Ladies: Am I overreacting

ImSoReal
ImSoReal Members Posts: 2,009
edited December 2011 in The Powder Room
ok, so my girl's sister has one of my girl's ex on her facebook page. This particular ex everyone on my girl's family wanted her to marry a few years back. Well, last week the ex calls her. last week i was in the kitchen where her phone was and say it ringing with the name "Justin" showing up. I told her that her phone was ringing so she came into the kitchen, looked didnt answer and went back to sitting on the couch. I didnt find out until yesterday that it was her ex. She says that "justin" had sent her sister a message on facebook telling her that he had heard my girl was in a relationship now, and that he was going to contact her to tell her that he is happy that she found someone that makes her happy and that he wishes the best for her. I know how guys are, and im just curious to how much information my girl's sister gave her ex, and will this be a future problem.

Im I overreacting

Why didnt she just answer the phone its not like we were doing anything

Comments

• 3am Charter Member
    3am Charter Member Members Posts: 7
    edited November 2011
    delete the number and tell justin to fall back and don't talk to your girl ever again his time was then yours is now
  • unbreakable
    unbreakable Members Posts: 391
    edited November 2011
    delete the number and tell justin to fall back and don't talk to your girl ever again his time was then yours is now

...Truth...
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    lol..at the end of the day you have to trust her.

You're not going to be able to handle every dude that tries to get at your girl, that's her responsibility.
  • ImSoReal
    edited November 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »

You're not going to be able to handle every dude that tries to get at your girl, that's her responsibility.

I feel you and I tell my girl that and we both agree on that, I just look at this situation differently because she has fam that is still in contact with dude. My girl can be alittle naive so when this guy called just to tell her he was happy for her, she takes the words at face value, but I know how guys are and I know what he is trying to do.

to use an example to show you how naive my girl is let me tell you this"

so my girl was wearing some new shoes I had bought her to work, and a guy who didnt know her stops and comments on the shoes. She replies "thanks my boyfriend bought them for me". The guy basically bounced after that. My girl tells me about it and I tell her "you do know he was hitting on your right" I tell her that no straight man would comment on her shoes, but to start a conversation so that he could hit on her. She never thought of it liked that until I broke it down for her
  • GETYOURFACTSRIGHT
    GETYOURFACTSRIGHT Members Posts: 17
    edited November 2011
    imsoreal wrote: »
    ok, so my girl's sister has one of my girl's ex on her facebook page. This particular ex everyone on my girl's family wanted her to marry a few years back. Well, last week the ex calls her. Last week i was in the kitchen where her phone was and say it ringing with the name "justin" showing up. I told her that her phone was ringing so she came into the kitchen, looked didnt answer and went back to sitting on the couch. I didnt find out until yesterday that it was her ex. She says that "justin" had sent her sister a message on facebook telling her that he had heard my girl was in a relationship now, and that he was going to contact her to tell her that he is happy that she found someone that makes her happy and that he wishes the best for her. I know how guys are, and im just curious to how much information my girl's sister gave her ex, and will this be a future problem.

Im i overreacting

why didnt she just answer the phone its not like we were doing anything
    yes you are over reacting
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    edited November 2011
    Yes you are overreacting

My ex STILL calls me and I just ignore it now... I've told him several times to not contact me but I have no control over him calling. I can only control how I react to his calls

If you catch her talking to him ... that's a whole different ballgame
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    that ? had just listened to marvins room too son.
  • ImSoReal
    edited November 2011
    thanks everyone for the input i appreciate it
  • 3am Charter Member
    edited November 2011
    kat2180 wrote: »

at the same time the ones you can send a message to, you do.
  • 3am Charter Member
    edited November 2011
    Yes you are overreacting

My ex STILL calls me and I just ignore it now... I've told him several times to not contact me but I have no control over him calling. I can only control how I react to his calls

If you catch her talking to him ... that's a whole different ballgame

that's true too. but he still needs to let it be known that it isn't all good for dude
  • charles876
    charles876 Members Posts: 2
    edited December 2011