Options
13»

Comments

• tri3w
    tri3w Members Posts: 3,142 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    bmoreeast wrote: »
    Who the hell on RR sold any records other then Dmx and Eve, actually who else was even on RR other then those 2 cuz wasnt the Lox signed to Bad Boy and they never really sold ? either (even tho Jada and Stlyes r 2 of my favs of all time)

Fam, my dude, U seem like u cool............So imma Level with u.............DipSet has sold like 6 mill collectively less if u take out the gLobal numbers...........
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Jada went platinum once and that was the cd that had Why on it, wat did Dmx, Styles, or Sheek louch last records sell...wat did any of Sheeks albums do didnt he have like 3

Platinum, the First he did high gold, lihe in the 900,000's, this 1 went gold too.........Soo alredy thats like 2mil.......Stlyes went Gold once...........Sheek Was hoveing around his frist 1........Add in the Ruff Ryder vol's and u have soemthing around 5-7 mill collectively........add Eve's Albums and Collectivly u have another 3.5 mill
  • bmoreeast
    bmoreeast Members Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    tri3w wrote: »
    Fam, my dude, U seem like u cool............So imma Level with u.............DipSet has sold like 6 mill collectively less if u take out the gLobal numbers...........

Believe me my dude i know when it comes to the Dips i cant really argue about album sales cuz that wasnt neva their strong point forreal i think they prob sold more mixtapes then most ? sold real cds. But thats why i said if you take X out the equation then them ? about even.
  • bmoreeast
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Platinum, the First he did high gold, lihe in the 900,000's, this 1 went gold too.........Soo alredy thats like 2mil.......Stlyes went Gold once...........Sheek Was hoveing around his frist 1........Add in the Ruff Ryder vol's and u have soemthing around 5-7 mill collectively........add Eve's Albums and Collectivly u have another 3.5 mill

On some real ? if we rocking off sales then you might as well say G-unit had a bigger movement cuz they definitly sold more then both of them and we know that ? would be false. You got to also facter in that when RR was hot that was at the height of cd sales. When the Dipset movement was at full blast cd sales were on the decline
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    dipset is trash they promote homosexuality and they sold less than RR. so yeah RR won just give up
  • tri3w
    edited February 2010
    Options
    On some real ? if we rocking off sales then you might as well say G-unit had a bigger movement cuz they definitly sold more then both of them and we know that ? would be false. You got to also facter in that when RR was hot that was at the height of cd sales. When the Dipset movement was at full blast cd sales were on the decline

Gunit was a lil bigger than RR at the very aleast around the same level............Sales is how u measure the Group, not anything else like mixtapes or wat not........if people like u, on a broad basis, they we buy ur music and support u............if not?? than they wont buy ur material
  • bmoreeast
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Gunit was a lil bigger than RR at the very aleast around the same level............Sales is how u measure the Group, not anything else like mixtapes or wat not........if people like u, on a broad basis, they we buy ur music and support u............if not?? than they wont buy ur material

Depending on who your aiming your music towards. When your making hood music hood ? gonna buy it when we would be sitting on the block when the cd man came around you know who ? brought the most? Dipset. Aint know block hugger gonna get his ass up on tuesdays and catch a hack (illegal cab) just to buy a cd you gonna wait till the 4 for 20 bootleg ? to come. Atleast those was always my experiences
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Ruff Ryders hands down vol 1 is a classic and vol 2 is very solid album, dipset had their moments but nothing like double R DMX sold over 20+ millions alone....so the arguement will not be about sales lol
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Wait when ya say movement are referring to sales or trends started?
  • flushill401
    flushill401 Members Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    SMH @ some of you who think ? has better spitters than RR. And no "TAKE x OUT OF THE CONVO AND THEN" talk cause if it's like that take Cam out of Dipset and then what do you have? A crew of followers. Everyone in that crew sounds like Cam'Ron. No originality.
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    yeah can the T/S define the word MOVEMENT so we can make this argument a lil more clear...are we talkin sales, trends, or just a outright following of fans
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2010
    Options
    mike06 wrote: »
    yeah can the T/S define the word MOVEMENT so we can make this argument a lil more clear...are we talkin sales, trends, or just a outright following of fans

If it's the bold, then it's gotta be DipSet... they tore the scene up as soon as they got with the Roc, their beats were ridiculous
  • BigMonty
    BigMonty Members Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    Options
    no way is dipset more talented th doubl R tho
  • BigMonty
    BigMonty Members Posts: 20
    edited February 2010
    Options
    but ruff ryders were much more talnted
  • winkwestwood
    winkwestwood Members Posts: 19
    edited March 2010
    Options
    As far as musically double R...

RR: DMX, The Lox, Eve vs. DS: Cam, Juelz, and Jim

As far as Swag Dipset
  • Loot SkyWalker
    Loot SkyWalker Members Posts: 9
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why does everyone keep saying if you take so and so out, then its different.... Thats like taking Jordan out of the mix when referring to the 6 Bull Championships during his era....

DMX single handedly was bigger than the cumulative of Dipset, and Dipset was an offbrand of RocaFella anyways... Dipset, and Street Property both benefited from that ? .

Ruff had a better squad of spitters.... Dmx, Jada, Styles, Sheek, Eve.... even Cass, and Dragon at the time were dope... and Swizz is one of the biggest producer's of his time.

Dipset were popular, but never did crazy numbers... and all rocked the same styles of beats and bars, which seemed to hurt them in the long run.

Dipset did have a pretty big following... a lot of my friends consier the Diplomatic Immunity joints classic... Personal preference, I gotta ride wit RR.
  • tri3w
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Why does everyone keep saying if you take so and so out, then its different.... Thats like taking Jordan out of the mix when referring to the 6 Bull Championships during his era....

DMX single handedly was bigger than the cumulative of Dipset, and Dipset was an offbrand of RocaFella anyways... Dipset, and Street Property both benefited from that ? .

Ruff had a better squad of spitters.... Dmx, Jada, Styles, Sheek, Eve.... even Cass, and Dragon at the time were dope... and Swizz is one of the biggest producer's of his time.

Dipset were popular, but never did crazy numbers... and all rocked the same styles of beats and bars, which seemed to hurt them in the long run.

Dipset did have a pretty big following... a lot of my friends consier the Diplomatic Immunity joints classic... Personal preference, I gotta ride wit RR.

DipSet was never as big In the NYC as RR was..............whoever is saying that is lying to themselves............Back in the Day u was Either ? with the Roc or RR when they was poppin..............DipSet was more underground, actually more of a harlem thing, they was hot for a minute but only becasue of Cam, ? wanted dude to Comin back............