when sega decided to ruin sonic with new characters

Options
Mdizzle9000
Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in IllGaming
they shoulda used the ones from that cartoon based off of the comic, princess sally the rabbit and all them, those characters are by far better than big the cat and all them. shadow is a failure along with silver and the only good 1 was the bat because a female antihero was like they only good idea.

if you now gon stick to sonic, tails and knuckles, this woulda been the next best thing

Comments

• imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I gotta agree, that was a good cartoon and the characters/setting are way better than anything post sonic adventures. I don't know if it's a rights issue or what.
  • vespesianus
    vespesianus Members Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    they shoulda used the ones from that cartoon based off of the comic, princess sally the rabbit and all them, those characters are by far better than big the cat and all them. shadow is a failure along with silver and the only good 1 was the bat because a female antihero was like they only good idea.

if you now gon stick to sonic, tails and knuckles, this woulda been the next best thing

The cast of SA 2 was the best. Whatchu talkin about Shadow didn't work? He's dope, he's the Vegeta of the Sonic universe! They went too far with Silver though. And change my ? Robotnik's name back, ? an 'Eggman'
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    They ? up as soon as they put him in the human world.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    word. cream the rabbit? foh
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    lol yea they lost me with all the new characters
  • MysticBoy
    MysticBoy Members Posts: 793 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    CS everything but Shadow. C'mon man ? was badass in SA2!
  • Mdizzle9000
    Mdizzle9000 Members, Writer Posts: 8,319 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    shadow was a corny emo, knuckles coulda been the main anti hero
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    So ILL wrote: »
    This. And all of the new characters that they came out with didn't help me get into Sonic like I was in the 90's and early 00's

Anything after Shadow was just a lost cause. But Sonic games been getting better since Sonic 4.
  • imm0rt4l
    imm0rt4l Members Posts: 683 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Sonic and knuckles was the last true sonic game as far as I'm concerned.

Sad to see sonic team fail time after time again. Sometimes I wish Sega would just sell the rights to the character. Sonic is still one of the dopes mascot/platform characters, you know his team aint doing right by him when you got him running next to mario in the olympics and not leaving him in the dust. I would like to see what some of the great minds at nintendo or retro studios could do with sonic though.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    sionb55 wrote: »
    Sega Sammy shoulda sold Sonic & all his rights/trademarks to Nintendo when they offered to buy him SMH. Sega Sammy is finished but they dont want to give up Sonic. Hell at this point they might as well try selling him to Nintendo again, they should just do it for the fans and bow out peacefully. Nintendo is the only company that can make Sonic innovative & new again. Look at how they flipped Donkey Kong & Kirby.... amazing games. They'd do Sonic justice.

btw after watching that vid im sold. Tomorrow Im gonna go buy Sonic Generations. ? looks toooo dope.

When was this? Nintendo trying to buy Sonic? SEGA is an underrated innovator that doesn't get enough promo for their games. We already have too few game develops that are willing to innovate, but SEGA is doing well in Japan.

If anything, Nintendo should buy SEGA and keep it like that.