Question: Which Bible/Holy Book(s) do you use or subscribe to and why?

Options
Valentinez A. Kaiser
Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Bible-Growth-750x950.gif

With so many different versions/types/translations/transliterations of holy scriptures, I'm curious to know which one(s) hold truth to you R&R posters, why, and similarly the reason why you reject the others?

Septuagint

Tanakh

King James Version
Revised Standard Version
New King James Version
New International Version
New American Standard Bible
World English Bible

New American Bible
Douay-Rheims

New World Translation

Comments

• beenwize
    beenwize Members Posts: 2,024 ✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Massive indoctrination to most of the ignorant masses.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most religious textbooks are full of ? , NONE. The day society stops taking religion seriously, the better off human beings will be. Religion is a scam and a cancer upon mankind. If there is a Satan out there in the world, it made religion.
  • Disciplined InSight
    Disciplined InSight Members Posts: 13,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Most religious textbooks are full of ? , NONE. The day society stops taking religion seriously, the better off human beings will be. Religion is a scam and a cancer upon mankind. If there is a Satan out there in the world, it made religion.

Exactly...that's the whole point. You finally made a valid point.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Exactly...that's the whole point. You finally made a valid point.

I thought you were a Christian.....??
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    I thought you were a Christian.....??

Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ) didn't call his followers "Christian" or created the title.

But there are satanic entities out there and they've done wonders ripping/adding/twisting the translations through history.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeshua Ha Mashiach (Jesus Christ) didn't call his followers "Christian" or created the title.

But they're satanic entities out there and they've done wonders ripping/adding/twisting the translations through history.

Yeah they sure have ? up those translations because people are leaving Christianity all the time, including myself about 11 years ago. Those translations make Christianity look crazy and barbaric. You follow Christ so technically you are a Christian, otherwise what do you call followers of Christ such as yourself?
  • Disciplined InSight
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Yeah they sure have ? up those translations because people are leaving Christianity all the time, including myself about 11 years ago. Those translations make Christianity look crazy and barbaric. You follow Christ so technically you are a Christian, otherwise what do you call followers of Christ such as yourself?

Exactly, thanks the Council of Nicaea, Ancient Roman Catholics and Constantine for that. The translations so screwed up to the point where his followers were called "Christians" instead of "disciples"..whereas "Christian" was considered an insult back in those times.

So I call myself what Christ called his followers...a disciple. I stand by that.
  • kingblaze84
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Exactly, thanks the Council of Nicaea, Ancient Roman Catholics and Constantine for that. The translations so screwed up to the point where his followers were called "Christians" instead of "disciples"..whereas "Christian" was considered an insult back in those times.

So I call myself what Christ called his followers...a disciple. I stand by that.

Okay I respect that. A shame Christ's teachings were tarnished with all the slavery and genocide nonsense in the Bible. If it wasn't for all the bs in there, I very well might still be a Christian today.
  • Mujahid
    Mujahid Members Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Options
    The one and only Holy Qur'an
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Okay I respect that. A shame Christ's teachings were tarnished with all the slavery and genocide nonsense in the Bible. If it wasn't for all the bs in there, I very well might still be a Christian today.

and that's how you stay in the dark, now if you know there is a group of people who is not of your DNA and some of the human race whole soul purpose is to erase you off the face off the earth and stop Yah's plan then what will you do as a people.