For "BASKETBALL REASONS" Only, Which team is best for Howard, Now and in the Future?

2»

Comments

• dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited December 2011
    woah316 wrote: »
    dude trading chandler and amare to get dwight is damn near a wash trade.. you give up a big time defensive guy thats a little taller than dwight and doesn't need the ball at all, and you give up a better scorer than dwight.. that doesn't make them better.. might actually make em worse.

you dont understand bruh, tyson make 16 mil now and Amare make 20 mil if you can flip both of them for dwight, pair with Melo, you have ALOT of $$$ to bring in other pieces (like a REAL PG
  • DRO
    DRO Members Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    THE THING IS... DWIGHT WANTS TO BE THE "1" ON HIS TEAM... I DONT THINK HE WANTS to SHARE THAT LIME LIGHT....
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    dwight seems to care more about being a brand than being on a team that will compete for a championship
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    the nets would be a playoff team this year if they had howard. it will still take a ton of pieces for them to be championship contenders and lopez injury really hurt there chance of getting howard.
  • dabullsss
    dabullsss Banned Users Posts: 853
    edited December 2011
    ^^^wow yeah i lost a lil respect for dwight, he need a tough minded player to get his mind right and focused on bball ONLY, like a KOBE CP3 with that intensity. i dropped the thread the other day about the ADIDAS connection but dem sucka mods locked it. Dwight ? and ROSE would OWN da EAST til 2018
  • woah316
    woah316 Members Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Tmac on dwight howard and why he shouldnt want to play on the nets and why he wont play wit the bulls

It seem like everybody and they mama dont understand why this Vick dont want to play here

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-wojnarowski_tracy_mcgrady_dwight_howard_nba_122811

Tommy I been makin threads about the ? for the last 3 months... ? it's just maddening.. It makes you pull your hair out... I will lose respect for dwight if he's not a Chicago Bull (or thunder, but I CAN UNDERSTAND if he doesn't want to go to the extremely small market... but theirs no excuse to not play for chi)
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    Bill Simmons on Dwight howard and chicago:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7352957/the-ninth-day-nba-christmas

"How could Howard not be thinking, "Get me to Chicago, I could win right away!"

How could Howard be looking at this NBA landscape without saying, "Maybe it's a good idea for me to team up with Derrick Rose, the 23-year-old MVP?"

How could someone in his camp not point out to him, "Hey Dwight, if you pushed for the Bulls, they could offer Joakim Noah, Luol Deng, Omer Asik, salary-cap filler and two no. 1 picks and take back your deal and Turkoglu's deal, and you'd still have Rose, Carlos ? , Rip Hamilton, Kyle Korver, Taj Gibson, whatever veterans they can bring in AND the best defensive coach in the league?"

And if you're picking a cold-weather team based on markets, point guards and branding opportunities, how could you pick Brooklyn (living in the shadow of the Knicks), Deron Williams, this goofy Nets ownership, a lousy supporting cast and a franchise with a sad-sack history over Chicago (the third-biggest market), Rose (better and younger than Williams), a better supporting cast, a shrewd ownership and one of the most rabid fan bases in the league?

Put it this way: If I'm Dwight Howard, I'm thinking about titles and titles only. I don't care about money — that's coming, regardless. I don't care about weather — I have to live in whatever city for only eight months a year, and I'm traveling during that entire time, anyway. I don't care about "building my brand" and all that ? — if I don't start winning titles soon, my brand is going to be "the center who's much better than every other center but can't win a title." I care only about playing in a big city, finding a team that doesn't have to demolish itself to acquire me, finding one All-Star teammate who can make my life a little easier (the Duncan to my Robinson), and winning titles. Not title … titles. I want to come out of this decade with more rings than anyone else. I want to be remembered alongside Shaq, Moses and Hakeem, not Robinson and Ewing.

If you're looking at it like that, Chicago has to be the choice. Two summers ago, I thought LeBron copped out by joining forces with his biggest rival; it just seemed peculiar that the most talented player of his generation, and possibly ever, would willingly become the Robin to someone else's Batman. Howard's trade list was peculiar for a different reason: Either he doesn't follow the league, cares about the wrong things, has the wrong people advising him, or all of the above. Because I can't imagine, for the life of me, why Dwight Howard wouldn't be scheming to become Derrick Rose's teammate right now.

As a basketball fan, I'm disappointed. As a Celtics fan, I'm delighted. Either way, the way he ignored Chicago tells me everything I need to know about Dwight Howard. Wherever he lands, that team will definitely win. I just don't know if it'll win. And neither do you."
  • Mumo X
    Mumo X Banned Users Posts: 4,521 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    ? go watch soccer r track or some thing cuz this basketball ? ain't 4 u...

The ? u callin me a "? " for? U might as well be WHITE. Like i said, Dwight aint on Ewing,Admiral nor M. Malone's level and he wil never get to Shaq,kareem,Hakeem status. U mad ? ?
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »
    ? Dwight, he aint gon reach the level of Shaq,Kareem,Hakeem,Bill,Wilt cuz as we speak he aint even close to matchn M. Malone, Ewing & D. Rob. Dwight he a monster on defense but if he playd in the 90s he woulda been Alonzo Mourning status smh! So he should go to where he got the best chance to win NOW. Thunder should package RW,Perk & maybe Maynor, a pick for D12. And Dwight wil jus be puttin 18-22ppg & 13rpg for OKC. He wont outshine KD. He jus aint Shaq nor Moses Malone

lo-mf-l...
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    The Bulls have been tryna acquire dwight His agent told them they are not interested cuz of marketing conflicts

yo where did you get that quote from? I want to read the whole article.

It's funny how dwights idiotic ass doesn't realize titles will = exposure and more money.
  • Smo-King Locs
    Smo-King Locs Banned Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Mumo X wrote: »
    The ? u callin me a "? " for? U might as well be WHITE. Like i said, Dwight aint on Ewing,Admiral nor M. Malone's level and he wil never get to Shaq,kareem,Hakeem status. U mad ? ?

I Highlighted the DUMB ? u said ?
    yo where did you get that quote from? I want to read the whole article.

It's funny how dwights idiotic ass doesn't realize titles will = exposure and more money.

n the funny thing is Adidas could just simply create a campaign around Rose N Dwight teaming up 2gether ... something like a 2 head monster etc. etc
  • woah316
    edited December 2011

dam, i officially can't stand dwight howard...

It's like, damn... You look at magic / kareem... both of their legacies are fine... the spotlight on wade only went UP when lebron joined him... Kobe / shaq were always marketable together...

What makes this idiot or his agent think, that if he teams with d rose, his shoe sales or marketibility will somehow suffer? It'll be little man and big man... Donkey and shrek, like nate robinson once said...

I can honestly understand wholeheartedly if he didn't want to go to say, the clippers and team with blake griffin... both high flying big men who won dunk contests.. I could get that.. But how the ? does teaming with an elite point guard hurt you? Dwight is a ? ... I'm done.

All I know is, if he goes anywhere besides Chicago, I'll wish lebron win a ring before him. ? is disgusting.
  • woah316
    edited December 2011

n the funny thing is Adidas could just simply create a campaign around Rose N Dwight teaming up 2gether ... something like a 2 head monster etc. etc

Exactly... Thats the main part that makes you shake your head... Dwight has the worst agent in sports history.
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Exactly... Thats the main part that makes you shake your head... Dwight has the worst agent in sports history.

They disagree ......

NoLimitPhoto.gif
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    I still don't know why people think Dwight + Rose = instant championships as if the Heat ain't in the East.

A very good team? yes.

Instant championship(s)? No.
  • woah316
    edited December 2011
    coop9889 wrote: »
    I still don't know why people think Dwight + Rose = instant championships as if the Heat ain't in the East.

A very good team? yes.

Instant championship(s)? No.

Name a better option than chicago?

Would you rather have a 50% chance (bulls) or a 3% chance? (Nets)

Derrick rose gave the miami heat everything they could handle last year, without a 2nd scoring option... With dwight you have the best defensive player in basketball, paired with the best defensive coach, who can maximize his team defensive abilities, and a good second scoring option.

Even if you trade noah and deng or whoever really, they'll still have a good line up remaining, better than anything else available, and could definitely beat the heat. He doesn't stand a chance anywhere else.
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    ol otis need to stop bullshittin and take bynum so dwight can come to LA and fulfill his destiny
  • sillyrbbt_03
    sillyrbbt_03 Members Posts: 104
    edited December 2011
    where the 76ers option at ?
  • southsil4lil
    southsil4lil Members Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    He should come to Houston, we gonna have plenty of cap room to get him and Williams and everybody on our team is young besides Scola. Plus his ? Courtney lee plays here
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Name a better option than chicago?

Would you rather have a 50% chance (bulls) or a 3% chance? (Nets)

Derrick rose gave the miami heat everything they could handle last year, without a 2nd scoring option... With dwight you have the best defensive player in basketball, paired with the best defensive coach, who can maximize his team defensive abilities, and a good second scoring option.

Even if you trade noah and deng or whoever really, they'll still have a good line up remaining, better than anything else available, and could definitely beat the heat. He doesn't stand a chance anywhere else.

Im not saying Chicago aint a good option. Im saying it doesn't equal instant championships.

And if Stern let the Cp3 trade go through then Dwight coulda went there as well that would be a better option than any Chicago deal.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Where is the Orlando option? maybe..they can clear room and convince Williams to come to ORL, since Dwight is so conflicted