Blu and Exile - Give Me Flowers While I Can Smell Them

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in The Essence
560185877-1.jpg

Blu & Ex drop this new-ish album, available free on stream right below or you can buy it by going to the site linked in the player. It's not new but new for us. This is dope too, of course. Blu & Ex fans need to check this out.

Free stream over @ realhiphophead.com

Comments

• Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    And apparently there is a mixtape with madlib dropping next year.
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Niceness Lou!! Damn tho..he delayed it until Christmas!!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Word. yall can cop it at Bandcamp but if ya want i can be on the look out for a zip file and PM yall.
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    props Lou......listening now
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    How is it Valentinez? good quality?
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Got a link. Its unmastered and unmixed tho =/
  • traestar
    edited December 2011
    I can only listen to it from the bandcamp player
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Lou, it's great that you're so openly willing to share your links, but try to keep it more on the low rather than posting it here, you can get sued from posts on the I.C. so take care with what you say.

Amazing drop though Lou, props!!! I really can't wait to check this out, is this a prelude to their sophomore LP together? Or is this the album that they completed years ago but they've finally leaked it? I'll cop it!
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Lou Cypher wrote: »
    How is it Valentinez? good quality?

It sounded like a rough draft but he's moving back in the right direction I think everyone wants him to go. You're right about it not being new (except to us) cause his verses on dela's Translation Lost was on there too.
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    It sounded like a rough draft but he's moving back in the right direction I think everyone wants him to go. You're right about it not being new (except to us) cause his verses on dela's Translation Lost was on there too.

It's definitely a rough draft (it says 'unfinished' on their bandcamp page for it) and I wonder how Exile will respond to this? It seems like he's on board, which probably means that Blu's finally convinced him, which probably isn't a good thing.

$15 for an unfinished product? I'll wait thanks. SMH. Nobody else in the Major Label business could charge so much for an unfinished product. J. Cole released FNL for free and that was mastered, SMH.

I think they're riding the wave of interest a little too arrogantly. At least give us a finished product. We're independent fans, not mugs.
  • mistaincredible
    mistaincredible Members Posts: 300
    edited December 2011
    love that everybody nose track, overall enjoyed it. can tell its unmastered, cant wait for it to come out finished
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Yeah blu is kind of an ? lol. I dont get why he wont master his music, its upsetting because ill have all this ? quality music and 2 (hopefully) mastered albums. Blu says he doesnt wanna rap after 30 either. Hes 28 now.
  • traestar
    edited December 2011
    Yeah blu is kind of an ? lol. I dont get why he wont master his music, its upsetting because ill have all this ? quality music and 2 (hopefully) mastered albums. Blu says he doesnt wanna rap after 30 either. Hes 28 now.

I've been hearing alot of people say this, saying his spirit isn't right!
  • bdbdbd
    bdbdbd Members Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    ive listened to it a couple times on bancamp, waiting till i get paid to buy it, then ill listen properly....finaly you guys got what you wanted and you got Blu on the same vibe as before (although its old material) i hope you all are purchasing.

2 questions....
    1) if you purchase is the quality better? not that i mind the quality...much better than jesus LP
    2) does anyone else have the below the heavens re-release on vinyl? i got it a while ago, and im just curious as to wether bangkok001 is the name of the label or if its just Bangkok and maybe i have the 1st pressing? ive tried researching but google aint always your friend
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    ive listened to it a couple times on bancamp, waiting till i get paid to buy it, then ill listen properly....finaly you guys got what you wanted and you got Blu on the same vibe as before (although its old material) i hope you all are purchasing.

2 questions....
    1) if you purchase is the quality better? not that i mind the quality...much better than jesus LP
    2) does anyone else have the below the heavens re-release on vinyl? i got it a while ago, and im just curious as to wether bangkok001 is the name of the label or if its just Bangkok and maybe i have the 1st pressing? ive tried researching but google aint always your friend

As to number one, the quality is the same - it's an unfinished album - the reason I won't be copping. I feel Exile really let us down with allowing this to happen. It should have been mastered.
  • bdbdbd
    edited December 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    As to number one, the quality is the same - it's an unfinished album - the reason I won't be copping. I feel Exile really let us down with allowing this to happen. It should have been mastered.

hmmmmm that is interesting.....
    when i think of blu i like yo give him the benefit of the doubt, like maybe its part of his artform...on some MF DOOM ? .....kinda sloppy but true to his soul, which is why i would have blindly bought all his albums, without a seconds hesitation......but recently ive started to think maybe he is either lazy (which aint a problem to me ? im the same) or he is holding out to release it on hardcopy mixedandmastered (like herfavouritecolo(u)r)....roo make some extra P.....in which case, i cannot ? with that train of thought.

due to his lyrics, relating to the everyman, i chose to believe, maybe he is just lazy...which i can also relate to.....but then i been hearing a lot of people calling him a ? , which has tainted my view of him and his morals as an artist
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    I dont know man. I think he just doesnt care. Weeks before his album dropped he was throwing out copies of NoYork! at concerts. atleast doom makes his music sound clear.
  • bdbdbd
    edited December 2011
    I dont know man. I think he just doesnt care. Weeks before his album dropped he was throwing out copies of NoYork! at concerts. atleast doom makes his music sound clear.

foreal? he coming to london soon, hopefully he'll thow out a few original releases of Below the Heavens....

if he dont care though, that cool with me......just as long as he isnt trying to hustle his fans... aint like we some bnadwagon ? thats just following ? trends....we appreciate true art
  • RuffDraft
    edited December 2011
    bdbdbd wrote: »
    foreal? he coming to london soon, hopefully he'll thow out a few original releases of Below the Heavens....

if he dont care though, that cool with me......just as long as he isnt trying to hustle his fans... aint like we some bnadwagon ? thats just following ? trends....we appreciate true art

We do, which is why I feel we deserve a finished product. Exile has tried to hold this album back from being released, I've posted about this album before it dropped, they've renamed it though...

In all honesty, I think it's a sorry state when we have to buy things that are unfinished. I'm all for a 'live' album where you can hear the crowd if it's marketed that way and I suppose I'm just the same if I'm going to buy an unfinished album. But IF I decide to cop an UNFINISHED album, I expect an UNFINISHED price. In the day and age of free albums via Bandcamp that have been finished and mastered, it seems ridiculous to ask for a FULL price on a half assed piece of art... if a little ridiculous. I don't care how good you are, you still have to live up to the status quo when I'm importing your albums across the Atlantic just to hear them, I feel I deserve more...

I hope Blu doesn't underestimate his consumers, he'll get a name for himself as is seemingly happening with the comments thus far in this thread.
  • traestar
    edited December 2011
    Well about the quality, people have been telling me that he's been copying them straight from the records!! Thats why they're so bad!!
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    We should make a online petition to blu. i know he checks blogs and ? .
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    A petition for Finished music from here on. Or atleast a reasoning behind why he is giving bad quality music.
  • ustreet_monsta
    ustreet_monsta Members Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Im probably gonna cop it anyway.

Damn shame Blu cant show his fans some love and deliver a quality product.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Listened to most the songs on the album. Quality isnt that bad. a few songs the lyrics are real quiet tho. but other than that its cool.
  • bdbdbd
    edited December 2011
    RuffDraft wrote: »
    We do, which is why I feel we deserve a finished product. Exile has tried to hold this album back from being released, I've posted about this album before it dropped, they've renamed it though...

In all honesty, I think it's a sorry state when we have to buy things that are unfinished. I'm all for a 'live' album where you can hear the crowd if it's marketed that way and I suppose I'm just the same if I'm going to buy an unfinished album. But IF I decide to cop an UNFINISHED album, I expect an UNFINISHED price. In the day and age of free albums via Bandcamp that have been finished and mastered, it seems ridiculous to ask for a FULL price on a half assed piece of art... if a little ridiculous. I don't care how good you are, you still have to live up to the status quo when I'm importing your albums across the Atlantic just to hear them, I feel I deserve more...

I hope Blu doesn't underestimate his consumers, he'll get a name for himself as is seemingly happening with the comments thus far in this thread.

haha truedat @ the bolded....i didnt realise it was going for full price....ill wait till it drops on wax if it ever does.

side note....he cancelled his show in london for the second time in a row....im glad i didnt buy my ticket but ? he would do that again....it was gna be him and MED now its black milk and MED....probably will be dope but i think ill save my change this time around