Would they still be relevant in the WWE?

VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
Whether their careers ended short due to contact issues or injuries, had to leave due to personal issues, wrestle with another company or passed away, this is to see if they would still be relevant in the WWE today.

I don't wanna list off many wrestlers because I want other posters to pitch in so I'll start w two.

Kurt Angle?
Hardy Boys?

The next poster has to answer w why or why not, and where would you possibly see them? As champs, jobbers etc...

Comments

• GoodSiqMoney
    GoodSiqMoney Members Posts: 255
    edited December 2011
    if kurt angle ever came back to wwe they would job him out

i would think folks would learn after what happened wit matt hardy

dude had the wrestling world's eyes on him. he was the hottest commodity and coulda sold the best shoot video ever but instead he traded it all in to come back to the company that fired him for gettin cheated.
    and dudring the fued, i dont think he won one match.
    plus he got about the same money as he woulda made on the indies.
    smh
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited December 2011
    Kurt would be ok,hardys not so much
  • VIBE
    edited December 2011
    Let's ignore what happened to them though, not let the drug/alcohol be an issue, or let the "hate" be an issue or even death. If these things never happened to these wrestlers, would they still be relevant?

Goldberg?
  • GoodSiqMoney
    GoodSiqMoney Members Posts: 255
    edited December 2011
    truth is
    i think anyone can be "relevant" in wwe if they build their return properly and handle it well.
    wwe is notorious for bringing someone in or bringing someone back jus to mismanage them.

if they brung goldberg back with highlights of the destruction he did 10 years ago, of course he would be relevant.
    but if they jus brung him back as some mystery opponent and had him losing to zach ryder on a weekly basis,
    no,
    he wouldnt be relevant to the these kids watching now
  • m. inferno
    m. inferno Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    No way.

Goldberg's shtick would have gotten old after the rise of Batista (assuming it still took place) and being that Dave can put on a fairly decent match compared to ol' William I'd say he would have still been gone by 2011
  • Roriezep
    Roriezep Members Posts: 3
    edited January 2012
    i dont see the point in shooting in jpeg, it limits what you can do. when editing you can get a lot more out of an image if its in raw as theres a lot more colour detail, an image thats completely lost in jpeg could be brought back to life it was a raw image. only my opinion though
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    kurt looking old out chea
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
  • IceManKam
    IceManKam Members Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    If they do a table match, perhaps. Otherwise, the Dudleys have been trapped in unrelevancy for years now.

What about someone like Bobby Lashley? Finlay? David Hart Smith? Trevor Murdoch? Kenny Dystra? Brian Kendrick and Paul London? Val Venis? Scotty 2 Hotty?
  • VIBE
    edited January 2012
    Ksmart wrote: »
    If they do a table match, perhaps. Otherwise, the Dudleys have been trapped in unrelevancy for years now.

What about someone like Bobby Lashley? Finlay? David Hart Smith? Trevor Murdoch? Kenny Dystra? Brian Kendrick and Paul London? Val Venis? Scotty 2 Hotty?

I think Lashley would be in the running for champ or champ.

Finlay no, w Sheamus around he would be the fav over old man Finlay.

DHS, they misused him. I think if he could've built himself and been allowed to show more skill and wrestle he could've been a US or inter. champ.

Murdock no.

Dystra, I'm trying to remember him.

Kendrick and London, should've kept these dudes. I really think that the Crusierweight division needs to be revived. TNA does well w it, WWE has the potential to do wonders w it if done right. Without this division though, I couldn't see them doing well. Rey does well but he's been a HW champ, I couldn't see Kendrick and London having that belt.

Val no.

S2H, yes. His hip hop gimmick was big and still would be.