frank ocean and miguel are ? on everybody right now!

Options
13»

Comments

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    isn't Miguel a pop artist?

I dont understand the question. Shouldnt you just listen to him and come to your own conclusion? jus sayin...
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    I dont understand the question. Shouldnt you just listen to him and come to your own conclusion? jus sayin...

i've only heard his singles, with the exception of "All I Want Is You", he seems like a pop artist to me.......
  • S2J
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i've only heard his singles, with the exception of "All I Want Is You", he seems like a pop artist to me.......

Maybe we have diff definitions of pop...when i hear pop i think Lady Gaga, Bruno Mars, Beyonce...and even Byeonce has 'Party' which is a great song

So i really dont understand what being pop means. If its good music its good music.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    j.holiday was dope though!

i haven really listen to frank ocean i ? with the weekend and miguel butchered a bob marley song......eamon did birth these ? though.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Oh in that case I agree w/ the reason, just not with the singer in question.

I dont like that new ngga template either, guys like Jeremih, J Holiday, the NEW Trey Songz,etc.

But Miguel aint that lmao 'Sure Thing' alone distanced him from them dudes...

yeah that template...i'm not saying Miguel is without talent, I just don't like him...i listened to the album twice, and heard nothing outside of Sure Thing that caught my ear...every thing else just made me want to skip
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yall mufuckas is crazy

J Holiday made a good ass album with Round 2
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] rubbed off from friction Posts: 0 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • desertrain10
    desertrain10 Members Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    frank ocean is cool but vocally he is only meh.... i do like miguel though, he's a above average song writer and i like his voice

he's been out for a while but i wish that eric roberson would get more shine though...he's head and shoulders above everyone who's considered hot right now. and maybe he doesn't get any love from the mainstream because he's gone the "neo-soul" route and his music isn't necessarily radio friendly but this what r&b should sound like imho...soulful

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Jamel wrote: »
    then why he aint on the air anymore?
    BOOYAKASHA!

ar far as i know, he hasn't dropped anything lately
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    they both are meh....but they make good music for the moment. i can't see a bunch of people still singing swim good in 20 years. miguel i think will have a longer career because more range.
  • S2J
    edited December 2011
    Options
    they both are meh....but they make good music for the moment. i can't see a bunch of people still singing swim good in 20 years. miguel i think will have a longer career because more range.

Lol why are yall judging r&b like rap!?!?!?!

what does the bolded mean? lmao You dont know what you'll be listenin to in TWO years, let alone 20....smh
  • Ekscape
    Ekscape Members Posts: 1,842
    edited December 2011
    Options

smh ? are dumb as hell on here i swear
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Lol why are yall judging r&b like rap!?!?!?!

what does the bolded mean? lmao You dont know what you'll be listenin to in TWO years, let alone 20....smh
    what are you talkin about? i judge all music like that. don't take it personal if i don't think either one of them are complete standout artists to the point they will be remembered and revered by future generations.
    Ekscape wrote: »
    smh ? are dumb as hell on here i swear
    what about what I said was dumb? frank ocean only has one sound.