Is it just me or do you no longer know who the best player in the NBA anymore?

Options
DOPEdweebz
DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
edited January 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
It used to be kobe, espn tried to shove lebron down our throats until everyone realized he couldnt win a championship by hisself, rose had a mvp season but no chips n was taken out by lebron n wade, then dirk has the best playoffs in years plus a chip to show for it but nobody is really calling him the best... Durant has the numbers but cant reach the finals yet, meli n stoudamire are in the same boat figuratively n literally speaking, n dwight howard is in a sinking ship, while we can agree guys like blake griff, cp3, and kevin love are on the outside of this discussion ...

Comments

• yroholla
    yroholla Members Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    This can only mean one of two things: There's more talent in todays game overall when rating the best players or todays best players are not talented enough to fully seperate themselves from the bunch as the clear cut best player....Wade is the best player overall when healthy imo but I can see how many feel there is no clear cut best
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    anyone u can name is highly debatable....Ill just go with the player with the strongest skillset and most rings
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    27.9. Good point though...
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2011
    Options
    Let the season play out then it can be debated who the best player of such season is.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    rap doctor wrote: »
    are you ? ? lebron is 6'8, 250 and fast enough to stay in front of rose until help comes who everybody knew was going to shoot. Thats why he was able to slow down rose

mattere of fact, im not even going waste my time
    now u sound ? ???? Everybody knows rose shoots at the end of the game but nobody has been able to slow him down and until that ecf when lebron played great defense stop the hate u nit pick at every little thing to state ur case. Matter of fact ................never mind
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    What a lame. All this name calling u wouldn't say in nobody face stop it.The fact ur arguments are ? is why u resort 2 that. Plus u still haven't proved my point on Lebron. The fact Deng was in that argument shows u don't know ? about basketball. And Jason terry wasn't guarded by Lebron the whole time. And just because u have a few games bad defensively doesn't ur a bad defender is it not the NBA and it was 82 games played smh

Are you ? ? im dead serious

I did exactloy what you did except used more examples to completely ? on your argument. You used him stopping Rose as a example of him being a great defender. I countered that with several players who gave him bucket.
  • makaveli4ever
    makaveli4ever Members Posts: 826
    edited January 2012
    Options
    I think it is Lebron. And I simply don't get the threadstarter saying he couldn't win a title by himself. Who has?
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2012
    Options
    kobe looks like the best now again.. but two weeks from now it will be Derrick Rose... than 3 weeks form now Wade... then the week after that Lebron.. then Durant 4 weeks after that... then kobe again when he goes on another 40 point games streak..
  • b*braze
    b*braze Members Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Safe to say only reason Wade looked like he was >>>> Kobe was because injuries slowed him down?

Healthy Kobe ain't ? around.
  • Mumo 13X
    Mumo 13X Members Posts: 123
    edited January 2012
    Options
    FlyFreeCt wrote: »
    Allow me to quote myself once again......

Kobe been the best player since 01? Are yall serious? What bout Duncan??