We finally have our Captain America!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
dat_bk_nicca
dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Lights, Camera, Action!
Chris Evans Confirmed for Captain America
Source: Heat Vision, Variety
March 22, 2010

Chris Evans ("Fantastic Four" films) has accepted Marvel Studios' offer for him to play Steve Rogers/Captain America in the Joe Johnston-directed The First Avenger: Captain America. Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the script.

Marvel would not comment on the development, but we expect the official announcement will be made soon.

The deal calls for Evans to star in at least three "Captain America" movies, with the first hitting theaters on July 22, 2011.

He would reprise the role in The Avengers, which will united Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.), Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and the Incredible Hulk (Edward Norton) in one film. That film is scheduled for May 4, 2012. The character also will likely make cameo appearances in Marvel's other films.

Hugo Weaving will play the villain Red Skull in The First Avenger: Captain America.

Comments

• traestar
    traestar Members Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Well there goes Johnny Storm tho
  • dat_bk_nicca
    dat_bk_nicca Members Posts: 1,526 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    traestar wrote: »
    Well there goes Johnny Storm tho

they're rebooting the fantastic four movie
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    this rebooting is crazy... nice choice for Red Skull too.
  • sickbizzle
    sickbizzle Members Posts: 1,184 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    well that's dumb.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Chris Evans, huh. He was aight as Johnny Storm.Push sucked though.But I can see him doing this. He gonna have step his muscles game up though.
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    terrible decision, that does it for Cap
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Marvel stays ? up. hopefully Iron Man 2 will live up to the hype but i ain't checkin for much else from them.
  • soke sleezy
    soke sleezy Members Posts: 27
    edited March 2010
    Options
    dudes a good actor but i dont see him as the Cap,he was perfect for Johnny Storm though...should of went wit a lesser known or no name dude...
  • ra-mes1
    ra-mes1 Members Posts: 420 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I'll reserve judgement. People doubted heath ledger as joker, so this might turn out to be a pleasant surprise. Just as well, the FF movies were disappointing anyway.
  • adthatsme312
    adthatsme312 Members Posts: 144
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he looks the part, hes a great actor. Much better than Tatum and the others they were mentioning. Considering they were only offering around 300k, no major actor was gonna take it
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    people will still remember him as Johnny Flame no matter what - ? the last F4 movie just came out in 2007 - like they couldn't find another actor that ? is just dumb.

it's like if they went and got Chris O'Donnell to be Green Lantern. i don't give a ? how wack those Batman movies were, they still exist, and that mufucker is Robin.
  • adthatsme312
    edited March 2010
    Options
    sickbizzle wrote: »
    people will still remember him as Johnny Flame no matter what - ? the last F4 movie just came out in 2007 - like they couldn't find another actor that ? is just dumb.

it's like if they went and got Chris O'Donnell to be Green Lantern. i don't give a ? how wack those Batman movies were, they still exist, and that mufucker is Robin.

its hollywood, deal with it.
  • blackkevblazini
    blackkevblazini Members Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    Marvel has yet to not do their own ? justice. I know they only have done 2 movies so far but they both was great, Iron Man 2 is looking great, and Thor at least sounds great, so I doubt they are gonna screw this up.
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    its hollywood, deal with it.

nothing to deal with, i don't give a damn about Marvel comics ? anyway.

name another time they cast the same actor to play two different characters in the same comic book universe. never happened, that's why this is dumb. so no, i'ts not even typical Hollywood.
  • adthatsme312
    edited March 2010
    Options
    nothing to deal with, i don't give a damn about Marvel comics ? anyway.

name another time they cast the same actor to play two different characters in the same comic book universe. never happened, that's why this is dumb. so no, i'ts not even typical Hollywood.

I know Ryan Reynolds is one, he played Hannibal in Blade: Trinity, and Wade Wilson/Deadpool in Wolverine, and is now Hal Jordan in The Green Lantern movie.

Halle Berry....Storm in X-Men 1, 2, & 3 and Catwoman.
  • traestar
    edited March 2010
    Options
    they're rebooting the fantastic four movie
    c1up wrote: »
    this rebooting is crazy... nice choice for Red Skull too.
    well that's dumb.

So they're rebooting huh, smh

Thank you hollywood for ? up Marvel
  • traestar
    edited March 2010
    Options
    he looks the part, hes a great actor. Much better than Tatum and the others they were mentioning. Considering they were only offering around 300k, no major actor was gonna take it

I'm not saying he's a bad actor, I'm just saying there's plenty of actors out there and you result to this.

It's like they are really making things worse for Marvel
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ra-mes1 wrote: »
    I'll reserve judgement. People doubted heath ledger as joker, so this might turn out to be a pleasant surprise. Just as well, the FF movies were disappointing anyway.

man hell yeah. i was one of them. glad i was proven dead wrong. so i'll wait
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    ya'll forget Heath was nominated for best actor before he took that role or what?

no offense but the only people that doubted Heath Ledger were just ignorant to his previous work. the guy was clearly an extremely talented actor from such movies like Four Feathers, Lords of Doggtown, Brokeback Mountain, Candy and Monster's Ball. as soon as i heard he was cast i started to really get hyped for The Dark Knight because i was afraid they'd get someone like Johnny Depp.

this is in no way comparable, Chris Evans hasn't done ? even remotely as good as what Heath Ledger accomplished before taking the Joker role.
  • sickbizzle
    edited March 2010
    Options
    I know Ryan Reynolds is one, he played Hannibal in Blade: Trinity, and Wade Wilson/Deadpool in Wolverine, and is now Hal Jordan in The Green Lantern movie.

Halle Berry....Storm in X-Men 1, 2, & 3 and Catwoman.

Ryan Reynolds counts for Blade and Wolverine.. but not for Green Lantern that's DC

and X-Men is Marvel and Catwoman is DC> i think you kinda missed my point. but still, you did prove me wrong.