A Comedian/Actor That Has A Big Fan Base That You Cant Stand?

Options
Lou Cypher
Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2011 in Lights, Camera, Action!
For instance i know a lot of people love chris farley and his movies. I myself hate chris farley, i think he is the most un funny actor and think a large part of his following is just because hes dead. not once have i laughed at this idiots movies.

also this jesse eisenburgh or w/e, the one from zombieland and 30 minutes or less. We already have one michael cera. this guy is like him in every way, his whole style is just that awkward comedy and he always looks nervous as hell. He did a good job in that movie Holy Rollers tho (recommend you check it if you havent)

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    You gotta be 12 years old when you watch Tommy Boy to love Chris Farely. Other than that, I don't think there is too much of Chris Farely I really care about. Chris Farely will be rememebered for Tommy Boy and thats it probably.

I didn't think Step Brothers was funny. I find very little humour in Family Guy.
  • ReturnOfMiyagiSwagg
    ReturnOfMiyagiSwagg Members Posts: 86
    edited December 2011
    Options

? step brothers??

That ? was like a combination of Fergie and jesus lol
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dane Cook....I got no problem with Chirs Farley, Almost Heroes was hilarious. You just dont take his films serioulsy, ? was just on some dumb funny ? .
  • KingJamal
    KingJamal Members Posts: 20,652 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Chris Farley was funny in Black Sheep lol
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    this thread was made for Dane Cook...i dont mind that Jessie eisenberg dude coz almost every movie ive seen him in has been pretty good...hes def ahead of Cera
  • traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dane Cook...period!
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    yeah ima go with dane cook and omar epps
  • Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    i didn't even know anyone liked dane cook like that but as for chris farley, him having a strong base of fans has nothing to do with him dying. when he was on SNL during probably the 2nd best era of that shows history, he was a hit. Matt Foley was funny as ? , as was his role as da bears fan. ? i'd say he had a huge following even before he ever starred in a movie.

and munny, you are trippin son. Step Brothers is solid. as its great because as funny as Will Ferrell is, he isn't even the funniest person in the movie
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Dane Cooke guy is just not funny at all to me.
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    on the comedian side, i refuse to see a movie with will ferrell or jack black in it. they could put one of them in TDKR & i still wouldn't see it.

as for general actors, i can't think of anyone with a big fanbase who i've blacklisted from my moviegoing experience.
  • Gooner
    Gooner Members Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    on the comedian side, i refuse to see a movie with will ferrell or jack black in it. they could put one of them in TDKR & i still wouldn't see it.

as for general actors, kirsten dunst is the only one that comes to mind for now but i know there's more i've blacklisted from my moviegoing experience.

Jack Black damn y didnt i think of him...and i cant cosign Will ferrell hes real hit or miss tho...u shud watch the other guys that was good...
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I dont mind jack black too much. most of his movies are weak but i loved him in Tropic Thunder. And the tenacious D movie was awesome.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Adam ? . Has only done one good film as far I'm concerned (Punch ? Love) otherwise I find all of his films absolutely ? and him about as funny as cot death.
  • Lou Cypher
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I havent checked that movie yet. I thought he was good in Funny People. and Anger Management. those are the only 2 ? movies in comedy i like. He did this one movie that was a drama. he was real ? good in it, i cant remember what it was called but his wife died in the 9/11 attacks and hes grieving. ends up killing himself in the end.
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    never knew he had a huge fan base!

but my pick is tom cruise
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

You mean Mike Epps, right?
    Vader wrote: »
    never knew he had a huge fan base!

but my pick is tom cruise

You consider Tom Cruise a comedian/actor?
  • dnyce215
    dnyce215 Members Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    stoneface wrote: »
    Dane Cook....I got no problem with Chirs Farley, Almost Heroes was hilarious. You just dont take his films serioulsy, ? was just on some dumb funny ? .

co-sign I dont get how he is funny! Weak stand up material, Ryan Reynolds is funnier than him
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Jack Black damn y didnt i think of him...and i cant cosign Will ferrell hes real hit or miss tho...u shud watch the other guys that was good...

man i remember wanting to see the other guys cuz the trailer looked good & other decent actors in it, but soon as i saw ferrell pop up on the screen i was like gotdammit! & threw my hands up lol.
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    matt- wrote: »

and munny, you are trippin son. Step Brothers is solid. as its great because as funny as Will Ferrell is, he isn't even the funniest person in the movie

The funniest person in that movie is the dude who makes his family sing in the van. I just thought the movie was too rediculous and too over the top. I like some really stupid immature movies like Club Dread, but Step Brothers just wasn't as funny as everyone made it out to be.
  • TheIraq
    TheIraq Members Posts: 5,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Step Brothers was funny to me.... But alot of Will Ferrell movies are funny to me.. Guess Im just a goof lol... By the way I've never seen or heard Dane Cook during his comedy routines can somebody drop videos that they think are funny or is he as bad as Carrot Top?
  • zoomzoomp5
    zoomzoomp5 Members Posts: 609 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    internet-memes-they-said-i-could-become-nothing.jpg