Do you think Here I Standwas judged unfairly.....

Options
rice n gravy
rice n gravy Members Posts: 3,324 ✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in R&B & Alternatives
because it followed Confessions? i mean as a stand alone album I put it Top 2 from Usher but since peeps were on Confessions so hard they seem to ? on it for no reason

what say you

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i'm biased because i don't like usher....like, at all....so unless he's droppin an album on 8701 or confessions status it'll get dissed heavily from me. i also think he shoulda chose different singles.
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Stand was a medicore for an artist of Usher's standards..

Lets face it Confessions was HIS Thriller. hes not gonna beat that. it had 4 #1 pop singles on the same album. you just dont do that. He probably got caught up in all the awards shows and the hype and spent 90% of his time doing everything else BUT music and lost his edge. and the whole Marriage Debacle didnt help!

So the lackluster response was a reaction to the fact that the album just wasnt good. they released a good first single LOVE IN THIS CLUB but there wasnt much left there, it was a wake up call, he got humbled and came back with a much stronger album next time.

it was good for him and good for the fans... if superstars put out ? and people buy it anyway they just put out more ? , Stand wasnt well received and it shouldnt have been, he doubled down improved his quality and came back stronger! it was good that happens sometimes! I imagine Nikki Minaj next album will be garbage because once again shes spending 90% of her time doing everything EXCEPT music!
  • Cake4real
    Cake4real Members Posts: 815
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I liked the album
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I also think the backlash from Usher marrying that women didn’t help with the women who usually purchase his album. It sucks but single women probably drove his sales for a minute. I thought it seemed that there were too many expectations placed on Here I Stand. Raymond V. Raymond is the album he should have came out with.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.