i gotta do some paper n deal with complaints but thats it, imagine bein a manager at a hospital, thats what i wanna do but even being a worker it stressful enough
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i always clash with mangers at jobs bc of the real ? i am.
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    PiffyHaze wrote: »
    i always clash with mangers at jobs bc of the real ? i am.

can you once and for all..break down what qualifies as a "real ? "?? every ? thinks they're the real ? ...but then every ? says the other ? aint real...so who's real and who aint?
  • PiffyHaze
    PiffyHaze Members Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    can you once and for all..break down what qualifies as a "real ? "?? every ? thinks they're the real ? ...but then every ? says the other ? aint real...so who's real and who aint?

real ? is a person who speak they mind and be their self at all times. not faking nor fronting. non "real ? " get mad and hate bc of it.
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Been in management for 4 years. If you can deal w/ the headaches, the perks make it worth it.