“Nas is Hip Hop’s Marvin Gaye” – DL Hughley

Comments

• Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Cain_Marko wrote: »
    Exactly fam this clown is always talking ? . I got a funny feeling that this dude is a white guy or an alias.

2012 is bootybutter pi
  • @My_nameaintearl
    @My_nameaintearl Banned Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    DL was just saying he hopes Nas gets shot to death.
  • Niggas back
    Niggas back Members Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    If Nas was Darkskinned....

Nobody on Earth, would be talking this way!

When did Marvin Gaye do some 'Oochie Wally' type ? ?
    When did Marvin go ruuuuuuuuun back to Berry Gordy for a record deal, after they ether'd each other on wax/Berry ? -filled condoms left on Winona's carseat?
    When did Marvin marry any one similar, to....Kelis?
    When did Marvin succumb to Record Label pressure...re: What's Going On? Or "inner City: make me wanna holler"

...this ain't living, mufu's, naaaaaw naw naw naw, this ain't living"

If Gnoz aint darkskinned, what is he?
  • hiphophova
    hiphophova Members Posts: 710
    edited December 2011
    Nas talks a lot of ? , and these days in his 30s he just rambles on the mic trying not to be too bold he has lost his poetic freedom. Nas in his early 20's was the man that could be comparable to Marvin Gaye and more.

but this Untitled/Distant Relatives Nas aint the one even though his subject matter is on par and positive, his art should be art and not lectures.

Marvin got a voice that could united everyone and just share such a splendor of a moment, Nas could do that with his rhymes in his early years.

Nas is Larry Holmes bruh.
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2011

Exactly nas didnt change or transcend this generation like marvin gaye did back in the day

their 2 names synonymous with Hiphop -- ILLmatic & Tupac.
    hiphophova wrote: »
    Nas talks a lot of ? , and these days in his 30s he just rambles on the mic trying not to be too bold he has lost his poetic freedom. Nas in his early 20's was the man that could be comparable to Marvin Gaye and more.

but this Untitled/Distant Relatives Nas aint the one even though his subject matter is on par and positive, his art should be art and not lectures.

Marvin got a voice that could united everyone and just share such a splendor of a moment, Nas could do that with his rhymes in his early years.

Nas is Larry Holmes bruh.

so what do you want Nas to rap bout? Drugs,Crime,sex? Nas has evolved musically and aged gracefully. Stil as lyrically sharp like when he started. Untitled and DR are proof. Aint u the one who said that Nas aint GOAT cuz he never built his own Mo Town? Smh! Nas is our Marvin Gaye!
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    ILLmatic = Thriller

Nas = Marvin Gaye
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited December 2011
    Illmatic is overrated In 1994 when illmatic dropped it wasnt even the best or biggest album of the year it had no impact on rap at the time

You believe the hype of revisionists accounts

Pac wasnt called the goat while alive biggie was the bigger star pac was a loudmouth ? who talked a lot and starred in(at the time) d list straight to dvd movies

Pac didnt get called "Goat" until he got wet up and died

Biggie was fat and overrated. He had too many ? lines

Nas>>>>>>
  • hiphophova
    hiphophova Members Posts: 710
    edited December 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »

so what do you want Nas to rap bout? Drugs,Crime,sex? Nas has evolved musically and aged gracefully. Stil as lyrically sharp like when he started. Untitled and DR are proof. Aint u the one who said that Nas aint GOAT cuz he never built his own Mo Town? Smh! Nas is our Marvin Gaye!

I never seen Nas give out turkeys on thanksgiving day, no unicef ? , no QB charity community scheme, i have seen his feet do zero huminatarian work thats fine Marvin Gaye never got that chance but his Music(Art) did that it did good positive work through out the land.

Nas illmatic had glimses it could do that, then his early 20's showed people how to tell poetic stories and braggadacio view points and all out oscar like feel to rhyming (that is his art) what his doing now is mumbling because he has pigeon holed himself to by some of his backpack vocal elitist fans and himself he is some type of Moses parting the hiphop red sea.

I wish he would just rap poetic no matter what his saying, It's his Art that influences (since his feet doesnt) and right now his a garbage MC.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited December 2011
    You wouldn't know u from sweden you was in a high chair bein spoon fed grey poupon and preparing for archery lessons u ?

You wasnt in the usa

Da ? u know about the hood and what was goin on?

Nothin

Biggie>>>>>>>>>>>>Nas

Stillmatic>>>>Illmatic

What Was So Big About Biggie Smalls?

Nothing. He lied about his life like Rick Ross.

Yeah he was Good but had to many ? Lines and lied too much
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Nas = Rockwell

lmao!!!!! you a fool for that one
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    edited December 2011
    Real talk no hate my brothas, DL only said he likes 50 music cause da interview was conducted by 50's ppl on 50's site. Dat's Y he was so quick to commend 50 on da Biz. side of things in which NONE of us can front on. GGGGGGG-U NOT
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited December 2011
    DL is correct.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

Nas is Hip-hop's Elton John...

DL Hughley, is America's ? who thought it was a great idea for him to compliment obama's historic 2008 Campaign...with hosting a minstrel show on CNN where he played a fake-fucc Steven Colbert clone/ constantly clowning Black's political progress.;

You know, sort of like what Nas did w/ the N.I.G.G.E.R. album

You sure you and KTULU aren't the same? Both of you have a similar dislike..
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    "He's alright, but he's not real" Seriously, Nas is a great lyricist. I really can't say anything bad about him. I enjoyed his earlier material a lot better, but he still is no lower than 2 on my list. I'm not sure about the comparison to Marvin Gaye. Marvin Gaye was one of the greatest artists of all time. I don't see Nas as a great artist. However, I do see him as a great MC.
  • makaveli4ever
    edited December 2011
    he is a great artist though. He has touched on real subjects and is one of the best writers in rap.
  • coolc31
    coolc31 Members Posts: 517 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    he is a great artist though. He has touched on real subjects and is one of the best writers in rap.

If that's how you see it, I have no problem with that. I just don't see it the same way. I view Kanye, Outkast, Masta Ace, & De La Soul as great artists because they put more into their music than just writing lyrics. I don't get that from Nas.
  • makaveli4ever
    edited December 2011
    coolc31 wrote: »
    If that's how you see it, I have no problem with that. I just don't see it the same way. I view Kanye, Outkast, Masta Ace, & De La Soul as great artists because they put more into their music than just writing lyrics. I don't get that from Nas.

Many would disagree but diff strokes for diff folks.
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited December 2011
    If Marvin Gaye was alive he would say that Nas is the Greatest Rapper Ever
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    If Nas was Darkskinned....

Nobody on Earth, would be talking this way!

When did Marvin Gaye do some 'Oochie Wally' type ? ?
    When did Marvin go ruuuuuuuuun back to Berry Gordy for a record deal, after they ether'd each other on wax/Berry ? -filled condoms left on Winona's carseat?
    When did Marvin marry any one similar, to....Kelis?
    When did Marvin succumb to Record Label pressure...re: What's Going On? Or "inner City: make me wanna holler"

...this ain't living, mufu's, naaaaaw naw naw naw, this ain't living"

2012 you better stop with the propaganda doggy. I don't even want to son you to oblivion.

Oochie Wally?

When did Marvin marry someone similar to Kelis??? Have you ever heard "Anna's Song"? Have you ever heard the Here My, Dear album? VERY SIMILAR.

When did he succumb to pressure? Where exactly did Nas? Because he changed his album title? Sometimes you gotta compromise. The ? is a business at the end of the day. Marvin didn't always have the best deals. Even Prince didn't always get what he wanted, contrary to what some believe.

I've been a huge fan since I was a lil kid and I can promise you the comparison is dead on.
  • Focal Point
    edited December 2011
  • battle_ego
    battle_ego Members Posts: 17
    edited December 2011
    Nasir is the goat....

so i agree wit mr. hughley. nas is type the of artist that wont get the respect he deserves, until he's dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_JATFlzwU
  • Focal Point
    edited December 2011
    Nasir is the goat....

so i agree wit mr. hughley. nas is type the of artist that wont get the respect he deserves, until he's dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX_JATFlzwU

the dude in your avi has that potential to be on that making Marvin like music level
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited December 2011
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    when did Nas dropped something soulful like this
  • deathrowzorrow
    edited December 2011
    Stop hate on Nas cracka