1. Dub Pistols - Cyclone
  2. Lushlife Feat. STS, Jabee - Glistening
  3. Lushlife Feat. Cities Aviv - She's a Buddhist, I'm a Cubist
  4. Lushlife Feat. Andrew Cedermark - The Romance of The Telescope
  5. Evidence - Strangers
  6. Immortal Technique - Toast To The Dead
  7. Tech N9ne - Feat. Ces Cru & Krizz Kaliko - Unfair
  8. Celph Titled & Buckwild - Step Correctly
  9. J57 Feat. Meyhem Lauren, Action Bronson, Maffew Ragazino & Rasheed Chappell - The Main Event
  10. Hassaan Mackay & Apollo Brown - The Note [GENSU DEAN REMIX]
  11. MaGestiK LeGenD Feat. Fes Roc & Audible Doctor - Feel What I Feel (Remix)
  12. Atmosphere - ? 's Bathroom Floor

Special thanks to all who contributed and even more thanks for the patience with this upload. I've had a busy three months and I've finally got two weeks to myself, hoping that I can put a lot of effort into The Essence over the coming weeks!
RuffDraft wrote:
One week to go before a new month begins, which means it's time for a new playlist! Remember to drop your two favourite Independent tracks that you've been playing this month in mediafire.com links! Those two tracks will then be added to this month's playlist! If you've missed out on last month's you can visit the thread here.

Small print for those that are new:
RuffDraft wrote:
How it works:

Posters upload their two favourite tracks that they've been playing of late and up them to mediafire.com. The links are then posted here in this thread and at the end of the month, I'll upload them all as one succinct playlist that flows like water. If 10 posters participate, that's a 20 song playlist for us to bump the next month whilst the next playlist of the month is populated. It works well and should make for another great thread :tu The only rule is that the music MUST be from an Independent, Underground or under-the-radar artist, The Roots and similar artists CAN be contributed to the thread, but 50 Cent and other mega superstars are NOT to be included.

How to upload to mediafire.com:
Visit www.mediafire.com
Click on the big green button entitled 'UPLOAD to mediafire'
Click on 'Click Here To Upload'
Select 'Browse' and find the tracks that you wish to upload from the correct folder on your computer.
Once selected, select 'upload more files' and select your next track.
Finally, select 'Begin Uploading Files' and your two tracks will be uploaded to mediafire.
Once completed, the website will present you with a URL (link) that will allow others to view your files. Copy this link and copy it into your post in this thread.

Enjoy old Essence Playlist of the Months, Artist of the Month's and Essence Essentials (Playlists created by members), in the Essence Essentials: Mixes Both Old and New + Artist of the Months thread.

Upload those two Independent/Underground tracks that you've been playing this month, let's make another great playlist and find some new artists :tu

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    man i may have to pass on this months but i know its gonna be bangin
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    satyrone wrote: »
    man i may have to pass on this months but i know its gonna be bangin

Got any tracks you'd like me to add for you?
  • satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    id have to search tho my stash but ill let ya know
  • Sep-00
    Sep-00 Members Posts: 210
    edited October 2011
    Options
    i'll post something for november
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    I really don't know what to drop for this month. lol

I got some chill tracks that would work perfect for November but October i don't know..
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Lol @ Ishi, this months playlist may fail though…. it doesn't really matter what you've been listening to as long as it's independent and you've listened to it this month a lot.
  • sym swelz
    sym swelz Members Posts: 5
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Call Of Duty:MW3/Jay Electronica
  • stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Its hard to find song that define a october feeling, without sounding ? .

I personally cant stand octobers, ill dig out some tunes though when i get home.
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    stupot0607 wrote: »
    Its hard to find song that define a october feeling, without sounding ? .

I personally cant stand octobers, ill dig out some tunes though when i get home.

We're not trying to create an October feeling, the point of a playlist of the month is to showcase the two songs that you've played most during October that are independent/underground tracks lol. We've been doing this for years, where's this misconception come from with everyone?!?!
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2011
    Options
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    We're not trying to create an October feeling, the point of a playlist of the month is to showcase the two songs that you've played most during October that are independent/underground tracks lol. We've been doing this for years, where's this misconception come from with everyone?!?!

Haha calm down Draft, but yeah i understand the fustration....
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Haha calm down Draft, but yeah i understand the fustration....

Is this in reference to my being close to Liverpool you Geordie scumbag? LOL

I'm not frustrated though, don't worry, just that the comments are confusing when we're just trying to create a playlist of our most played tracks this month lol. Not a guide to hip hop for October months lol. I wouldn't know where to begin..
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Is this in reference to my being close to Liverpool you Geordie scumbag? LOL

I'm not frustrated though, don't worry, just that the comments are confusing when we're just trying to create a playlist of our most played tracks this month lol. Not a guide to hip hop for October months lol. I wouldn't know where to begin..

Haha dont be upset cause we've taking "your" champions league spot...... (for now)

Id be fustrated if Newcastle spent £35 on a overated ? player aswell, even if he is a geordie or not Hahaha

Im Just playing.... ill post the tracks when i get home.
  • stupot0607
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Ok Ok, Im Sticking with the CLASSICS this month....

Atmosphere - ? 's Bathroom Floor (One of my favorite songs of all time)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?9rm53lux780bga8

Dub Pistols - Cyclone (Anybody who had Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 will appreciate this)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?v3bqnrdyc4ukdmb#1
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Haha dont be upset cause we've taking "your" champions league spot...... (for now)

Id be fustrated if Newcastle spent £35 on a overated ? player aswell, even if he is a geordie or not Hahaha

Im Just playing.... ill post the tracks when i get home.

Hahahaha funny post, props on the tracks!!! :tu Heading out now, hit me up with that PM and I'll get back to you tomorrow :tu
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Immortal Technique - Toast To The Dead

http://hulkshare.com/miu0dw037f1j

Tech N9ne - Unfair

http://www.mediafire.com/?yy3z90k3b5ckdb3

Bonus one if you needs it: Celph Titled & Buckwild - Step Correctly

http://www.mediafire.com/?ht784sb633zv8h1
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Tracks from right outta the wrapper...well three of them!

J57 ft. Meyhem Lauren, Action Bronson, Maffew Ragazino & Rasheed Chappell - The Main Event (? . by J57, Cuts by DJ Brace).mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?efceqe1k9wm21g4

Magestik Legend - Feel What I Feel (Audible Doctor Remix) Feat. Fes Roc & Audible Doctor.mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?1tb0jghtace4343

Hassaan Mackey & Apollo Brown - The Note -GENSU DEAN REMIX-.mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yv08uzpekbygq28

Lushlife - No More Golden Days - 01 She's a Buddhist, I'm a Cubist (ft. Cities Aviv).mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?s3gu2xhr3po2hz4

Lushlife - No More Golden Days - 05 Glistening (ft. STS, Jabee).mp3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?7v89g9o9iz0pxax
  • RuffDraft
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Props Trae and Ty!! I'll upload mine tomorrow, still unsure on which ones I'm picking!!
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2011
    Options
    Props Trae and Ty!! I'll upload mine tomorrow, still unsure on which ones I'm picking!!

You know thats funny, my brother's name is Tyrell! And everybody always calls us Trae and Ty, lol!
  • RuffDraft
    edited November 2011
    Options
    This will be uploaded today. Sorry for the delay, work is taking over most of my life at the minute.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Tracklist
    1. Dub Pistols - Cyclone
    2. Lushlife Feat. STS, Jabee - Glistening
    3. Lushlife Feat. Cities Aviv - She's a Buddhist, I'm a Cubist
    4. Lushlife Feat. Andrew Cedermark - The Romance of The Telescope
    5. Evidence - Strangers
    6. Immortal Technique - Toast To The Dead
    7. Tech N9ne - Feat. Ces Cru & Krizz Kaliko - Unfair
    8. Celph Titled & Buckwild - Step Correctly
    9. J57 Feat. Meyhem Lauren, Action Bronson, Maffew Ragazino & Rasheed Chappell - The Main Event
    10. Hassaan Mackay & Apollo Brown - The Note [GENSU DEAN REMIX]
    11. MaGestiK LeGenD Feat. Fes Roc & Audible Doctor - Feel What I Feel (Remix)
    12. Atmosphere - ? 's Bathroom Floor

Special thanks to all who contributed and even more thanks for the patience with this upload. I've had a busy three months and I've finally got two weeks to myself, hoping that I can put a lot of effort into The Essence over the coming weeks!