The Top 11 Songs Of 2011! My List.. Lets Hear Your Feedback!

booty-gif-dot-com
booty-gif-dot-com Members Posts: 1,357 ✭✭
edited January 2012 in R&B & Alternatives
#8 : So In Love - Jill Scott & Anthony Hamilton
Jill's Light Of The Sun shocked everyone debuting at #1 on the pop Charts selling 125,000 the first week. Major accomplishment in an era when no one is selling! Man I really love some Jill Scott. I will have some of that

#9 : Novocaine - Frank Ocean
Frank weaves rapping and singing together in an unique way. Great use of metaphors and story telling! A better version of what Drake is trying to do!

#10 : Far Away - Marsha Ambrosius
I am NOT signing off on the pro-? video but its a great song! produced
by Just Blaze and you just thought he was a hip hop dude.

#11: Rocketeer - Far East Movement w/ Ryan Tedder
Oh Oh Oh.. Once that hook gets in your head its stuck there the rest of the day. They held it down for the Asians to get represented on the American charts

Comments

• booty-gif-dot-com
    edited December 2011
    #4: ? In Paris - Jay Z & Kanye West
    Ball So Hard. Very catchy. faster tempo than most modern rap songs weaves in British Dub Step, with that Woble, you can tell they hanging out in the UK a lot!

#5 : Love Letter - R. Kelly
    Kels will never be the huge icon he was ever again but he still makes good tunes.
    On this album he fused 50's doo ? with 00's Chicago stepping music. Its good!

#6 : Love On Top - Beyonce
    B rides the trend of reviving classic R&B sound. The first verse choreography reminds of New Editon's 1989 hit "If It Isn't Love". The octave changes to a higher key is very rare in modern R&B often only hear this on Gospel records. Good tune!

#7 : Sure Thing - Miguel
    This track sucks you in the first time you heard. Its really good considering his peers are making so much garbage he's off to a good start. this went #1 on the r&b charts
  • booty-gif-dot-com
    edited December 2011
    NOTE: while attempting to post songs 1, 2, and 3 it told me it must be approved by the moderator

here was the rest... enjoy.. 2011 was a horrible year for Rap Music but R&B wasnt too bad if you knew were to look!

#1: 4 Ever More - Anthony David Featuring Algebra
    Not just one of my favs of this year but one of the best of this century IMHO. one of the few "I could get married to this" type songs you could think of in 2011. Instant classic!

#2: Fool For You - Ceelo Green and Melanie Fiona
    Fantastic duet R&B still lives if done right! Passion and Soul!

#3: Rollin In The Deep - Adele
    If this don't move you then you have no pulse At just 23 She's got a special gift. What is it? Pop, Soul, Folk. whatever you call it, she's good. Leave it up the British to take American styles flip them and sell it back to us.
  • TANGLUNG
    TANGLUNG Members Posts: 806 ✭✭
    edited January 2012
    I don't disagree with anything on this list!
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    COOL LIST........I HATED THAT "Novocaine" SONG THO