Shaq: ‘Chris Paul Is Not Better Than Rajon Rondo’

13»

Comments

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    So you saying CP3 aint a prototypical pg?

CP3 does everything better then Rondo..

Shoot
    Dribble
    Pass
    DFF

Hell CP3 top 5 player in the League IMO

Yes CP3 does all of these things better...but im factoring in size, durability and length relative to all the other PGs in the game......id even put Rondo on a cpl SG's in certain situations, cant say the same for CP3....i dont necessarily think CP3 is a better defender than Rondo either but he can play the passing lanes a bit better....Rondo can be just as chippy as CP3 and u need that for a PG as well....CP3 prolly has the best handles in the game tho as he rarely turns the ball over and he got flashy handles enough to cross dudes so that should count for something....

If we just talking the basics like rebounding, passing, defense and size, minus the offensive repertoire, Rondo is the prototypical PG imo
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yroholla wrote: »
    Yes CP3 does all of these things better...but im factoring in size, durability and length relative to all the other PGs in the game......id even put Rondo on a cpl SG's in certain situations, cant say the same for CP3....i dont necessarily think CP3 is a better defender than Rondo either but he can play the passing lanes a bit better....Rondo can be just as chippy as CP3 and u need that for a PG as well....CP3 prolly has the best handles in the game tho as he rarely turns the ball over and he got flashy handles enough to cross dudes so that should count for something....

If we just talking the basics like rebounding, passing, defense and size, minus the offensive repertoire, Rondo is the prototypical PG imo

Yea Rondo can hold his own on most 2 guards and sometimes on weaker SF's.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Shaq Trippin.. Rondo is a very good pg sans the shooting,, idk why people are so down on him overall, hes one of the top 3 passers in the game, a very good rebounder/defensive guard

But CP3 has ever- ry thang... ever-ry thang
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Shaq Trippin.. Rondo is a very good pg sans the shooting,, idk why people are so down on him overall, hes one of the top 3 passers in the game, a very good rebounder/defensive guard

But CP3 has ever- ry thang... ever-ry thang
    Shaq has a "Crazy ? I can say to get attention" list.

He just scratched "Chris Paul Is Not Better Than Rajon Rondo" off it.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    i think it goes CP3>Deron>Rondo in terms of PG
    Deron is slept on for some reason even when he was in Utah ballin every season
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    J-Breezy wrote: »
    i think it goes CP3>Deron>Rondo in terms of PG
    Deron is slept on for some reason even when he was in Utah ballin every season

Yea truthfully you can say Deron and CP3 are 1a and b .. they were rare cases in that damn near instantly that ? was apparent
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Shaq going to the school of Skip Bayless i see...

Lol at Rondo even being Close to CP3 ....

Some1 please trade this ? rondo to some1 like Charlotte and watch him average 10 and 6
  • memphis2sacnicc
    memphis2sacnicc Members Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    U know what I didn't even take in consideration is that wit so much focus on Garnett, Pierce and Allen that da 11 ppg that he does get is mainly easy buckets from them 3 bein' double teamed and him benefitting wit a open lane slash to da hole.

CP3 is doin' what he does wit scrubs. Yall saw what da Hornets was doin' when he was injured. Just terrible.
  • windycity2117
    windycity2117 Members Posts: 9,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    If Boston had cp3 at the point last year they would have made the finals.Rondo is a good pg but he can't shoot.
    The d can sag off because of that & help on KG & Paul.If do that ? with CP3 he is going to light your ass up
  • t. webb
    t. webb Members Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Please tell me dude was playing...
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    today is the time where you get more attention going against the grain
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    If Boston had cp3 at the point last year they would have made the finals.Rondo is a good pg but he can't shoot.
    The d can sag off because of that & help on KG & Paul.If do that ? with CP3 he is going to light your ass up

And they would have Kick the Lakers ass the previous season as well, Rondo that year Was brickin mid range shots and got to the point where he wouldnt'even shoot it dude just back off and Rondo would just look around

Like u said u Give Paul that he cookin you easy

CP3 Doesn't need to score to be who he is, the fact is he HAS to score for his team cuz he aint got the best around him as a team
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    shaq-bad-beat-face.jpg...................

And some laker fans were acting like what shaq said about kobe being the better laker then magic was gospel.....

shaq-bad-beat-face.jpg

who doesnt get by now, Shaq only talks to hear hisself talk.
  • KeepOnPushing
    edited December 2011
    "Chris Paul scores a lot of points , but when was the last time they made it to the playoffs? thank you very much."

that part killed me Lol , u know he said that ? with full confidence to
  • ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I think we all need to thank Shaq for given us something to talk about, it's been a while, when you come into a thread and see damn near everbody on the same page.(agreeing)

Rondo is somewhere around the 4th, 5th or 6th best point guard in the league, he's not overrated because just about everyone has him around there.
  • hALF_pAST_7EVEN
    hALF_pAST_7EVEN Members Posts: 142 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    yo that hoopz ? must be good

cause she got this big aloof ass ? saying all types of ? ?
  • thatni99ajahmal
    thatni99ajahmal Members Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Shaq is on some ? ..
    CP3 is better nothing to even discuss..
  • DarkRaiden
    DarkRaiden Members Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Nah, this can't be serious. He must have been playing. I can understand having a ludicrous opinion like Rondo>>CP3, cause ? on here have dumb opinions like that, but the playoffs line??? That's Barkley levels of stupidity.

Oh and btw CP3 >>>>Rondo in Every stat period. Rondo is one of the worst PG ever tbh. He can't shoot past 20 feet, can't shoot free throws, can't score, and is no threat on offense.
  • thewave19
    thewave19 Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    He aint better but Rondo fits Celtics perfectly

Damnnn Rondo smh
  • D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    foh. cp3 is better than rondo. he can set up the offense and also give u 20+
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    CP3 is probably the best pure pg in the league. Rondo isn't even in the conversations.

Rose, CP3, and D Will are all better in my opinion heck maybe even Parker as well. Rondo is a good floor generally but a liability on offense with that suspect jumpshot. CP3 is the most complete point guard in the league, but I think Rose is the better player if that makes any sense at all.