It's hard watching people go down in flames...

Options
Funky Dr
Funky Dr Banned Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in The Social Lounge
This dude I went to middle school and high school with is in the paper today for a murder trial. Word is he didnt do it but he still participated in the event. Ultimately it was his choice to do what he did but I ? gaurantee that if would have grown up wealthy or with a stable homelife he wouldn't end up where he is.

There's a lotta people out there with a "? the world" "? everybody else but me" attitude out there. That ? needs to be dismantled permanently and the community needs to unite to reverse the decades of poverty and institutionalized racism that have created this cluster ? we see in our urban areas today.

Comments

• Darius
    Darius Members Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    some people upbringings do leave scars they carry around forever. Too many don't get a fair shot at life because of the situations they come from, through no fault of their own. And end up starting out life at a huge disadvantage. One of the ? up realities of our society

real ? though, we all must take responsibility for our own actions jo. The law doesn't make exceptions for, as a shorty I used to sit on the porch watching cars roll by imagining that eventually one day one would park and the man getting out would be my daddy but it never happend kids, nor can we
  • edeeesq
    edeeesq Members Posts: 511
    edited March 2010
    Options
    American Society teaches us to not trust anyone else but yourself, and that "you're special". All those things feed into our narcissist attitudes.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Funky Dr wrote: »
    This dude I went to middle school and high school with is in the paper today for a murder trial. Word is he didnt do it but he still participated in the event. Ultimately it was his choice to do what he did but I ? gaurantee that if would have grown up wealthy or with a stable homelife he wouldn't end up where he is.

There's a lotta people out there with a "? the world" "? everybody else but me" attitude out there. That ? needs to be dismantled permanently and the community needs to unite to reverse the decades of poverty and institutionalized racism that have created this cluster ? we see in our urban areas today.

Back when I was in HS I knew 2 dudes who got put away for ? some chick, said that a gun was put to her head. I guess chick was known for getting around and these dudes got down with her. Turn up into an uproar and then now they're serving 25 to life. It's situations that these people put themselves in. When it becomes a certain typical thing for a race to do, then it's hard to defend yourself into saying "I'm innocent" because of whatever race you are. It's the people that ? it up for the race, not the race that ? it up for the people. Too many people like you said with that "? it" attitude.