Options
2»

Comments

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    American History X - I kind of wish they would've shown more of Derek's transformation during his time in prison. It's a little hard to buy into him becoming a peaceful soft-spoken liberal... after having just watched him commit a curb-stomping.

Crooklyn - I love this movie, I just didn't like when Spike did that weird stretch thing with the camera at a certain point. then it goes back to normal... not sure why. : /

Didn't really like that part of the film...I thought it rather unnecessary...He's holdin' a gun...I know it shows his anger and hatred...but it never really clicked with me

AND...in Crash...When that white cops molestes Terrence's ? out in the open in front of him...that may have been the most unnecessary scene in a film ever...IMO, its whole purpose is to shock you into talkin' about the film...Its completely unlike the rest of the film...Not a fan
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options

AND...in Crash...When that white cops molestes Terrence's ? out in the open in front of him...that may have been the most unnecessary scene in a film ever...IMO, its whole purpose is to shock you into talkin' about the film...Its completely unlike the rest of the film...Not a fan

Co sign... the whole thing about her givin Terrence Howard a ? before they got pulled over was unnecessary as well

then they tried to redeem the cop by havin him pull her out of a burning car... I still didn't like that ? son of a ? afterwards
  • ...MVP...
    ...MVP... Members Posts: 647 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    The Matrix: Keanu Reeves can't act & there wasn't a whole lot of character development with anyone.

Unbreakable: Should have just kept Bruce Willis character as really strong. The extra stuff about touching people and knowing things about them seemed outta place.

Inception: I wish there was more at stake rather than corporate espionage.

Superman: Spinning the world backwards? C'mon...

The Dark Knight: Batman's voice of course... no bats, no batcave, and Batman played second fiddle to the Joker. Oh yea, and needed time with Two-Face. Harvey Dent had more character development than ? Anikan Skywalker in the entire Star Wars prequel trilogy. But when he fully became Two Face we didn't have enough time with him.
  • Kuntpunt
    Kuntpunt Members Posts: 52
    edited December 2011
    Options
    in the hangover....why the ? didn't they think to look on the roof for dude when they saw his bed was up there? granted, the rest of the movie never would've happened, but i found that hard to believe they thought to look on the roof because of some cryptic message instead of physical evidence.

well i mean they did just wake up from a hangover. filled with all kinds of drugs and liquor. plus they just seen a tiger in the room and new things kept happening to throw them off on another silly mission
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Options
    sdca wrote: »
    American History X - I kind of wish they would've shown more of Derek's transformation during his time in prison. It's a little hard to buy into him becoming a peaceful soft-spoken liberal... after having just watched him commit a curb-stomping.
    my only grievance with this movie, however small, but a grievance nonetheless, was the basketball game where the beat the black dudes...idk why but that scene always bothered me because they sucked at basketball so how did they win against some brothers, no less?
  • Mr. 66Hundred
    Mr. 66Hundred Members Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    my only grievance with this movie, however small, but a grievance nonetheless, was the basketball game where the beat the black dudes...idk why but that scene always bothered me because they sucked at basketball so how did they win against some brothers, no less?

becuz the ? either underestimated them becuz they were peccer woods or the ? wasn't good as b-ball either lol
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    MAKAVELI25 wrote: »
    The Dark Knight-
    - Not enough Jokerish moments. Heath embodied the character well, but there should have been more gags/comedy in his character
    - Bale was boring as hell. I get that he is supposed to be more stoic than BB, but I did not much care for Bruce Wayne
    - Two Face's death is why I cannot hold this as my definitive Batman movie. Bane is cool, but Two Face is an intriguing/interesting enough character to hold a movie by himself
    - This might seem shallow, but I just can't buy Bruce Wayne and Harvey Dent fighting over Maggie Gylenhaal (apologies if this sounds a little mean).

Lol same thing I thought...chick is hideous
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Didn't really like that part of the film...I thought it rather unnecessary...He's holdin' a gun...I know it shows his anger and hatred...but it never really clicked with me

Crash is such a garbage, trash ass movie. So overrated. I remember all the publicity and awards it received, but was confused as ? because there is absoltley nothing new or original about it. It's a predictable film about racism. And Terrence Howard is a pure ? for letting his wife get molested by that cracka cop RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, like it's still 1950 or some ? .
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I love American history X but how the hell was he only charged with voluntary manslaughter. He curbstopped a dude. Thats flat out murder.
  • nasmandru
    nasmandru Members Posts: 126
    edited December 2011
    Options
    And Terrence Howard is a pure ? for letting his wife get molested by that cracka cop RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM, like it's still 1950 or some ? .

What would you have done. Hit the cop so he can ? you on some self defense ? .
  • MAKAVELI25
    MAKAVELI25 Members Posts: 5,595 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    kevinmede wrote: »
    What would you have done. Hit the cop so he can ? you on some self defense ? .

Yeah, I'm not understanding what ? wanted duke to do. We gonna act like Cops don't shoot ? for doing nothing all the time?
  • 313 wayz
    313 wayz Members Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Training Day - Instead of Alonzo having the Mexicans trying to murk Hoyt at the apartment, how come Alonzo didn't murk Hoyt after Alonzo shot the old dude with "The ? " while they did the raid.