Anyone check that new Common album?

Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in The Essence
Gonna download it tonight. but i wanna get the essence opinion on it. Common's last 2 albums were dope. ive heard nothing but dope so far with this album.

Comments

• stupot0607
    stupot0607 Members Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Havent heard it yet, I have it, but i cant make it past the first 2 tracks because they are both so good ahha. Ill drop some feedback in a week or two Lou
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Yeah i just downloaded it yesterday, listened to the first 3 tracks on the way to work. i love the intro. Prolly gonna listen to either this album or Blu and exiles new album @ lunch today. Stoked! lol
  • ty the great
    ty the great Members Posts: 162
    edited December 2011
    Its good, but not spectacular IMO. Its kind of cruise control. The beats are great but don't really jump at you, but I find them better than Com's lyrical performance. He's kinda just rappin here, doesn't sound like he has a lot to prove (and he doesn't). Good, but kinda lacks hunger. This seems like a grower of an album anyways, I may change my mind after a month of listening.
  • NothingButTheTruth
    NothingButTheTruth Members Posts: 10,850 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Great album. Good beats and Common always has lyrics.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Its good, but not spectacular IMO. Its kind of cruise control. The beats are great but don't really jump at you, but I find them better than Com's lyrical performance. He's kinda just rappin here, doesn't sound like he has a lot to prove (and he doesn't). Good, but kinda lacks hunger. This seems like a grower of an album anyways, I may change my mind after a month of listening.

Albums definitely a grower man. Ive been listening to this since ive been on vacation and the more i get to know the songs the more i can appreciate them. I felt the same way about the cruise control but i gettin to the point where i get excited for the next song. I LOVE The first 6 songs on the album. Perfect way to start it out imo.
  • RuffDraft
    RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011

This is how I viewed it, but can definitely coincide with Lou in that I'm sure my opinion will change with more listens… Resurrection will always be up there in my favourite albums of all time.
  • MC_Noble
    MC_Noble Members Posts: 24
    IMO one of the best albums of 2011
  • stevenjx712
    stevenjx712 Members Posts: 37
    it was a good album, better than the previous couple
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Grown man album
  • ocelot
    ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blu Sky stay on repeat...