Nujabes - Spiritual State 03/12/2011 Feat. Cise Starr, Substantial, Uyama Hiroto…

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Essence
Nujabes - Spiritual State
nujabes.jpg

Track List:
1. Spiritual State featuring Uyama Hiroto
2. Sky is Tumbling featuring Cise Star
3. Gone Are The Day featuring Uyama Hiroto
4. Spirale
5. City Light featuring Substantial & Pase Rock
6. Color of Autumn
7. Down on the Side
8. Yes featuring Pase Rock
9. Rainy Way Back Home
10. Far Fowls
11. Fellows
12. Waiting for the clouds featuring Substantial
13. Prayer
14. Island featuring Uyama Hiroto & Haruka Nakamura

WOW… I can't wait, this one crept up on me… hopefully that Documentary will drop shortly afterwards…

I know I'm not the only one HYPED for this…

Comments

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2011
    How am i just finding out about this wow I'm hyped now too the artwork looks beautiful as well.
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Ishi wrote: »
    How am i just finding out about this wow I'm hyped now too the artwork looks beautiful as well.

Album should be nothing short of incredible!!! 14 new tracks, it's mind boggling seeing as how he hadn't really put out a solo in a while before he died anyway, too busy hyping Hydeout… can't wait…

Agreed on the artwork… much more overloaded than his usual, but definitely still fitting to his legacy.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    24 hours to go… I'm ridiculously excited for this release, I know the hype is on The Roots and Lord knows I have it on pre-order… but I can't get a hold of this as I don't speak Japanese to be able to get it imported… but I'm hoping someone uploads it ASAP come the 3rd December!!!

Nujabes is my favourite Japanese Artist of all time, it's going to be such a sobering release since his passing… not to get all emotional, but dude moved me through my university years and continues to move me even with his passing…

24 HOURS!!!!
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Wait. Did this come in march? or out on December 3rd?
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    lou cypher wrote: »
    wait. Did this come in march? Or out on december 3rd?

TOMORROW!!!! No leak as yet, but keep me posted considering this is an album that we can't get hold of…

Still, don't post any links as it is retail!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Ill PM ya if i find anything.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Props Lou :tu

Time's ticking, I have to have this before the weekend closes!!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Someone's got it :(

L1000069.jpg

I NEED IT!!!!
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »

Hahahahaaha Dude i know what your going through, i been Simpin over Sarah Kay the spoken word poet. all her Videos on my youtubes are favorites... Youtube you bastard!!

I Feel your pain for this album... Anyone got their hands on it? DL Link?
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Hahahahaaha Dude i know what your going through, i been Simpin over Sarah Kay the spoken word poet. all her Videos on my youtubes are favorites... Youtube you bastard!!

I Feel your pain for this album... Anyone got their hands on it? DL Link?

Is this Sarah Kay?

I need to see more lol.

Still can't get it, found it on discogs for £30, but I've just spent a fortune on marker pens for my manga… can't really afford it along with Phonte's and The Roots' albums.
  • stupot0607
    edited December 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    Is this Sarah Kay?

I need to see more lol.

Still can't get it, found it on discogs for £30, but I've just spent a fortune on marker pens for my manga… can't really afford it along with Phonte's and The Roots' albums.

Nahh thats not Sarah Kay, You should give her a look up on Youtube though. But ive called shotgun on her though.... soo... you can have this internet bird you posted haha

Ayeee Anaa tell us about it, Xmas shopping is hitting me hard.. i asked me mam what she wanted (that was a mistake) next thing you know.... 40 dosh in the pocket for a gullotine thing...
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Nahh thats not Sarah Kay, You should give her a look up on Youtube though. But ive called shotgun on her though.... soo... you can have this internet bird you posted haha

Ayeee Anaa tell us about it, Xmas shopping is hitting me hard.. i asked me mam what she wanted (that was a mistake) next thing you know.... 40 dosh in the pocket for a gullotine thing...

Alright, I'll look her up… YouTube girls are hot a lot of the time, even those relationship advice women who you watch just because you fancy them and think 'you're talking ? ' lol!

But even the girls who are less attractive in features are more attractive because of their interests…

Yeah, that's tough. I'm saving a few hundred for presents this christmas… I really just wanna go on an all out christmas vendetta on Copic Markers though!! I need to get in touch with you about your drawings as well, that Dilla one was nice…

STILL CAN'T FIND IT! There's a few YouTube music videos of tracks though and I've found it for £23 now. Still more than the usual £10 when really, my next Nujabes album will be Metaphorical Music.

*EDIT* And I'll happily have the girl I posted lol.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    I think they're shipping them now, from Hydeout, which is good…

Problem? £25 equivalent + Shipping. I don't have this kind of money for a CD in this day and age. I think I'm going to pass.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    On first listen… a day late, but I can at least now listen…
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    It's a good album, but doesn't get anywhere near as good as Metaphorical Music or Modal Soul… maybe not even 2nd Collection, but still, very solid!!! And amazing to hear from him, Rest in Peace.

Some of my favourites:
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    On my third hour of listening, it's genius. I'm unsure if it has that outstanding track like 'Beat Laments The World' did on Metaphorical Music or the countless standouts on Modal Soul, but overall, there's enough shift in gears and creativity on different levels to what Nujabes was creating. I think this is most evident on Far Fowls, but there's not an average track on this one…

I need to buy this in the new year when I have the cash to import at that extortionate price… it's too nice not to have in my collection!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Ay if anyone needs a link PM me. sorry ruff wasnt on my computer at all this weekend. will give this a download later tonight!
  • stupot0607
    edited December 2011
    Artwork is amazing! One of the best ive ever seen.

Im Halfway through my first listen.

Truely Beautiful Music so far.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    Ay if anyone needs a link PM me. sorry ruff wasnt on my computer at all this weekend. will give this a download later tonight!

No problem, I have got it now, great release... seriously, on my 5th or 6th listen already, the only other album I've done that with this year is Section.80. I know that I'm biased as Japanese hip hop is my favourite, but this release (for a posthumous album or not), is brilliant.
    Artwork is amazing! One of the best ive ever seen.

Im Halfway through my first listen.

Truely Beautiful Music so far.

I think Nujabes has the GOAT artwork, Metaphorical Music is possibly my favourite!!

Glad you're enjoying it Stupot!!!
  • stupot0607
    edited December 2011
    After a couple of listens, Really really impressive album... Second half of the album is better though.

i feel this may be a contender for album of the year so far.
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Yo this ? is ill as ? . Rest in peace to the man
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I wonder why they aren't able to get these albums on Itunes. I'd love to actually show my appreciation by buying vs other means of securing. And that's even despite wanting the physical CD, but I'd settle for the digital. I wonder if they even know they have supporters in the US (nevermind, Youtube)?

Nomak was able to start getting his newer albums on there.

Tracks posted sound good though.

Next thought is, what the world happened to Uyama Hiroto? He dropped A Son of the Sun, which was incredible, then to my knowledge hasn't done anything else except work within compilations or help out on this album.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    After a couple of listens, Really really impressive album... Second half of the album is better though.

i feel this may be a contender for album of the year so far.

Played this quite a lot now and have to agree that it's a contender for album of the year. I agree that the second half is better, I keep starting with Far Fowls and playing onwards…

Album of the Year thread will be upped on Wednesday as promised :tu
    shenco wrote: »
    Yo this ? is ill as ? . Rest in peace to the man

Gotta agree, I think Uyama Hiroto did a great job in getting this album finished, I think he must have done a lot to the beats considering that he's heavily featured.
    I wonder why they aren't able to get these albums on Itunes. I'd love to actually show my appreciation by buying vs other means of securing. And that's even despite wanting the physical CD, but I'd settle for the digital. I wonder if they even know they have supporters in the US (nevermind, Youtube)?

Nomak was able to start getting his newer albums on there.

Tracks posted sound good though.

Next thought is, what the world happened to Uyama Hiroto? He dropped A Son of the Sun, which was incredible, then to my knowledge hasn't done anything else except work within compilations or help out on this album.

Hydeout seem like a really poorly organised company, firstly with Modal Soul, they were unable to print the CD's themselves as they were only doing Vinyl at the time… now they're able to print CD's but they barely ship enough. I'd settle for digital too, in ways. I bought Section 80 both digitally and physically, I have no problems with supporting an artist as much as I can… but given that he's dead now, seems like the money will just support those that he cared about most…

The real issue is that albums in Japan in CD format are £25 or $39, incredible amount of money when you add to it international shipping. I spent this much on an original Modal Soul, I really don't expect to have to pay so much for a CD being made now when the man is world famous on YouTube (I really can't see them not knowing this fact???) It's good to see that they're finally shipping globally with an English translated site.

A Son of the Sun was a great album, no doubt. I think he worked more heavily with Nujabes and is more likely to be one of the shy types that seem ominous with the label. He is still creating and is perhaps most heavily featured on this album over the likes of Modal Soul Classics I and II and Mellow Beats, Friends and Lovers, which is perhaps a good sign?

I hope to hear from him in the near future, but to me, there's so many nice producers out of Japan that I haven't really been longing for Uyama's follow up as much as I perhaps thought I would. Have you checked out my Japanese Joy mix tapes?